1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Very nice pass and great catch by Byrd.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Funny story on that:

The dude was down to Tech and OU when he finally decided to commit to Tech. He called his primary recruiter, which was the DC at the time, to a phone that went to voicemail. He couldn't get in touch with the guy for two days because the coach had gone AWOL. He wasn't answering calls from anyone and had decided to go back to TCU. D Williams decided after two days to commit to OU. You just gotta love the defensive disaster that a Tech was for several years
That's messed up. He could have at least picked up his phone.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Williams is running hard like he wants a job.

I like that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Patmon read that play perfectly.

Timing was off a bit due to the mishandled snap but great play nonetheless.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Patmon with 2 plays. Very nice.

D

Deuce

Me too.

But I have to admit, a Cowboy looking like he needs a job and wants it is a little frightening.
Don't worry, we've seen this before. He'll get his shot, shine a few times and then Jerry will reward him handsomely.

see: Hamlin, Ken

1bigfan13

Staff member
Typical Cowboys. Score a TD then give up big plays for an easy TD on the next possession.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Patmon making more plays than Claibust has ever dreamed of.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is the first time in a long while that Dallas seems to have legitimate NFL talent in 2nd a 3rd stringers.

I know this will be a long year defensively, but we can be developing some top level depth if we ever get a frontline DT and DE.

Bishop, Coleman, Crawford can all be great rotation guys.

If Mclain and Melton can be average to above average starters this defense can be pushing average once Scandrick and Lawrence come back.

Don't see much of a pass rush this year but I think overall they could be respectable, the thing that hurting us most in run defense is gap responsibility.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This was a realistic tune up game.

Cowboys had a 20-11 lead with about 8:30 to play in the 4th then pissed the lead away.

That's Cowboys football. No hyperbole.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Y'all's boy Dixon just bailed out the Dolphins by drilling a defenseless receiver.

Dixon will fit right in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stolen from McLovin...our first half offensive plays...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scout's Eye: 12 Thoughts From The Miami Game

Posted 8 hours ago

Bryan Broaddus

Football Analyst/Scout

•I had an idea that it would be an outstanding test for this Cowboys offensive line to try and block the Dolphins defensive front, especially ends Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon. In the previous two games, protection was not an issue, but Saturday night there were too many snaps when Romo wasn't protected nearly enough

•Dez Bryant is ready for the regular season. His ability to separate in routes is a credit to how much time he has spent working on them this offseason and through the camps.

•This Cowboys defense is going to struggle with pass rush until they are able to get guys like Henry Melton, Anthony Spencer and DeMarcus Lawrence on the field. There is no one that offenses have to worry about with this current group.

•I liked what I saw from Brandon Carr and his return to the lineup after missing extended time with his family. As long as defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli continues to play press coverage, he will have a solid chance to play at the level that we all believed he could.

•I am going to have a hard time releasing Ryan Williams. I understand what Joseph Randle can and cannot do, but Williams is a better player. My eyes tell me that.

•Tip my scouting hat to Tyler Patmon and the way that he was able to position himself in coverage. For a slightly built player, I thought he was physical when asked to and played with really nice awareness in his responsibilities.

•Zach Minter didn't have a good night when it came to working against the Dolphins first offense. It appeared that he struggled to get off blocks and wasn't up the field with that quickness that we observed last week against the Ravens.

•Love the passion of Ahmad Dixon, but you can't play in this league if you make stupid penalties. He let his teammates down with that shot on Matt Hazel.

•I couldn't get a really good shot from our broadcast booth of the call on Tyrone Crawford and the illegal alignment penalty, but it would not surprise me one bit after the night that Gene Steratore and his crew had that they blew that call. Film study will tell me.

•When you run down the list of the five most valuable players on this team, if you don't include Dwayne Harris I don't care to see your list.

•I thought Will Smith was much better on special teams than he was on defensive snaps. He just played too slow in pass coverage and was taken advantage of.

•Sterling Moore played far more than I believed he would. He had worked his way back into practice this week and getting snaps in the slot on the nickel was something that he needed to do.

Top Bottom