Sturm's Morning After: The Feeling of A New Era Being Ushered In

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:nodno

Dude. Never go full jiggy.

That wasn't said at all. He was saying it's possible to come back from a serious injury, not comparing the QBs.
:lol

I know. But, still comparing the injury of one of the most durable QBs in history to a QB that has shown himself in the last few years to be brittle as hell is dumb.

Cotton

Staff member
Seriously.

Here's the thing... I don't know if Romo will be effected by these injuries, mentally. But neither does Iamtdg. Doesn't know any more than I do. Not even a little.

There have been examples both ways. Who knows whether he'll be more jumpy or not? He'll probably be the same jumpy he's been for the past couple years.

The argument of whether Romo should get his job back or not shouldn't be dependent on Iamtdg's Jerry Jones like predictions of Romo's medical situation.

He has either earned the right to have the job back or Dak has earned it based on his own play.

You get these posters who get so entrenched in winning their "Dak should remain starter" arguments though that they start making up things about Romo's past performances and his injury status ("he'll never be able to take a hit again! I've seen the X-Rays!!!")
Yeah, because it makes no sense at all that a QB that has been ravaged with injuries over the last few years would be a bit jumpy in the pocket. You said so yourself that he has been jumpy the last couple of years. You think him getting his back broken again will make that better or worse? Common f'ing sense says it gets worse. And, a jumpy/skiddish Romo is a bad Romo. There is no need to speculate about that, since we have already seen it happen before.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, because it makes no sense at all that a QB that has been ravaged with injuries over the last few years would be a bit jumpy in the pocket. You said so yourself that he has been jumpy the last couple of years. You think him getting his back broken again will make that better or worse? Common f'ing sense says it gets worse. And, a jumpy/skiddish Romo is a bad Romo. There is no need to speculate about that, since we have already seen it happen before.
It means a Pensive Tony face before every game. No Bueno.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Seriously.

Here's the thing... I don't know if Romo will be effected by these injuries, mentally. But neither does Iamtdg. Doesn't know any more than I do. Not even a little.

There have been examples both ways. Who knows whether he'll be more jumpy or not? He'll probably be the same jumpy he's been for the past couple years.

The argument of whether Romo should get his job back or not shouldn't be dependent on Iamtdg's Jerry Jones like predictions of Romo's medical situation.

He has either earned the right to have the job back or Dak has earned it based on his own play.

You get these posters who get so entrenched in winning their "Dak should remain starter" arguments though that they start making up things about Romo's past performances and his injury status ("he'll never be able to take a hit again! I've seen the X-Rays!!!")
Exactly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Seriously.

Agreed.

What has happened with Dak has literally been a miracle and yet people are still bitching and complaining about this, that and the third.

How about we just chill out and let it play out?

I don't agree 100% with putting Romo back out there and it could certainly be the wrong decision but generally speaking Romo deserves a shot to show he still has it, and if he doesn't?

Oh well, we screwed ourselves for a handful of games in a season where we aren't winning it all anyway without vintage Romo.

The only way this turns into an issue is if Romo sucks and they leave him out there for 4, 5, 6+ games in a row. I think there is a very low probability of that happening.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
One can be supportive of both Romo and Prescott. It doesn't seem reasonable that if it is all Dak then Romo it bound to be terrible. I think all of us support Dak but we also want to see if Romo can still deliver.

Cotton

Staff member
One can be supportive of both Romo and Prescott. It doesn't seem reasonable that if it is all Dak then Romo it bound to be terrible. I think all of us support Dak but we also want to see if Romo can still deliver.
I don't think he is "bound to be terrible". I just think there is a pretty decent chance of it if he comes in pensive. Romo playing pensive takes away half of what makes him good. My fear is, he comes in skiddish, we lose a couple and Garrett refuses to bench him because he's just "shaking off the rust" then we lose another game and are essentially out of it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Romo, Bryant, and Ware have been crutches for the longest time. It's great to see the team finally work to get everyone involved.

This easy schedule couldn't have come at a better time for us

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed.

What has happened with Dak has literally been a miracle and yet people are still bitching and complaining about this, that and the third.

I don't agree 100% with putting Romo back out there and it could certainly be the wrong decision but generally speaking Romo deserves a shot to show he still has it, and if he doesn't?

Oh well, we screwed ourselves for a handful of games in a season where we aren't winning it all anyway without vintage Romo.

The only way this turns into an issue is if Romo sucks and they leave him out there for 4, 5, 6+ games in a row. I think there is a very low probability of that happening.
Exactly right.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Agreed.

Wow. An actual voice of reason.

How refreshing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think he is "bound to be terrible". I just think there is a pretty decent chance of it if he comes in pensive. Romo playing pensive takes away half of what makes him good. My fear is, he comes in skiddish, we lose a couple and Garrett refuses to bench him because he's just "shaking off the rust" then we lose another game and are essentially out of it.
Notnsure you are using the word pensive correctly.

Top Bottom