MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I imagine everyone was screaming DON'T TOUCH IT!!! DONT TOUCH IT!!! on that foul ball that went into the Bartman area. :lol
I saw something on Twitter that said there were people literally screaming that in that section.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Congrats, [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]. You guys are definitely due. Now on to the big prize.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
People are saying Bartman should be invited to throw out the first pitch at Wrigley.

Honestly, if I am Bartman, I tell Cubs fans to go F themselves.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
People are saying Bartman should be invited to throw out the first pitch at Wrigley.

Honestly, if I am Bartman, I tell Cubs fans to go F themselves.
I don't see him accepting even if invited. He has done everything he can to distance himself from it, including moving out of state and declining all interview requests. He could surely make some money off a book deal to tell his story about how it has affected him, etc, but he has chosen instead to try and put it behind him.

I would not invite him to throw out the first pitch anyway. I feel bad for the guy. It was a simple mistake that could have happened to anyone, but I also do not think he should be honored in any way. Best to just leave the whole thing in the past where it belongs.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't invite him, either. Could you imagine if they did and the Cubs lost the series? I'm sure it would be spun into him jinxing them.

I think it would be cool if they invited him to the parade if they win, though. Let him know all is forgiven. Let bygones be bygones and all that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I wouldn't invite him, either. Could you imagine if they did and the Cubs lost the series? I'm sure it would be spun into him jinxing them.

I think it would be cool if they invited him to the parade if they win, though. Let him know all is forgiven. Let bygones be bygones and all that.
That's the thing, like ED said, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, with several other people reaching out for the ball too. He got beer thrown at him and had to go into hiding... Now Cubs fans graciously want to forgive HIM. :lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That's the thing, like ED said, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, with several other people reaching out for the ball too. He got beer thrown at him and had to go into hiding... Now Cubs fans graciously want to forgive HIM. :lol
Well, he probably deserved to have beer thrown at him. All of the threats and subsequent living hell no, but he deserved the beer.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
As a person who grew up in a small market Midwest city, I love seeing teams like Cleveland and Kansas City have success. If the Cubs can finish off the Dodgers I’ll be rooting for the Cubs to win it all.

If the Cubs win the World Series and you’re a diehard Cubs fan, you absolutely have to do everything within your means to get to Chicago during the championship parade. I imagine a Cubs victory parade would be a once in a generation kind of celebration where public offices and schools are even closed for the day.
I am flying in late Friday night & unfortunately will be in the air during the game that night, but will be watching the Saturday & Sunday games in Wrigleyville. Had to make a decision on plane tix & couldn't risk waiting too long & trying to get to Chi for a parade on a day or two notice so I pulled the trigger today to go this weekend. It is kind of doubtful they clinch in 5---hell they could lose in 5, never know---so being in town when/if they win is probably not going to happen for me, and neither is the parade if they win. It is possible though as I don't fly back until Tuesday AM. But regardless I am glad I'll get to be in the area for a couple of these home games. I just want to be part of the madness and feel some of the buzz that will permeate through the neighborhood/city. Should be a hell of an experience. Will be much less cool if the Cubs are losing games but it will be amazing if they win it in 5. Would really love to be in town for that.

[MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION], I may need to take you up on your spare room offer. :lol. Actually she really didn't give me too much trouble about it but as Friday draws nearer she will probably start to get salty as she thinks about me having a good time while she is home working & with the kids. She will probably resent me the whole time I am gone and when I return. Maybe not though. She has always been pretty cool about stuff like this but I am definitely going to owe her.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, he probably deserved to have beer thrown at him. All of the threats and subsequent living hell no, but he deserved the beer.
I will never understand why he and other fans, not just of the Cubs that night but also around the league, would go brain dead and reach for a ball that is playable knowing that it could cost your team an interference foul.

I mean, even before that game, I'd watch postseason baseball and see plays like that unfolding and each time I'd say out loud "don't touch it". If it were my team at that stage of the postseason and I was sitting there, not only would I not reach for the ball, I'd be the guy yelling at others not to touch it.

Fans have to be smarter than that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I am flying in late Friday night & unfortunately will be in the air during the game that night, but will be watching the Saturday & Sunday games in Wrigleyville. Had to make a decision on plane tix & couldn't risk waiting too long & trying to get to Chi for a parade on a day or two notice so I pulled the trigger today to go this weekend. It is kind of doubtful they clinch in 5---hell they could lose in 5, never know---so being in town when/if they win is probably not going to happen for me, and neither is the parade if they win. It is possible though as I don't fly back until Tuesday AM. But regardless I am glad I'll get to be in the area for a couple of these home games. I just want to be part of the madness and feel some of the buzz that will permeate through the neighborhood/city. Should be a hell of an experience. Will be much less cool if the Cubs are losing games but it will be amazing if they win it in 5. Would really love to be in town for that.

[MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION], I may need to take you up on your spare room offer. :lol. Actually she really didn't give me too much trouble about it but as Friday draws nearer she will probably start to get salty as she thinks about me having a good time while she is home working & with the kids. She will probably resent me the whole time I am gone and when I return. Maybe not though. She has always been pretty cool about stuff like this but I am definitely going to owe her.
Sounds like a blast. I really wished that I could have gone to a couple of the Ranger world series games despite the outcome. I'm sure Chicago will be crazy fun so enjoy and I will leave the light on for you if you need it. :lol.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I am starting to develop a lot of nervousness about this series that I really didn't have in the NLDS/NLCS (well, besides right after those back to back shutouts vs. the LAD). The Indians are a really tough matchup for the Cubs. First, the weather is going to be cold and that is much more in favor of Cleveland than the Cubs, IMO. That advantage has to do with what I think is one of two major factors that could lead to Cleveland winning the series. They run the bases really well. Obviously that is going to be a big problem for Jon Lester with his well documented issues. Arrieta slow to the plate and has trouble with guys stealing on him too. If Cleveland is able to get the right guys on and generate some runs via the stolen base it could swing things very much in their direction.

Also, one of the things the Cubs do well is work counts and get the starter out so they can beat up the opposing teams' bullpen. Yeah...Andrew Miller. He can't pitch multiple innings every game, but he is going to be a problem. If the Indians get out to early leads it is going to be trouble for the Cubs. I do think they can get to Cleveland's closer though. He's good but they can get to him.

Anyway, the Cubs should be favored but these two things could be the difference between winning and losing the series. Definitely enough to make me nervous about the matchup.

dallen

Senior Tech
The fact that the Cubs are in the World Series has un-dead-ed baseball for me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ok. Somebody explain to me why Lester won't throw to first base. He had Lindor picked off by 20 feet.

D

Deuce

Cubs are still big time favorites, but these Indians are filthy. 9-1 in the postseason and they've given up a total of 15 runs after facing Boston, Toronto and now the Cubs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rev

Staff member
Ok. Somebody explain to me why Lester won't throw to first base. He had Lindor picked off by 20 feet.
I would like to know as well. While we are at it why take out Kluber after only 80 pitches?

Rev

Staff member
Cubs are still big time favorites, but these Indians are filthy. 9-1 in the postseason and they've given up a total of 15 runs after facing Boston, Toronto and now the Cubs.
It's the LeBron breaking of the Cleveland curse. After the Cavs won the championship the Indians won 14 straight.

D

Deuce

I would like to know as well. While we are at it why take out Kluber after only 80 pitches?
Probably a mix of knowing you have a rested pen with 2 arms you know will shut the door and also wanting Kluber to take it as easy as possible since he'll be needed for 3 potential games.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He has a big time mental block. The 'yips' as they say. I didn't know anything about it until after the Cubs signed him it started to circulate that he had only thrown over like 6 times his last year in Boston. I have no idea why he hasn't been able to overcome it through practice/repititon but he has not. It was a huge problem for him in '15 because the SB success rate was way high. It wasn't nearly as bad this year. He is pretty quick to the plate and he and Ross managed it reasonably well this year. The number of SBs against him went down quite a bit. As a fan it is annoying though. Fix that shit.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Kyle Schwarber can apparently just wreck his knee, miss the entire season, get in a few days of hitting against the machine & some minor leaguers in Arizona, then just step right into the World Series and rake. Unbelievable. He had a couple RBI singles tonight and also drew a walk & came around to score. Doubled off the wall against Kluber last night when Kluber was absolutely filthy. The kid is quickly vaulting himself into legendary Cub status.

Top Bottom