MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Rays traded LHP Alex Torres to the Padres for INF Logan Forsythe. I like Forsythe. He hits for a good average and had a high walk rate in the minors, but this just baffles me. Why trade a dominant leftie reliever with an almost unhittable changeup who's cheap and you control for so long? Other players are involved so I gotta wait to see what else comes in, but my trust in Friedman took a major hit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just take the LT approach. If anything Friedman has earned the benefit of the doubt.

D

Deuce

Tanaka agrees to a 7 yr, $155M deal with the Yankees.

Tony...F you and your $189M payroll estimation.

D

Deuce

Feh. Great pitcher but no way I'd pay what it's going to cost in prospects to get him. Cubs won't either.
Somebody will and I'm just hoping that missing out on Tanaka is what will push that team over the edge.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Tanaka agrees to a 7 yr, $155M deal with the Yankees.

Tony...F you and your $189M payroll estimation.
Ha, yes. It wasn't my $189 payroll goal, it was the Yankees. This was before they missed the playoffs last year and the Red Sox won. They had many holes to fill. Lots of big salaries gone and just added others. Now they should sign Balfour, too.

D

Deuce

Funny tweet by Berthiaume.

The Yankees have spent half a BILLION dollars this offseason yet they are still slated to start Kelly Johnson likely starting at 3B and Brian Roberts at 2B.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

But he does have an opt out after year 4. Not sure why a player would want one when he's getting $22M a year unless he thinks he'll do so well early on that he can then rape the Yankees again like ARod did.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
But he does have an opt out after year 4. Not sure why a player would want one when he's getting $22M a year unless he thinks he'll do so well early on that he can then rape the Yankees again like ARod did.
As much as I want the Cubs to start committing money to free agents again I'm pretty glad they avoided this deal. Tanaka might come over and be amazing. He certainly dominated in Japan. However, that much money and that many years with a full no-trade clause for a guy who hasn't thrown a single pitch in MLB? I see why the Yankees won the bidding and good for them, but that's a hell of a commitment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Funny tweet by Berthiaume.

The Yankees have spent half a BILLION dollars this offseason yet they are still slated to start Kelly Johnson likely starting at 3B and Brian Roberts at 2B.
Ha, then people complain because they have a potential All-Star at each position. Which one is it? Criticize the Yanks for having All-Stars at every position or criticize them for not having All-Stars at every position.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Deuce? No recent reports on a Price trade. Maybe the Rays are going to introduce a cool new mascot like the Cubs recently did? :art

Surely the recent 7 player trade they made with San Diego involving mostly minor-league types isn't considered a "significant baseball-related announcement" that requires the big boys to publicly announce?

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Deuce? No recent reports on a Price trade. Maybe the Rays are going to introduce a cool new mascot like the Cubs recently did? :art

Surely the recent 7 player trade they made with San Diego involving mostly minor-league types isn't considered a "significant baseball-related announcement" that requires the big boys to publicly announce?
Hopefully it's an announced agreement on a new stadium deal which will get the team out of St. Pete. Otherwise :skurred

Tony D

DCC 4Life

Moving out of that shit hole into a new stadium closer to Tampa? That would be the best news for them.

D

Deuce

Moving out of that shit hole into a new stadium closer to Tampa? That would be the best news for them.
Putting a stadium across the street from the Hard Rock in Lakeland would be ideal. It's only 45 minutes from Orlando so people like myself who only do 5 or so games a year can seriously up their attendance.

D

Deuce

Balfour back to Tampa. F'n fantastic! 2 years, $12M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom