The gay debate...Texas style...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The is very interesting. Especially considering that Texas and red states get a bad rap.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just by the thread title that shows up on the main page, I'm going to have to say...

Yes.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
While I have made it obvious I am not for gay marriage (Something that gives them equivalent rights I could tolerate, but it still isn't marriage), I would never let anyone treat another person like that, gay or not.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've eaten there a few times, good food & ambience :lol

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Am I the only one bothered by the obvious stereotype that the actors and the show were shocked to have debunked? They acted so surprised that a bunch of redneck hillbilly Texans were more tolerant than a bunch of New York hipster morons. They way they acted I think they were amazed that someone didn't jump up, scream "REMEMBER THE ALAMO" and beat the gay couple to death with the handles of the Bowie knives they normally use to gut Mexicans.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Am I the only one bothered by the obvious stereotype that the actors and the show were shocked to have debunked? They acted so surprised that a bunch of redneck hillbilly Texans were more tolerant than a bunch of New York hipster morons. They way they acted I think they were amazed that someone didn't jump up, scream "REMEMBER THE ALAMO" and beat the gay couple to death with the handles of the Bowie knives they normally use to gut Mexicans.
Yeah, the redneck intolerance stereotype for Texans is one of those that is so far off the truth it's not funny. I mean sure, there are some intolerant people here, but you have stupid people everywhere you go, but more often than not Texans are a tolerant and classy people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, the redneck intolerance stereotype for Texans is one of those that is so far off the truth it's not funny. I mean sure, there are some intolerant people here, but you have stupid people everywhere you go, but more often than not Texans are a tolerant and classy people.
Bet your ass we are classy.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Texas has a big, highly mixed population and several large cities. Shouldn't be surprising it's not freaking Mississippi.

Top Bottom