The Great Police Work Thread

jeebs

Brand New Member
What kind of person is a cop? Seriously? It is either someone who likes the job or someone who can't do anything else. You going to trust either of those people?

Jon88

Banned
Who doesn't hate cops? (I hear black people love them)

Necessary evil is still evil.
Oh yeah, blacks love cops.

They've been dealing for decades with the shit they now pull on the rest of society.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Okay, I am done until Bipo starts this again. I can recognize wheni have started to spin out into my angry Internet persona. In real life I actually don't hate police, more like a strong distaste and a feeling that their job is immoral (though many are good men).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You mean having a nephew who does small amounts of drugs? That is the precarious situation? Not informing on family for a victimless crime? Those monsters, they desrerved their baby shot in the face by our brave moral (/spit) boys in blue. I am sure they were in terrible danger from this family.
That shit was written by the "victim" side. You really think cops raid houses for suspicion of "small amount of drug use"? If you really do, then we can't continue this conversation.

Cotton

Staff member
What kind of person is a cop? Seriously? It is either someone who likes the job or someone who can't do anything else. You going to trust either of those people?
Yes. But, more especially the ones that really want to do the job.

Cotton

Staff member
Okay, I am done until Bipo starts this again. I can recognize wheni have started to spin out into my angry Internet persona. In real life I actually don't hate police, more like a strong distaste and a feeling that their job is immoral (though many are good men).
I appreciate you bowing out, but their job is in no way immoral. I can't imagine anyone even thinking that, let alone voicing it.

Cotton

Staff member
Do you like cops Iamtdg?
For the most part, yep. There are some that are power hungry morons, but from my experience, those are few and far between.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I appreciate you bowing out, but their job is in no way immoral. I can't imagine anyone even thinking that, let alone voicing it.
using force to compel obedience? Yea immoral. They flash banged a baby!! They no knock raid the wrong houses and shoot home owners. Dogs die on sight in raids. These are not random occurrences, these are things that you know are going to go with the job. You volunteer to in force immoral laws, you do it in immoral ways, then you hide behind just doing my job or that the job is hard. Well they fucking chose it

Just thank god that they are Americans and that they are as good men as they are or it would be a shit ton worse. Because the job by definition is immoral.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Where a gun, push people around, enforce a faceless entities mandates, are these the attributes of a hero?

Cotton

Staff member
using force to compel obedience? Yea immoral. They flash banged a baby!! They no knock raid the wrong houses and shoot home owners. Dogs die on sight in raids. These are not random occurrences, these are things that you know are going to go with the job. You volunteer to in force immoral laws, you do it in immoral ways, then you hide behind just doing my job or that the job is hard. Well they fucking chose it

Just thank god that they are Americans and that they are as good men as they are or it would be a shit ton worse. Because the job by definition is immoral.
How would you compel obedience without using force of some sort? I really wanna hear this.

jeebs

Brand New Member
How would you compel obedience without using force of some sort? I really wanna hear this.
Necessary evil both necessary and evil. Cops have their place. We just have gone far past it with the intrusiveness of our laws and the militarization of police.

Before Hollywood police were considered closer to gamblers than soldiers.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Maybe society shouldn't be compelling obedience with force on every little goddamn thing?

Drugs just flat out aren't worth having shoot-first-ask-questions-later raids over. They aren't worth sending millions of people to prison over.

Since 9/11 we've been militarizing the police so they feel they need to go in on every drug dealer like he's Osama Bin Laden and the cops are Seal Team Six. Neither is reasonable.

You don't need to compare cops to some imaginary standard either. The US police are more violent than cops in any other first world country and the US locks up more people than any other country on earth.

Texas alone locks up more people than most civilized countries, more than England, France, Germany or Japan. Texas and California put together incarcerate more people than all of those countries put together.

Exactly how much obedience do we have to force in this supposedly "free" country?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
In the demographic of 18-33, yes.

They're sacks of shit who have serious issues.

Characterizing about half a million people into a dark light wreaks of some kind of bigotry. I mean, seriously, you have to be mentally retarded to hate 500,000 people.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
For the record I'm not in the 'hate cops' category, except when one has very recently pissed me off, but it's been years since the last time and I'm over it.

I just question the mission they are being asked to perform a lot of the time.

Opposing the Iraq war doesn't mean you hate soldiers and opposing the war on drugs doesn't mean you hate cops.

I also oppose driving around, randomly stopping people for being "suspicious" too, because that's basically just harassing the public and that kind of crap is the main thing that puts them in danger. Cops should go places in response to calls, not go around looking for trouble to get into or revenue to generate through chicken-shit radar tickets.

Basically, I support making the Cops' jobs easier, safer, and less stressful for them and less annoying, invasive and dangerous for the rest of us.

Jon88

Banned
Characterizing about half a million people into a dark light wreaks of some kind of bigotry. I mean, seriously, you have to be mentally retarded to hate 500,000 people.
I'll get right on that.

Thanks!

Top Bottom