Archer: Which Dallas Cowboys stay, go in 2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Which Dallas Cowboys stay, go in 2014

January, 6, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Calvin Watkins has put together his annual “Take ‘em or Trash ‘em,” list for the Dallas Cowboys and he’s ready to move on from Morris Claiborne.

The first-round draft pick in 2011 had a poor season in part because of hamstring injuries that kept him out of six games and in part because of a lack of technique. The Cowboys traded up to get Claiborne with the sixth overall pick and said he was their highest-graded defensive back since Deion Sanders.

He just hasn’t played like it.

To me, it’s too early to give up on him, but he will have to earn his starting spot with the way Orlando Scandrick played in 2013.

Calvin was also ready to move on from Miles Austin, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher. Spencer and Hatcher will be free agents, and Spencer is coming back from knee surgery. Hatcher had his best season statistically but he should command more money than the Cowboys want to pay a soon-to-be 32-year-old.

While Calvin has those big names on the “trash” list, he is showing patience with DeMarcus Ware, Bruce Carter and Brandon Carr.

What do you think? You can vote here.

Cotton

Staff member
90% of our fans say to keep Escobar and 40% want to trash Hanna.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Which Dallas Cowboys stay, go in 2014

January, 6, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Calvin Watkins has put together his annual “Take ‘em or Trash ‘em,” list for the Dallas Cowboys and he’s ready to move on from Morris Claiborne.

The first-round draft pick in 2011 had a poor season in part because of hamstring injuries that kept him out of six games and in part because of a lack of technique. The Cowboys traded up to get Claiborne with the sixth overall pick and said he was their highest-graded defensive back since Deion Sanders.

He just hasn’t played like it.

To me, it’s too early to give up on him, but he will have to earn his starting spot with the way Orlando Scandrick played in 2013.

Calvin was also ready to move on from Miles Austin, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher. Spencer and Hatcher will be free agents, and Spencer is coming back from knee surgery. Hatcher had his best season statistically but he should command more money than the Cowboys want to pay a soon-to-be 32-year-old.

While Calvin has those big names on the “trash” list, he is showing patience with DeMarcus Ware, Bruce Carter and Brandon Carr.

What do you think? You can vote here.
These things are silly. You can't trash players you can't stand because of cap issues associated with them.

Cotton

Staff member
34% want to trash Ware.

Cotton

Staff member
These things are silly. You can't trash players you can't stand because of cap issues associated with them.
It's hard to vote, for sure, because there are variables with some of the votes. Like Ware, for instance. If he takes a pay cut I am all about keeping him. Otherwise, cya.

Cotton

Staff member
19% want to keep Jerry Jones. Motherfucker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
19% "Take" Jerry Jones.

These people must be found and chemically castrated right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
58% keep Garrett.

Schmitty's mouse finger must be tired.

Cotton

Staff member
37% like teh Black Wiener.

Cotton

Staff member
What's your point?
Just stating the results, homer. I would give Escobust another year, but the 40% that want to get rid of Hanna can GTFO.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Just stating the results, homer. I would give Escobust another year, but the 40% that want to get rid of Hanna can GTFO.
Not being a homer. I know it's the cool thing to do around here to call the 2nd round TE after 1 season a bust, but it's just not true...yet. Sure we all would've wanted to take a guy at a position of need and who could've helped this past season, but that doesn't mean this dude is a bust just yet. I have to give a guy 2-3 seasons before I throw the bust word around so I agree with keeping him around.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't see how you can label Escobar a bust. He was used sparingly and who's fault is that. Truth is who knows how he would perform if used regularly.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't see how you can label Escobar a bust. He was used sparingly and who's fault is that. Truth is who knows how he would perform if used regularly.
Considering we had seen this 2nd round te story play out before it's more that it's a wasted pick since most knew he wouldn't see significant snaps to justify the pick.

Cotton

Staff member
Considering we had seen this 2nd round te story play out before it's more that it's a wasted pick since most knew he wouldn't see significant snaps to justify the pick.
There's the problem with him. Maybe or maybe he won't develop into something. He wasn't a fit which definitely bore itself out through the year in his lack of snaps.

Top Bottom