Linehan's impact on the Lion's game.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Coming from Detroit he has to know what Staffords weaknesses are as well as some on the defense.

Do you think his knowledge of Detroit makes a big difference.

Ayuh or Feh?

townsend

Banned
2002 Gruden Bowl comes to mind. Payton's Saints shut us down hard in 2006. In 99 Holmgren's Seahawks held the Packers to 7 points. So the potential is there.

Edit* Reid's Chiefs shut down the Eagles last year as well.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
2002 Gruden Bowl comes to mind. Payton's Saints shut us down hard in 2006. In 99 Holmgren's Seahawks held the Packers to 7 points. So the potential is there.

Edit* Reid's Chiefs shut down the Eagles last year as well.
Yeah I have to think he is worth 3 points, he has to know how to fool Stafford at least.

townsend

Banned
Yeah I have to think he is worth 3 points, he has to know how to fool Stafford at least.
We've done really well at stumping QBs of late. Adding Linehan's experience to Marinelli's gameplan should at least give us some early opportunities to jump out ahead. Which has sort of been our thing this month. I suspect we'll be watching a big lead start to dwindle in the second half, and hopefully ride it out to win.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
I'm already nervous as hell for this game.

Even when we made the playoffs in the past, I always had a feeling we'd find a way to give it away in the end, so I didn't have much hope of making noise.

But this year is different. We have the potential to do some great things. We are riding high on the wave of momentum.

I really think if we come out and put together a great performance against Detroit, it will validate everything they've done this season, and boost their confidence that much more.. And then, who the hell knows! I'm just ready!

lostxn

DCC 4Life
To get to the SB, we would have to beat Detroit, then GB, then Seattle (most likely scenarios). What a murders row...amazing how little playoff position 12-4 gets you this year.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think Linehan is at least a 7 point edge on the Lions. He knows that offense inside out.

I'm more concerned about the Packers. With no pass rush to speak of, Rodgers will pick the Cowboys apart. Plus that cold might neutralize our passing offense. Its just not a good matchup.

If they somehow get past the Packers, I like our chances in Seattle.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dallas is its own worst enemy. There is no better offense In these playoffs.

That said, Detroit matches up well against us. We need the youth of this defense to take over and shut Detroit down.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Suh and Fairley being out makes this easier. Detroit is now next-weakest to the Cards in these playoffs.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
On the flip side, Detroit knows Linehan's offense so there is that. Suh and Fairley being out will help our cause but we're going to be without Melton and Hitchens, too.

I suppose it all balances out but I do think their losses are more crucial than ours. We've lived and died by our offense and they've lived or died by their defense and I think this tilts the odds in our favor somewhat.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Linehan is at least a 7 point edge on the Lions. He knows that offense inside out.

I'm more concerned about the Packers. With no pass rush to speak of, Rodgers will pick the Cowboys apart. Plus that cold might neutralize our passing offense. Its just not a good matchup.

If they somehow get past the Packers, I like our chances in Seattle.
I respect Rodgers, but it is like everyone can't remember he is injured...the cold up there is not going to help that calf either.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I respect Rodgers, but it is like everyone can't remember he is injured...the cold up there is not going to help that calf either.
I agree, but I'd feel much better if we had a strong pass rush.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It might help a little, but I don't think we even need it. It's a charmed year. Suh and Warford are out and everything is going right for us this year. We're going to stomp a mudhole in the Lions this weekend.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It might help a little, but I don't think we even need it. It's a charmed year. Suh and Warford are out and everything is going right for us this year. We're going to stomp a mudhole in the Lions this weekend.
:towel

Top Bottom