Greg Hardy signed...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Come on, man.

The one guy you spend big money on is an elite pass rusher.

Time to make this happen.
Would be major fail to bring the guy in for 2 days and then say the price is too high.

If I'm in the market for a car I don't even look at one's that are too high, let alone test drive it, take it home over night and negotiate. If you do all that and then still say the price is too high then you're an idiot.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
um, didn't they know his contract demands before they wined and dined him?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is basically like saying nothing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Would be major fail to bring the guy in for 2 days and then say the price is too high.

If I'm in the market for a car I don't even look at one's that are too high, let alone test drive it, take it home over night and negotiate. If you do all that and then still say the price is too high then you're an idiot.
Yep, make it happen Jerry

D

Deuce

um, didn't they know his contract demands before they wined and dined him?
Demands probably changed. If the Bucs have heavy interest, they have a ton of money to throw at him and that will drive the price up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Demands probably changed. If the Bucs have heavy interest, they have a ton of money to throw at him and that will drive the price up.
but we can afford to sign anyone we want, Fisher said so :art

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So, how will this effect our first round draft strategy?
Doesn't change a single thing for me except it'd just make it less likely that I'd take a DE like Odighizuwa, who while I feel pretty good about him, I'm not 100% sold considering the health issues. Guys like Brown and Goldman are still at the top of my wishlist, along with Gurley, although at this point it looks like if those guys are all gone, trading down is our best option. Maybe trade down 10 or so slots and still end up with a guy like Ajayi, Gordon or Eric Kendricks.

DE was never a real strong bet for us at 27 anyway. To me it always seemed like we would go DT or RB, or maybe a guy like Eric Kendricks, I can only pray that we don't go CB though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't change a single thing for me except it'd just make it less likely that I'd take a DE like Odighizuwa, who while I feel pretty good about him, I'm not 100% sold considering the health issues. Guys like Brown and Goldman are still at the top of my wishlist, along with Gurley, although at this point it looks like if those guys are all gone, trading down is our best option. Maybe trade down 10 or so slots and still end up with a guy like Ajayi, Gordon or Eric Kendricks.

DE was never a real strong bet for us at 27 anyway. To me it always seemed like we would go DT or RB, or maybe a guy like Eric Kendricks, I can only pray that we don't go CB though.
I think it just lets me sit back and really take the best available at 27. If Dupree falls, I'd still have no problem taking him. Same thing goes for Landon Collins. If the best player is an OT, you can go ahead and take him knowing that Free is probably only here a couple years at most. If you a LBer you really like that falls to our pick, you can do that too!

Basically Hardy prevents us from reaching for need in the draft. We need a RB still but we really only need one in the first 3-4 rounds. The only corner I'd consider in the first round is Trae Waynes and that dude will be long gone by the time we pick.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They should have already gathered all the info they could from the league about the pending suspension, and knew he was coming off a Franchise Tag year and that he'd want to get paid$, so wtf are they waiting for now?

This late into FA and they're taking days to get this guy signed?

~popcorn been ready, but done got cold~

Rayman

Brand New Member
They should have already gathered all the info they could from the league about the pending suspension, and knew he was coming off a Franchise Tag year and that he'd want to get paid$, so wtf are they waiting for now?

This late into FA and they're taking days to get this guy signed?

~popcorn been ready, but done got cold~
I would imagine it's much more tricky doing a contract for him since we don't know how many games he will miss. I'm sure the team wants some protection. Especially on a one year contract.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Sorry to bring it back to the dead horse character issues thing, but my concern with him again is more about what I could see him do in the future. He has shown himself a) to have a crazy temper, at least around women b) to own a large collection of guns and c) to have friends that will help him do things like restrain and drag girlfriends around an apartment.

Not a good mix.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol

At least we have Hos's guarantees to laugh at.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would imagine it's much more tricky doing a contract for him since we don't know how many games he will miss. I'm sure the team wants some protection. Especially on a one year contract.
You don't think Jerry has some insight into what the suspension will be?

Top Bottom