MacMahon: Tony Romo - 'We've got to win out'

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If I'm Romo I'm sick of being a great passer who is constantly asked for bullshit imaginary intangibles. Quarterbacks throw the football for more TDs than INTs, this leader bullshit is mostly something they made up to push the narrative in football movies and on NFL films.

The Cowboys and Steelers in the 70s had good QBs, but they were lead by the two best defenses in football and very productive running games. The Cowboys of the 90s had the most consistent running back of all time to lean on and a top defense. Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, and Jimmy Johnson didn't hurt the cause either.

Football is a team game no matter how many stupid football movies you watch about someone "willing his team to victory". People need to get over this Joe Namath shit eventually.
Jim Fassell watches too many football movies. Either that or you are just a pedantic dickhead.

Genghis Khan

And maybe if you read a little closer you'd realize that I'm not saying Romo WOULD will the team to win, I'm saying he needs to say it.

Oh you mean it should be clear as a bell since I said he should say it 5000 times in one post? Oh.

Genghis Khan

I wasn't even thinking anything to do with Namath. I hate when people put words in my mouth. Nevermind the fact that Fassell did it in 2000, Irvin did it in the late 90s and Jimmy Johnson did it in 1991, those must have been stupid football movies too. But I'm not even talking about the end result, I'm talking about a change in culture on this team that's sorely needed.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Jim Fassell watches too many football movies. Either that or you are just a pedantic dickhead.
Jim Fassell has been really relevant lately. Also his boy Elway didn't get it done until Denver put a complete team around him, so I consider his point to be pandering talking head bullshit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wasn't even thinking anything to do with Namath. I hate when people put words in my mouth. Nevermind the fact that Fassell did it in 2000, Irvin did it in the late 90s and Jimmy Johnson did it in 1991, those must have been stupid football movies too. But I'm not even talking about the end result, I'm talking about a change in culture on this team that's sorely needed.
Hate to have to point this out to you, but Jimmy Johnson was the coach, not a player. Jim Fassell was the coach. He was in position to guarantee things for the whole team because he was in charge of the whole team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Garrett understands about winning out
December, 11, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have not won more than two consecutive games all season and yet they might have to win the remaining three games to reach the postseason.

The last time the Cowboys finished the season with a three-game win streak was 2009 and that pushed them not only into the playoffs but a postseason victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.

With the Cowboys down a game in the standings to the Eagles for first in the NFC East, the need to win out has become a serious topic.

"There's no question we understand where we are and what the task is at hand," coach Jason Garrett said. "But really the task is the only way you win out is you win one ballgame first. So we're focused on playing our best football against Green Bay."

The Packers, like the Cowboys, are still in the hunt for a playoff berth, so Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium will have meaning for both teams.

However, the Cowboys are coming off a blowout loss to the Bears on Monday night and the short week to prepare for the Packers game could help this team move forward faster than normal.

"Well, again you’ve heard me say this a lot, the best players and teams in this league have the ability to focus on the task at hand and that’s coming off of a big victory," Garrett said. "You have to move on to the next challenge and certainly when you come off a loss like we had the other night you have to do that. It’s important for us, in this short week, to make the corrections from the other night and take some time [Wednesday] doing that with our players and then get focused on Green Bay and how we can do our best in our preparation to go play our best ballgame on Sunday."

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The blonde chick on NFL Network has some ultra hot legs.

Genghis Khan

Hate to have to point this out to you, but Jimmy Johnson was the coach, not a player. Jim Fassell was the coach. He was in position to guarantee things for the whole team because he was in charge of the whole team.

We'll we don't have that type of coach. Romo isn't the type either but he's one that opened his fucking mouth.

Top Bottom