La'el Collins to have surgery on toe...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Will be placed on IR.

townsend

Banned
Shocked that we only unnecessarily delayed this for a week, usually we'd have carried him on the roster until thanksgiving.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad we are doing it, never really thought he could just rest a couple weeks and be fine. Plus 8 weeks from now he could return.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Glad we kept Leary. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Glad we kept Leary. :unsure
Yep. Perfect example of why you don't give up valuable depth unless the return is something you just absolutely can't turn down.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yep. Perfect example of why you don't give up valuable depth unless the return is something you just absolutely can't turn down.
You'll never get in a trade what he's really worth. Just benefit hugely from his being on the roster while you have him, let him sign for big money elsewhere, and cash in on the compensatory pick.

Cotton

Staff member
You'll never get in a trade what he's really worth. Just benefit hugely from his being on the roster while you have him, let him sign for big money elsewhere, and cash in on the compensatory pick.
Yep.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Collins is two years down on a three year deal and our last memory of him is getting bull rushed into the backfield against the Bears.

Twice.

Doug Free isn't having a great year either, though not bad, and we could probably ditch his contract after this season.

Could Leary be resigned with Free's money and Collins kicked out to tackle? Or Martin kicked out to tackle?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Collins is two years down on a three year deal and our last memory of him is getting bull rushed into the backfield against the Bears.

Twice.

Doug Free isn't having a great year either, though not bad, and we could probably ditch his contract after this season.

Could Leary be resigned with Free's money and Collins kicked out to tackle? Or Martin kicked out to tackle?
Chaz Green has been very good at tackle. I'd let him have a shot at it. Either way though your stuck using a draft pick on someone because now you have no depth. And Collins would be a restricted free agent after those 3 years, he can't go anywhere for 4 really.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
perhaps his toe was already ailing on those plays

Cotton

Staff member
perhaps his toe was already ailing on those plays
Yeah, I'm not even close to giving up on Collins just yet. He has been ridiculously good. A couple of plays when he was on a bum foot won't sway me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pretty sure Collins was already injured when he got bulldozed into the backfield. It was late in the first half and I think we only ran a couple of offensive plays the rest of the half, so chances are the injury already happened when you consider I haven't seen Collins get embarrassed like that since he's been here.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The idea of keeping Leary at guard and kicking Collins out to RT is interesting though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The idea of keeping Leary at guard and kicking Collins out to RT is interesting though.
I can get with that, but not the idea of pushing Martin out there as Simp and Schmitty have suggested.

You have an All-Pro guard, but you wanna move him out wide and hope he becomes a good tackle?

No thanks.

Leave the guy where he's already one of the league's best, and put someone else there.

Top Bottom