Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Probably because he knows one (of the many, admittedly) of the reasons he and other CBs haven't been successful is cause they have had the worst Safety help in the league for years.
Quote from a scout in the PFW guide: "Ramsey has played corner and safety. At corner, he might be an All-Pro by his second year. If he plays safety, he never sees Hawaii unless he's on vacation. If he thinks he's a safety, he better learn to hit a lot harder than he does now."

Then you see scouting reports that say he can't turn his hips well enough to play on the perimeter as a corner.

That's why taking a guy at four who has no set position and body of work is patently retarded. He is not at an expert college level at either position.

It is a bust begging to happen.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Quote from a scout in the PFW guide: "Ramsey has played corner and safety. At corner, he might be an All-Pro by his second year. If he plays safety, he never sees Hawaii unless he's on vacation. If he thinks he's a safety, he better learn to hit a lot harder than he does now."

Then you see scouting reports that say he can't turn his hips well enough to play on the perimeter as a corner.

That's why taking a guy at four who has no set position and body of work is patently retarded. He is not at an expert college level at either position.

I just can't see him being a top 5 pick without dominating at either position. From all I've seen and read I figured he'd be a safety in the NFL. If this scout is right it even solidifies not wanting him even more. If we want a CB I think we could do as well or better taking a guy in the 2nd. Someone like Eli Apple, Mackensie Alexander or William Jackson may fall to 34. Or even Artie Burns or Xavien Howard in the 3rd.

I know Ramsey is a great athlete and looks the part, but I want no part of him at 4. If we do pass on QB I'd rather take Bosa or Buckner if we can't trade down a few spots.

Jiggyfly

Banned

So you ignore that scout says he is a all pro at corner but totally go with the with the people saying he can't turn his hips well.:lol

And since when is being able to hit hard a prerequisite for playing safety?

He has no issue tackling and there are plenty of examples of him hitting hard, that is one of his strengths.

Come on man you are better than that.

And this is what PFW says about his hips.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/draft/2016/prospects/jalen-ramsey/

Has an outstanding burst out of his turn. Can mirror through all types of routes and has very good ball skills. Has outstanding size for a corner and can easily get to 215. Plays on punt coverage unit.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Fuck it lets do this :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
Who the hell is this guy and I would be pissed if we did that.

There is a lot of good depth in this draft just not top end talent.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I like Wentz, but like most seem to agree, neither he or any of the other QB's are top level franchise caliber QB's. I'd take at 4 in a heartbeat but would not trade up and sell the farm for him. If we do he had better be a top shelf franchise QB or we're going to regret this move for a long time.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

That would be a weird freaking move. Tennessee is not going to take him, I'm willing to bet Cleveland doesn't. I haven't heard a whisper about SD being interested in an heir apparent to Rivers. So what would we be doing, outbidding SF or Philly trying to move up from 7-8?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd much rather do this than settle for a Safety or trade down for LBs and such.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You don't get many shots at these elite QBs. Trading up from 4 to 1 costs a hell of a lot less than trading up from 10 to 1, 15 to 1, or 20 to 1, in a couple seasons when Romo retires after going 9-7.

Regardless if you think Goff is better or whether it would be an overpayment, my take is that, if you are right, there is no price too high to pay for a franchise QB.

And since I think they'd be right on either Goff or Wentz, I would support that move. I'd rather get him at four, sure, but that might not be possible.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think any of these guys is Elite and that's why I would not trade up to 1.

I just don't understand how you can be that sure on a guy and then say he needs to sit a couple of years.

I don't believe in rushing guys out there but I would like to think if I am drafting a QB that high he will not embarrass himself if he has to take over.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Allbright is apparently a radio host out of Colorado. Seems weird that he might have actual info, but he seems to have at least some reliable sources. He nailed the eagles trade compensation moving up from 13 to 8. He hit on some other stuff too.

There's nothing definitive here anyway but there could possibly be something to this.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Allbright is apparently a radio host out of Colorado. Seems weird that he might have actual info, but he seems to have at least some reliable sources. He nailed the eagles trade compensation moving up from 13 to 8. He hit on some other stuff too.

There's nothing definitive here anyway but there could possibly be something to this.
He seems to have a following but that does not mean a whole lot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't get many shots at these elite QBs. Trading up from 4 to 1 costs a hell of a lot less than trading up from 10 to 1, 15 to 1, or 20 to 1, in a couple seasons when Romo retires after going 9-7.

Regardless if you think Goff is better or whether it would be an overpayment, my take is that, if you are right, there is no price too high to pay for a franchise QB.

And since I think they'd be right on either Goff or Wentz, I would support that move. I'd rather get him at four, sure, but that might not be possible.
I don't blame us for exploring our options. If the trade from 4 to 1 is relatively cheap it's worth it to secure the QB you feel is the best in this draft. I don't see anything wrong with exploring that option. But I also wouldn't pay too much for that move since I think Goff is every bit as good of a prospect as Wentz.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

The Titans need Oline. Offer them our #4, Leary, and our 3rd or 4th. Hell, throw in Chaz Green too. Who knows, Tunsil might slide to them at 4. Doubtful he'd get past the Chargers, but you never know. If not, they could take Stanley there or even trade down again if possible, and take Stanley. They'd get two instant starters on their Oline, along with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom