Coach Firings/Hirings Chatter

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Jerry Jones looks even more of a fool than ever imagined.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry Jones looks even more of a fool than ever imagined.
You should watch Jimmy Haslam's press conference. He apologized to the fans and it was a pretty intense commentary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow.

I wouldn't hire a damn one of them for a coordinator position.

What is wrong with these dumb owners?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Wow.

I wouldn't hire a damn one of them for a coordinator position.

What is wrong with these dumb owners?
They're probably just scrambling around for backup plans after they were shocked and disappointed to learn the Jason Garrett will not be an option for them.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You should watch Jimmy Haslam's press conference. He apologized to the fans and it was a pretty intense commentary.
Haslam and his family are/were the huge $$$ men and string-pullers at the U of Tenn. Anyways, I know they sucked again this year but can't imagine firing a HC after just one season, especially with the QB injuries they had and trading RB Trent Richardson early in the year. Wonder if there's more to the story or Haslam is just this unreasonable.

D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: Minnesota and Cleveland now have asked for permission to interview Broncos OC Adam Gase, who has declined to interview until after season.

I guess this dude doesn't want a HC gig this year. Nobody is going to wait 3 or 4 weeks to interview him while other top choices are getting scooped up.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

I'd go with the Vikings. Browns likely only offering a multi-month deal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
@AdamSchefter: Minnesota and Cleveland now have asked for permission to interview Broncos OC Adam Gase, who has declined to interview until after season.

I guess this dude doesn't want a HC gig this year. Nobody is going to wait 3 or 4 weeks to interview him while other top choices are getting scooped up.
Maybe because he knows he isn't ready?

God knows he isn't really the OC of that team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Texans continue pursuit of O'Brien as 5 other NFL jobs open

McNair mum about reports, but deal for Penn State coach could be a go as soon as today

By John McClain
December 31, 2013

As he continued his pursuit of Bill O'Brien, Texans owner Bob McNair on Monday declined to comment on reports he's on the verge of hiring the Penn State head coach.

McNair wants to get the deal done with O'Brien as soon as possible rather than risk losing him to other owners who are in the market for new coaches after five were fired on Black Monday.

Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Washington have vacancies to fill, and more coaches could get their pink slips.

Barring unforeseen complications, McNair is expected to hire O'Brien, who has done a terrific job under difficult circumstances the last two seasons at Penn State.

ESPN reported Monday that McNair could finalize his deal with O'Brien within 24 hours.

Because of the job he did at Penn State and his five years as an assistant coach, including offensive coordinator, at New England under Bill Belichick, O'Brien has emerged as one of the hottest coaching candidates in the country.

Last year, O'Brien interviewed with Cleveland and Philadelphia before deciding to return for a second season at Penn State.

McNair said Saturday - when ESPN reported that O'Brien is the "overwhelming favorite" to replace Gary Kubiak - that the process wasn't over because he had more interviews scheduled.

McNair had planned to interview San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, but the Chargers earned the last wild-card berth in the AFC. The Texans can't afford to wait on Whisenhunt, because they don't want to lose O'Brien.

McNair, vice chairman Cal McNair and general manager Rick Smith have been interviewing candidates. They've interviewed O'Brien, former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, Texans interim coach Wade Phillips, and at least one undisclosed coach.

Since the O'Brien-to-Houston reports began, there has been speculation about who would replace him at Penn State. The three most prominent names mentioned are Greg Schiano (fired Monday as Tampa Bay's coach), Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak and University of Miami coach Al Golden.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

Washington granted permission to speak with Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell for their HC job.

I like the coach. I would be disappointed to see them get him.

D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN from me and @mortreport: Bill O'Brien has reached agreement to become the new head coach of the Houston Texans, per sources.

Cotton

Staff member
ESPN - Bill O'Brien to leave Penn State to become coach of Houston Texans, ESPN's Schefter and Mortensen report

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
With Billy Buttchin gone, you have to figure Douche Schiano is on his way back

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
OBrien would be another huge upgrade and we should be firing Garrett yesterday to bring OBrien in here.

This is what really pisses me off. Had we fired Garrett last year and hired Reid or aryans or Kelly we'd be a playoff team right now. But instead we are going to make the same mistake this offseason and we'll be right back in the same spot at the end of next year.

Rrrrrrfffgggtrrrfghhhhhh

D

Deuce

OBrien would be another huge upgrade and we should be firing Garrett yesterday to bring OBrien in here.

This is what really pisses me off. Had we fired Garrett last year and hired Reid or aryans or Kelly we'd be a playoff team right now. But instead we are going to make the same mistake this offseason and we'll be right back in the same spot at the end of next year.

Rrrrrrfffgggtrrrfghhhhhh
I agree all around, but I've also started to try and rationalize this situation as well.

What if Zimmer gets a HC gig this offseason? That's a bad situation avoided once Garrett is fired next year.

Top Bottom