Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
How the fuck can you pass on guys like Telvin Smith or David Yankey for that turd? I just don't get it.

So far, we pissed away our 3rd round pick so we can trade up for a "DE" who's better suited for the 3-4, and then threw away our 4th round pick on a 7th round player.

Yep. Business as usual. Fuck Jerry and our entire dumb staff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How the fuck can you pass on guys like Telvin Smith or David Yankey for that turd? I just don't get it.

So far, we pissed away our 3rd round pick so we can trade up for a "DE" who's better suited for the 3-4, and then threw away our 4th round pick on a 7th round player.

How can you pass on, well, anybody.

This guy did not carry a draftable grade by anybody.

Any source you want, grab it and this guy ain't on it. Anywhere.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well fucking obviously. It just underscores how deep the incompetence runs on this fucked up team

Right. I don't care what grade they had on him. Just because they didn't reach on THEIR board doesn't mean they didn't reach.

I'm sure they took Jason Williams right where they had him ranked, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is just incredible how these stupid fucks act like they won the lottery when they reach on a turd like this. It is infuriating.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Even Iowa fans don't think Hitchens is anything more than a special teams contributer.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/football/2014/5/10/5677624/iowa-football-anthony-hitchens-linebacker-nfl-draft-2014

WAS THIS A GOOD DRAFT PICK? He's shown the ability to bounce back. Some college players may have looked at the end of 2012 and decided to head elsewhere. Hitchens didn't and he improved as he said he would. He's shown that in an aggressive defense he can shine.

He's a solid tackler and will contribute right away to special teams. Once he learns a team's defensive system, he could be a reliable second option at middle or weak side linebacker.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's like they fuck it up so when they win 6 games it's a miracle with the players they had...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I get it. This what drafting for need looks like.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If it weren't for the humor the Eagles drafting a 3rd rounder in the 1st round provides and trusty Knob Creek, I'd be seriously depressed right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nawrocki's Scouting Report on Hitchens:

Overview

Florida native who took initiative to move out of his biological parents' house and live with a friend's family in order to attend a better, safer school and remain focused on his football career. High school running back, linebacker and kick returner who had 3,864 career rushing yards and 52 touchdowns -- earned four varsity letters in addition to playing basketball and running track. Bounced between safety, linebacker and running back as a true freshman in 2010, recording nine tackles, zero for loss and zero sacks in 10 games played. Appeared in eight games in '11, tallying 25-0-0. Missed five games because of a knee sprain. Started all 11 games at Will linebacker in '12 and notched 124-5.5-1. Was benched during the Purdue contest after multiple blown assignments, and did not play against Michigan (illness). Was the Hawkeyes' leading tackler and Defensive MVP in '13 -- started all 13 games at Will and registered 112-13.5-2 with two pass breakups, an interception and two forced fumbles.
Analysis
Strengths
Aggressive tackler. Flows fast to the ball (when he sees it) and has good playing range to the sideline. Plays bigger than his size and does not back down from big-bodied blockers or physical runners (see Ohio State). Fairly explosive hitter. Plays with a chip on his shoulder and is highly respected for his work ethic, makeup and overall approach. Is mentally and physically tough. Very durable despite lack of size (missed only one game in career).
Weaknesses
Is short and lacks bulk. Tends to play narrow-based and get rooted out of the hole on inside runs. Angles and anticipation could stand to improve -- is late to sort out misdirection. Very average cover instincts -- often is lured by play-action passing game. See-and-go reactor. Modest production for a weakside position where action is designed to be heavily funneled his way -- leaves some on the field.
Draft Projection
Round 7-Priority free agent
Bottom Line
An active, undersized, run-and-hit weakside linebacker, Hitchens is at his best in a scheme where he is protected and free to run to the ball. Has shown gradual improvement and could stand to compete for a backup role.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Drafting special teams guys in the fourth round, when the NFL is trying to basically make special teams extinct. Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom