Jerry Jones: Josh Brent has a roster spot waiting if reinstated

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on August 5, 2014, 2:30 AM EDT

Former Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent is set to apply for reinstatement this week following a 180-day prison sentence for the death of teammate Jerry Brown in a car accident in December 2012.

If he’s cleared to return to his football career, Jerry Jones says he has a roster spot waiting for him in Dallas.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Jones said that Brent is scheduled to meet with commissioner Roger Goodell on Thursday. If Brent is cleared by Goodell to resume his career, the Cowboys will free up a roster spot to bring him back to Dallas.

“We will, yes we will,” Jones said. “In other words, we wouldn’t have it today, but we will make a roster spot.”

Brent was convicted on a charge of intoxication manslaughter after flipping his vehicle while drunk. The accident caused the death of Brown, a former Cowboys linebacker.

Brent was released from prison in June and finished his sentence in a substance abuse treatment center. Before applying for reinstatement, Brent first sought the approval of Brown’s family for permission to pursue his career once again.

Brent appeared in 12 games, making five starts, for the Cowboys in 2012 before the accident. He had posted 22 tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble on the season.
------------------
:towel

Newt

DCC 4Life
I'll almost take any help we can get at this point. Our defense is going to be terrible.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'll almost take any help we can get at this point. Our defense is going to be terrible.
Yeah, it's not going to be good at all. I literally fear what could happen.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If the D is that damn bad, they should already be dialing 1-800-defense. Brent is not going to save us.

Newt

DCC 4Life
If this D is that bad why aren't they available.....

p1_

DCC 4Life
If the D is that damn bad, they should already be dialing 1-800-defense. Brent is not going to save us.
I think they are. Got that shit on speed dial at this point.

I think it's good for us fans to prepare for a repeat of last year; that way, the only surprise is if we don't suck quite so bad. That's a positive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Y'all are towel waving like the second coming of Christ just happened. It is still just Josh Brent we are talking about.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Y'all are towel waving like the second coming of Christ just happened. It is still just Josh Brent we are talking about.
Nobody's towel waving the return of Josh Brent. It's towel waving/laughing because Jerry has his DLine fix at the ready.

Relax, superfan.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
When you have a bunch of Gary Colemans on the DL you get excited about Brent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I feel the Cowboys fight song coming on.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:towel

:beavis:mj:beavis:parrot

No sarcasm intended...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck everyone in the FACE.