NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Celtics win. Great coach. Future looks lovely. Happy Days.
Just get a little luck in the lottery with the Nets ping pong ball and we will add a legit player to an already established contender. Looking forward to Simmons in green.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just get a little luck in the lottery with the Nets ping pong ball and we will add a legit player to an already established contender. Looking forward to Simmons in green.
Established Contender?

I think that is a bit toomuch, they still need a star player but they are tracking in the right direction.

D

Deuce

Established Contender?

I think that is a bit toomuch, they still need a star player but they are tracking in the right direction.
Maybe premature, but if we make it to the ECF this year than I think they can be classified as a contender.

Carl

RIP Brother
Established Contender?

3-10 we are as good as most anyone in the league. I think we need two stars, not one.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe premature, but if we make it to the ECF this year than I think they can be classified as a contender.
The playoffs are such a different animal, I would not be surprised if they got knocked out in the 1st round as opposed to Toronto and Cleve.

I would not be shocked if they made the ECF, it would tell a lot about that team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was a frustrating win yesterday, it showed what this team is capable but it's sad that it took the back of the bench players to give the team a spark.

I can say it should be easy to move on from Howard, this team needs to play fast and he just does not fit.

This was evident by the record they had without him last, Capella should slot in fine and they can upgrade the backup point and find some more shooters.

The scuttlebutt is that Beasley was brought in to help recruit Durant because they are boys and him and Harden are close, I think that's a pipe dream but I would love to add Horford he would really round this team out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The scuttlebutt is that Beasley was brought in to help recruit Durant because they are boys and him and Harden are close, I think that's a pipe dream but I would love to add Horford he would really round this team out.
I know it's the Rockets' fans dream to see Durant come to Houston, but it ain't happening.

The question you have to ask is, why would he? He's already on a superior team. He's on a top 5 or 6 team in the NBA. If he's going to leave that situation, then I would imagine he would only do it for a scenario that he knows is guaranteed to be better. The Rockets would basically be rebuilding this offseason. Yes, him and Harden would be a deadly combo, but so is he and Westbrook plus they have great chemistry not to mention a much better all around squad.

I would love to see him in Dallas, but I know that ain't happening. The only places I can see him going or to Golden State for obvious reasons, or Washington because of the appeal to go back home. Outside of that, I can't see him leaving OKC.

D

Deuce

I know it's the Rockets' fans dream to see Durant come to Houston, but it ain't happening.

The question you have to ask is, why would he? He's already on a superior team. He's on a top 5 or 6 team in the NBA. If he's going to leave that situation, then I would imagine he would only do it for a scenario that he knows is guaranteed to be better. The Rockets would basically be rebuilding this offseason. Yes, him and Harden would be a deadly combo, but so is he and Westbrook plus they have great chemistry not to mention a much better all around squad.

I would love to see him in Dallas, but I know that ain't happening. The only places I can see him going or to Golden State for obvious reasons, or Washington because of the appeal to go back home. Outside of that, I can't see him leaving OKC.
I can see him consider San Antonio as well. But that's about it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Do they have the money? If so, then that is certainly a top destination for him.
I'd be surprised if he showed any interest there, he'd have to share the ball and play within the system. I know he's not a super selfish guy like Carmelo Anthony, but being in Popovich's system can dampen a player's star power.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I don't think he is coming to Houston but he would be going to about the same type of team with him added.

I think Harden is a better fit for him as a second superstar as for players around him I think the only major difference is Ibaka, but there is a lot of young talent at the 3/4 spots between Capella, Harrell and Dmo.

If you can keep Ariza around that is a great bench piece and small ball 4, there is also a chance you could bring in Horford as well which would elevate the team into the top 3 in the NBA IMO.

I know all of that is far fetched but it is doable without much hassle if the guys want to come to Houston.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Duncan and Manu will come off the books this summer and playing with Aldridge and Parker should be enticing.
But will they retire?

I don't see Pop running either off to bring in somebody else.

I can't see him going anywhere else but L.A. but I don't know how much weight the G.S. rumors have.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can see him consider San Antonio as well. But that's about it.
I saw where someone floated that idea out there a few weeks ago but I don't see it happening. KD and Kawhi Leonard play the same position.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
But will they retire?

I don't see Pop running either off to bring in somebody else.

I can't see him going anywhere else but L.A. but I don't know how much weight the G.S. rumors have.
I think they will retire, but they aren't making that much money. They both took major pay cuts to help make room for Aldridge and Leonard to get paid.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I saw where someone floated that idea out there a few weeks ago but I don't see it happening. KD and Kawhi Leonard play the same position.
I don't see that as a big deal. I think either one could play 2 or 3. The reason I don't think he would go to SA is Popovich's system really doesn't have a spot for a Kobe or LeBron. He said something earlier this season that they will never have a guy be "the guy" to take a shot at the buzzer, they'll call a play and go for an open look even if Leonard has to pass it to Mills or Green. For a guy with Durant's talent level, that could be a lot of pride to swallow.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That is true and neither would be a good 2 for that system.

I actually thinks he takes a 1 year deal and him and Westbrook go to L.A.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't see that as a big deal. I think either one could play 2 or 3. The reason I don't think he would go to SA is Popovich's system really doesn't have a spot for a Kobe or LeBron. He said something earlier this season that they will never have a guy be "the guy" to take a shot at the buzzer, they'll call a play and go for an open look even if Leonard has to pass it to Mills or Green. For a guy with Durant's talent level, that could be a lot of pride to swallow.
That really makes no sense I have seen Ginoboli go one on one many many times in end of game situations, Pop would do the same with Durant.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That is true and neither would be a good 2 for that system.

I actually thinks he takes a 1 year deal and him and Westbrook go to L.A.
I don't think LA is in the mix. They are too dysfunctional. The management's a mess and there isn't a lot of talent on the roster. If he chooses to go to LA it's not to compete for championships. It'll be strictly for the quality of life improvement.

If he doesn't stay in OKC I actually think he goes to Boston. They're a great organization with a very good coach and plenty of young talent. There's not a lot of talk about KD to Boston but that's the move that makes the most sense to me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think LA is in the mix. They are too dysfunctional. The management's a mess and there isn't a lot of talent on the roster. If he chooses to go to LA it's not to compete for championships. It'll be strictly for the quality of life improvement.

If he doesn't stay in OKC I actually think he goes to Boston. They're a great organization with a very good coach and plenty of young talent. There's not a lot of talk about KD to Boston but that's the move that makes the most sense to me.
He will be about in the same position as he is in now in Boston.

I think the allure of bringing L.A. back with Westbrook could be big draw and they would have full control of that team with some young pieces and draft picks.

If it's just about winning then Houston has to be ahead of Boston, this season has been a disappointment but having Harden there and some roster flexibility ad a winning track record should be a draw.

I know Boston has a nice record this year but unless they get Simmons and another near star I don't see how he would put them in the top tier with G.S. S.A. or the Clips and Cleve.

I see them about the same as OKC currently.

Top Bottom