MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Cardinals have dog shit line ups, but they fucking win...winning culture does it for them.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Media reports in the Colorado Springs Gazette and the San Antonio Express-News indicate a significant change in store for the Pacific Coast and Texas Leagues.

Voters in Amarillo, Texas, approved a proposed $48 million downtown ballpark in a close November vote, decided by just 820 votes. Now it seems Amarillo may be close to landing its new tenant and kicking the 2016 affiliation shuffle into high gear.

Putting the pieces together, the following scenario makes the most sense if all the dominoes fall correctly:

• Colorado Springs moves to the new park in San Antonio and becomes a Rangers Triple-A affiliate. The Sky Sox’s current affiliation agreement with the Brewers expires after 2016, though the Rangers’ contract with Round Rock currently goes through 2018.

• The Double-A Missions move to the new park in Amarillo; the affiliation with the Padres expires after the 2016 season (the Padres had no comment about the reported shift)

• Triple-A Round Rock, where Nolan Ryan is part of the ownership group, switches affiliations from Rangers to Astros

• Fresno, the current Astros affiliate, comes free (its PDC expires after the ’16 season) and could be a landing spot for the Brewers.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/report-colorado-springs-moving-to-san-antonio/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_c ontent=5700792204d3011cdab7145b&utm_medium=trueAnt hem&utm_source=twitter#FCmc5urBdLZlvPff.97

This has been getting a lot of steam lately and will really bum me out if this happens. The Astros need to stay out in California.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Cardinals have dog shit line ups, but they fucking win...winning culture does it for them.
That is why I never count them out anymore. They always find a way to win a ton of games. There is going to be a season soon where they are not able to overcome all of their talent deficiencies though. They are due to have a down season. Not saying it will be 2016, but I sure as hell hope it is.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Media reports in the Colorado Springs Gazette and the San Antonio Express-News indicate a significant change in store for the Pacific Coast and Texas Leagues.

Voters in Amarillo, Texas, approved a proposed $48 million downtown ballpark in a close November vote, decided by just 820 votes. Now it seems Amarillo may be close to landing its new tenant and kicking the 2016 affiliation shuffle into high gear.

Putting the pieces together, the following scenario makes the most sense if all the dominoes fall correctly:

• Colorado Springs moves to the new park in San Antonio and becomes a Rangers Triple-A affiliate. The Sky Sox’s current affiliation agreement with the Brewers expires after 2016, though the Rangers’ contract with Round Rock currently goes through 2018.

• The Double-A Missions move to the new park in Amarillo; the affiliation with the Padres expires after the 2016 season (the Padres had no comment about the reported shift)

• Triple-A Round Rock, where Nolan Ryan is part of the ownership group, switches affiliations from Rangers to Astros

• Fresno, the current Astros affiliate, comes free (its PDC expires after the ’16 season) and could be a landing spot for the Brewers.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/report-colorado-springs-moving-to-san-antonio/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_c ontent=5700792204d3011cdab7145b&utm_medium=trueAnt hem&utm_source=twitter#FCmc5urBdLZlvPff.97

This has been getting a lot of steam lately and will really bum me out if this happens. The Astros need to stay out in California.
Switching back to the Astros? They just switched from Astros to Rangers in 2011. I guess I don't really care as long as the Iowa Cubs keep coming to Round Rock.

Rev

Staff member
1 win down 161 more to go.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If they can get the final 3 outs in the top of the 9th the Braves will win their 1st of 64 wins that I'm expecting this year. I think they'll be just good enough to avoid the 100 loss mark.

Closing out Turner Field in style.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No win today. AJ Pierzynski bobbled the ball on what would have been the final out of the game, allowing the tying run to score.

Rev

Staff member
No win today. AJ Pierzynski bobbled the ball on what would have been the final out of the game, allowing the tying run to score.
Now you can hate that shithead as much as the rest of us.

dallen

Senior Tech
3 runs off 1 hit. Not bad, Rangers. Not bad.

Rev

Staff member
3 runs off 1 hit. Not bad, Rangers. Not bad.
:lol

That makes 2 hits and 1 earned run total in last two opening day games. Not inspiring at all!!

Rev

Staff member
And the astros are right where they need to be...... Not in first place.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Rev

Staff member
Cole laughs at that...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cole laughs at that...
It was a really good start for Cole. Minus two pitches that hung over the plate he is looking at a 1 hit shutout thru 7.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Thor is the ace...no doubt about it. He is so good, so mature, just a stud. When he told the Royals that he would be 60 feet 6 inches away if they had a problem with him pitching inside...I got wood.

D

Deuce

:lol @ the Blue Jays for costing themselves a chance to win yesterday by getting doubled up because of the new neighborhood rule. Even more :lol 's at Bautista and Gibbons crying about it after the game.

Rev

Staff member
:lol @ the Blue Jays for costing themselves a chance to win yesterday by getting doubled up because of the new neighborhood rule. Even more :lol 's at Bautista and Gibbons crying about it after the game.
I wished I could have seen that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't like that rule. Yeah, Bautista reached out with his left hand but he clearly slid right over the top of the bag. You've got to let runners try and break up the double play.

Top Bottom