The Great Police Work Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The second account is the most telling to me. He says (on audio) that Brown kept coming towards him even after fires were shot. If he were giving up do you really think he would keep coming towards the cop shooting at him? Yeah, me either.
Fires were shot? :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

Dash-Cam Video Clears NJ Man in Violent Traffic Stop
By SARAH WALLACE
February 25, 2014 11:21 AM

Marcus Jeter faced a years-long prison sentence.

The New Jersey DJ, 30, was arrested in a 2012 traffic stop and charged with eluding police, resisting arrest and assault. Prosecutors insisted that Jeter do prison time.

"The first plea was five years," Jeter said.

But after Jeter's attorney, Steven Brown, filed a request for records, all of the charges against him were dropped, with dash-cam video apparently showing what really happened June 7, 2012. Now, the officers are facing charges.

The video, which prosecutors say they never saw before filing the initial charges, shows Jeter holding his hands above his head.

"The next thing I know, one of them busts the [car] door and there is glass all over my face," he told ABC News station WABC-TV about the arrest.

"As soon as they opened the door, one officer reached in and punched me in my face. As he's trying to take off my seat belt, I'm thinking, 'Something is going to go wrong.'"

Jeter says the cops continued hitting him, telling him not to resist arrest.

"And when they open the [police cruiser] door, about to put me in, the officer hits me in the back of the head again," Jeter said.

View galleryDash-Cam Video Clears NJ Man in Violent Traffic St …
Dash-Cam Video Clears NJ Man in Violent Traffic Stop (ABC News)
The incident began when police responded to a domestic violence call at the Bloomfield home Jeter shares with his girlfriend. No charges were filed, and Jeter says he left after briefly talking to officers.

Police followed, trailing him along the Garden State Parkway. Dash-cam video shows Jeter pulling over and stopping on the highway shoulder.

The two officers pulled out guns.

Jeter didn't get out of the car. He was afraid.

"There was a cop on my left with a gun pointed at me, a cop on the other side with a shotgun," he said.

The video that was not initially turned over -- from the dashboard of a second police cruiser -- shows a third officer coming from the opposite direction, crossing the median and striking Jeter's car. That incident was not mentioned in any police reports related to the arrest.

As soon as prosecutors saw the second video, they dismissed all of the charges against Jeter.

A grand jury has since indicted two Bloomfield police officers -- Orlando Trinidad and Sean Courter -- on various charges, including conspiracy and official misconduct.

Trinidad was also charged with aggravated assault. Both officers have pleaded not guilty.

The third officer pleaded guilty to tampering.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because, that report coupled with the autopsy (the most proving factor) shows to me that he was moving towards the cop when the shots were fired.
There is nothing in that report to show he was doing anything other than facing the officer and the full autopsy report was never released.

Why such a rush to judgement when we do not even have an official incident report or official autopsy report.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is nothing in that report to show he was doing anything other than facing the officer and the full autopsy report was never released.

Why such a rush to judgement when we do not even have an official incident report or official autopsy report.
Why are you in such rush to deny the witnesses that state otherwise?

Again, you didn't come into this thread all innocent, but you claim to be with the "I just wanna know the truth". Yet, you can't come up with any evidence to support your claim either. So, it's now on you to support the claim that he wasn't moving towards the cop. Because, it's damn obvious now that he wasn't facing away from the bullets.

Also, the doc that the family hired to do the autopsy has now changed his tune. Wonder why.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why are you in such rush to deny the witnesses that state otherwise?

Again, you didn't come into this thread all innocent, but you claim to be with the "I just wanna know the truth". Yet, you can't come up with any evidence to support your claim either. So, it's now on you to support the claim that he wasn't moving towards the cop. Because, it's damn obvious now that he wasn't facing away from the bullets.

Also, the doc that the family hired to do the autopsy has now changed his tune. Wonder why.
Show me one time I have denied a witness claim or made a claim to support.

I came into this discussion to ask why none of the people who said he was giving up were not being given any credence, nothing more or less, go back and read my post.

Actually you are the only one making statements of facts that are not there, why is that?

Cotton

Staff member
Show me one time I have denied a witness claim or made a claim to support.

I came into this discussion to ask why none of the people who said he was giving up were not being given any credence, nothing more or less, go back and read my post.

Actually you are the only one making statements of facts that are not there, why is that?
Name a statement of fact that I have made.

Goferit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Name a statement of fact that I have made.

Goferit.
That dozen of witnesses have corroborated the officers statement.

That an eye witness said he bum rushed the officer.

That's just off the top of my head.

Cotton

Staff member
That dozen of witnesses have corroborated the officers statement.

That an eye witness said he bum rushed the officer.

That's just off the top of my head.
There was an eye witness that said he bum rushed the cop. Matter of fact you quoted that witness yourself. :lol

As far as the dozen witnesses, I was quoting what someone had reported. True or false.

Cotton

Staff member
Police: Officer feared for his life, fired 11 shots in deadly shooting

By Alex Zielinski - bio | email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - We're learning more about the moments leading up to an officer-involved shooting that left a man dead Monday night.

Lubbock police say Guadalupe Esquivel, Jr., 51, was threatening to harm a woman and her children before police arrived at the 2800 block of Cornell Street shortly before 10 p.m.

Police say Esquivel, Jr. was threatening to harm his former common law spouse. They say he went to a laundromat where she worked and pointed a pistol at her. Police say he told her that he was going to her home on Cornell to harm her children.

The woman immediately called police before barricading herself inside the home. When police arrived, they say a bystander pointed out Esquivel, Jr. who was walking towards the home.

An officer approached him. That's when police say he raised his pistol at the officer. The officer fired 11 shots.

"How many rounds struck the suspect, that we don't know yet. That will be pending the autopsy results. We don't believe all 11. Suffice it to say, the officer continued to fire until the suspect was down on the ground and no longer a threat to him," LPD Assistant Chief Greg Stevens said.

Stevens says that the department feels the officer feared for his life and was left with no choice but to shoot Esquivel.

"Any time you have a loss of life it's a tragic situation and regretfully we weren't able to arrive at a peaceful resolution to this," he said. "From what we can tell at this point, the officer was left with no choice. He had to resort to using deadly force.”

Stevens said eye witnesses were a huge help to the investigation.

"I think it goes towards the relationship that we are fortunate to have in Lubbock, Texas with members of the community, that we got that kind of support from people who watched this occur not only willingly gave statements but gave accurate statements as well from what we can tell," he said.

"His weapon was in fact loaded and again, taking what we know so far from the 911 call from the history just from yesterday evening, ostensibly, he was in fact walking to that residence I think to commit a violent act and possibly kill the victim and/or her children.”

An LPD review board will now examine the evidence and make a decision about what actions, if any, need to be taken.

"We will assign a shooting review board which will consist of police department commanders as well as an officer from his rank. They'll review everything from an administrative standpoint and a policy standpoint. They'll render a decision and then ultimately a decision will be made," Stevens said.

The woman who made the 911 call said she believed Esquivel, Jr. was drunk, but LPD says they won't know that for sure until an autopsy is performed. Stevens added that right now the investigation is ongoing.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Did it need to be 11 shots? Why not once in the kneecap, hit him with the taser, work in some pepper spray, then hug him into submission?

Cotton

Staff member
Did it need to be 11 shots? Why not once in the kneecap, hit him with the taser, work in some pepper spray, then hug him into submission?
:lol

This one was just close to home, so figured I would share it.

Carl

RIP Brother
You are stretching. Not like you. Maybe you are the one who spends time in front of a computer screen with a latte in hand, or is it an Americano, I don't know, I am not allowed to drink coffee.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

By SARAH WALLACE

The New Jersey DJ, 30, was arrested in a 2012 traffic stop and charged with eluding police, resisting arrest and assault. Prosecutors insisted that Jeter do prison time.

But after Jeter's attorney, Steven Brown, filed a request for records, all of the charges against him were dropped, with dash-cam video apparently showing what really happened June 7, 2012. Now, the officers are facing charges.

The video, which prosecutors say they never saw before filing the initial charges, shows Jeter holding his hands above his head.

"The next thing I know, one of them busts the [car] door and there is glass all over my face," he told ABC News station WABC-TV about the arrest.

"As soon as they opened the door, one officer reached in and punched me in my face. As he's trying to take off my seat belt, I'm thinking, 'Something is going to go wrong.'"

"And when they open the [police cruiser] door, about to put me in, the officer hits me in the back of the head again," Jeter said.

View galleryDash-Cam Video Clears NJ Man in Violent Traffic St*…
The incident began when police responded to a domestic violence call at the Bloomfield home Jeter shares with his girlfriend. No charges were filed, and Jeter says he left after briefly talking to officers.

Police followed, trailing him along the Garden State Parkway. Dash-cam video shows Jeter pulling over and stopping on the highway shoulder.

"There was a cop on my left with a gun pointed at me, a cop on the other side with a shotgun," he said.

The video that was not initially turned over -- from the dashboard of a second police cruiser -- shows a third officer coming from the opposite direction, crossing the median and striking Jeter's car. That incident was not mentioned in any police reports related to the arrest.

As soon as prosecutors saw the second video, they dismissed all of the charges against Jeter.

A grand jury has since indicted two Bloomfield police officers -- Orlando Trinidad and Sean Courter -- on various charges, including conspiracy and official misconduct.

Trinidad was also charged with aggravated assault. Both officers have pleaded not guilty.

I absolutely can not wait until it is required that all cops have video of every interaction. Much of this type of bullshit will stop and the stuff that still goes on will be clear for everyone to see. That's assuming the actual raw footage is seen and not tampered with/destroyed by the police, which is certainly not a given. Not that it will matter to the police apologists. Cops always get the benefit of the doubt with some people because, you know, they're all swell people and just want to serve and protect and stuff. Some people seem to think that the actions of police can always be justified because their job is dangerous and that they're just trying to protect themselves, etc. Horseshit. Aggressive, out of line incidents like this take place every day all over the place. How many people have gone to prison for situations just like this because the cops lied and there was no video to support the person who was assaulted?

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Iraq Vet Suffers Brain Damage After Vicious Beating by 20 Attackers at Waffle House That’s ‘Not Safe For Whites’

Two men were reportedly beaten by a mob of 20 African-American men after they went to a North Mississippi Waffle House that they were told “wasn’t safe for whites.”

The Associated Press reports that 32-year-old Ralph Weems, a Marine who served in Iraq, and his friend, David Knighten, an Air Force vet who served in Afghanistan, went to a Waffle House on Friday night.

Knighten says that a man standing near the restaurant politely told them that the Waffle House “wasn’t a safe place for whites” because locals were upset over the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson.

Knighten says he entered the Waffle House after Weems and saw his friend in an argument with several African-American men. Police were called and the two left and headed to a Huddle House, a restaurant similar to Waffle House.

Up to 20 men reportedly followed the two and accosted them in the Huddle House parking lot. Knighten says he tried to defuse the situation and a security guard came out and told everyone to leave.

Then, he says, the men knocked Weems to the ground and began repeatedly kicking him before turning to Knighten.

“I do remember racial slurs being yelled from the crowd,” Knighten told the AP.

“All my injuries were minor fractures and lacerations,” Knighten later wrote on his Facebook page. “I just wish I could have reached him sooner. Please keep your thoughts and prayers on Ralph.”

Weems endured a brutal beating and suffered brain damage, requiring brain surgery.

At the time of this writing, he was still in a medically induced coma at North Mississippi Medical Center.

“They’re going to try and wake him up tomorrow and see what damage was done,” Weems’ relative, Bradley Barnes, told The Times-Picayune.

On Monday, police arrested 22-year-old Courtez McMillian and say multiple other arrests are pending in relation the beating.

Police say the attack was not a hate crime.

“This does not appear to be a hate crime,” Police Chief Tim Brinkley told The Times-Picayune. “It’s very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt.”

-----------------
Huh? How would that NOT be considered a hate crime? 20 people of one race follow two of another, after explicitly telling them it wasn't safe for them BECAUSE of their race, then beat them silly?

If the races were switched, something tells me every media source in America would be calling this a lynching.

Cotton

Staff member

Huh? How would that NOT be considered a hate crime? 20 people of one race follow two of another, after explicitly telling them it wasn't safe for them BECAUSE of their race, then beat them silly?

If the races were switched, something tells me every media source in America would be calling this a lynching.

Yeah, there is no way you don't consider that a hate crime. It's the exact definition of a hate crime.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

By SARAH WALLACE

View galleryDash-Cam Video Clears NJ Man in Violent Traffic St*…

They fucked up big time when they mislead the prosecutor's office and made them look bad. If they had been up front about what they did wrong the prosecutors probably wouldn't have been pissed off and wouldn't have charged them. Cover up was worse than the crime as usual.

jeebs

Brand New Member

I am conflicted, he had a knife in hand and was walking towards them, So,point taken. Yet if a cop has a gun in hand and is walking towards me I cant put a bullet in his head and that is definately more threatening.

Cotton

Staff member
I am conflicted, he had a knife in hand and was walking towards them, So,point taken. Yet if a cop has a gun in hand and is walking towards me I cant put a bullet in his head and that is definately more threatening.
My advice to you would be, if you have a cop walking towards you with a gun, don't take chances and get on the ground like they are telling you to do. I know that's probably hard for you to swallow, but it's the real world, not some lunatic world where you think you may be able to exact social justice on the street.

jeebs

Brand New Member
My advice to you would be, if you have a cop walking towards you with a gun, don't take chances and get on the ground like they are telling you to do. I know that's probably hard for you to swallow, but it's the real world, not some lunatic world where you think you may be able to exact social justice on the street.
Lol. I eat shit like the rest.

My problem with police is not their violence, I am a man who believes in violence. My problem is their privilege to use violence that wouldn't fly with anyone else. A person is allowed to hold a knife, this is not something that should autmatically give police the right to execute people. I mean they did have batons and tazers and he made no threatening gesture. If I was on the street seeing a man holding a knife wouldn't give me the right to kill him. Cops just assume that is their privilege.

Top Bottom