TV Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maybe they should hire Micheal Bay to do the next episode of The Walking Dead so we can get some serious mindless drivel going on that some seem to love so much.

Last night's episode was outstanding.
Thank you for the insight...you are very important and have many leather bound books.

D

Deuce

Maybe they should hire Micheal Bay to do the next episode of The Walking Dead so we can get some serious mindless drivel going on that some seem to love so much.

Last night's episode was outstanding.
Spare me. Morgan isn't interesting enough to spend an entire episode on. Reminds me of when Lost would have Claire centric episodes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spare me. Morgan isn't interesting enough to spend an entire episode on. Reminds me of when Lost would have Claire centric episodes.
If watching an entire episode where you know everything that will happen because it's that predictable is interesting, then yes it was a great episode. It may have been well acted but the plot was boring. It was an episode that was stuck in there to make everyone wait another week to talk
about Glenn. Do I still need a spoiler for this?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you think there is even the slightest reason to use spoiler tags, I would use them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know if anyone noticed but Steven Yeun's name was not in the opening credits last night.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't know if anyone noticed but Steven Yeun's name was not in the opening credits last night.
Don't click this spoiler if you don't want to know what's coming up...
It's been said they done that on purpose to troll the fans. Glenn is still alive and will be in future episodes, and not just flashbacks. He's been spotted recently filming, and to prove it's not just in flashbacks, he was seen filming a scene with Jesus. If you're familiar with the comics, he is a prominent character that is from another safe zone.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't click this spoiler if you don't want to know what's coming up...
It's been said they done that on purpose to troll the fans. Glenn is still alive and will be in future episodes, and not just flashbacks. He's been spotted recently filming, and to prove it's not just in flashbacks, he was seen filming a scene with Jesus. If you're familiar with the comics, he is a prominent character that is from another safe zone.
Well, to be accurate, Glenn wasn't in that episode, so his name didn't have to be in the credits.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, to be accurate, Glenn wasn't in that episode, so his name didn't have to be in the credits.
They show all the actors on the show, whether they're in the episode or not. All the other actors were shown, but not in the episode... They've even shown actors in the past for a while after their characters have died. Glenn was purposefully left off to stir the pot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If watching an entire episode where you know everything that will happen because it's that predictable is interesting, then yes it was a great episode. It may have been well acted but the plot was boring. It was an episode that was stuck in there to make everyone wait another week to talk
Definitely a boring episode. They could have explained Morgan's background with a few flashbacks throughout the episode, as they've done with other characters such as Michone. An entire 90 minute episode did not need to be dedicated to his backstory.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Definitely a boring episode. They could have explained Morgan's background with a few flashbacks throughout the episode, as they've done with other characters such as Michone. An entire 90 minute episode did not need to be dedicated to his backstory.
I didn't mind the story, but even Michone didn't get that kind of special treatment.

At the end of it, I just wondered what we were supposed to get out of it. We already know what his philosophy is. I really didn't need to know why. At least not to the tune of an hour and a half.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The Leftovers is the best show on TV right now.

Too bad there isn't enough explosions and stuff for most people.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Leftovers is the best show on TV right now.

Too bad there isn't enough explosions and stuff for most people.
:buddy

This is the second explosions and stuff reference you've made. The smartest man in West Virginia!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rumor has it, Garret Dillahunt ("Justified," "Deadwood") has won the role of Negan on The Walking Dead. As readers of the comic book series know, the TV show is not a direct adaptation of the comic but still loosely follows the comic's progression. These same readers know that the TV show is quickly approaching the point in the comic where Negan will be introduced. At the very least, AMC and The Walking Dead showrunners have to be actively searching for someone capable of wickedly swinging a barbed-wire bat. According to Uproxx, that search is over as Dillahunt has landed the role based on some clues they've uncovered via Twitter.

Can you picture Dillahunt in the role? Did you have your own pick? Until this is confirmed by AMC or someone from the show, keep your salt handy.

:towel
-----------------------
He is a good actor and has been fairly menacing before.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Rumor has it, Garret Dillahunt ("Justified," "Deadwood") has won the role of Negan on The Walking Dead. As readers of the comic book series know, the TV show is not a direct adaptation of the comic but still loosely follows the comic's progression. These same readers know that the TV show is quickly approaching the point in the comic where Negan will be introduced. At the very least, AMC and The Walking Dead showrunners have to be actively searching for someone capable of wickedly swinging a barbed-wire bat. According to Uproxx, that search is over as Dillahunt has landed the role based on some clues they've uncovered via Twitter.

Can you picture Dillahunt in the role? Did you have your own pick? Until this is confirmed by AMC or someone from the show, keep your salt handy.

-----------------------
He's excellent. Still don't know how they are going to pull that character off on regular TV.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's excellent. Still don't know how they are going to pull that character off on regular TV.
Why? All they'll have to tone down is his swearing. As far as Lucille goes, they can and have been pretty graphic.

Jiggyfly

Banned

-----------------------
I think he can pullit off he has the ability to play crazy and still be somewhat synpathetic.

Since they are going this route it makes all of this Glenn stuff much more perplexing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was the big bad in The Last House on the Left, but he also was in The Road...which has a similar setting to TWD.

Carp

DCC 4Life
According to The Hollywood Reporter, actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan will debut as Negan in the season 6 finale of The Walking Dead. The news comes after rumors began circulating the internet that Garret Dillahunt had won the role. If AMC viewers thought the show would never have a villain as evil as The Governor (David Morrisey), guess again. In the comic series, Negan has inflicted more damage on Rick Grimes and co. than any other single force. THR confirms that Dillahunt was indeed in the running for the role, along with Timothy Olyphant, Matt Dillon.

What do you think of the casting? A lot of Justified fans will surely be miffed that Olyphant missed out on the role. Take the conversation to the comment section below and tune in this Sunday to finally find out what happened to Glenn. Did he miraculously survive only to be setup for a momentous meeting with Lucile?

Top Bottom