2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yeah, I understand about the being loaded part. I was talking about the difference in the ammo. Hollow point vs FMJ (full metal jacket)
Actually, now the official word is that the magazine was next to the gun but the magazine was loaded with hollow-point rounds. In New Jersey the type of round does make a huge difference, hollow-point bullets are illegal to possess and sell. They (NJ) actually have a specific charge for each different type of round... FMJ, hollow-point, Teflon coated, black talon, etc.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I understand about the being loaded part. I was talking about the difference in the ammo. Hollow point vs FMJ (full metal jacket)
Best Google efforts seem to point to hollow points being legal for hunting but not handguns.

Hollow points are specifically addressed in the NJ statutes but there seems to be some debate as to whether NJ lawmakers knew what they were talking about when they drew up the statute (probably not).

Regardless, yes it seems to make a difference that they were hollow point, assuming the firearm was a handgun.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Actually, now the official word is that the magazine was next to the gun but the magazine was loaded with hollow-point rounds. In New Jersey the type of round does make a huge difference, hollow-point bullets more illegal to possess and sell. They actually have a specific charge for each different type of round... FMJ, hollow-point, Teflon coated, black talon, etc.
Huh. Never heard of that before. A well placed FMJ from a .45 will kill you just as dead as HP. Just not as messy. :art

Maybe my thinking is all backwards, but I would think that FMJ in a public setting would be more dangerous. It's a piercing round, and more likely to pass through it's target and strike another.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Best Google efforts seem to point to hollow points being legal for hunting but not handguns.

Hollow points are specifically addressed in the NJ statutes but there seems to be some debate as to whether NJ lawmakers knew what they were talking about when they drew up the statute (probably not).

Regardless, yes it seems to make a difference that they were hollow point, assuming the firearm was a handgun.
Thanks. I obviously don't know anything about NJ laws.

I load HP in my concealed carry, and use FMJ for the range. Nothing illegal about using them in a hand gun in ND, MT, SD, or WY. (the areas I travel, and carry concealed)

Genghis Khan

Thanks. I obviously don't know anything about NJ laws.

I load HP in my concealed carry, and use FMJ for the range. Nothing illegal about using them in a hand gun in ND, MT, SD, or WY. (the areas I travel, and carry concealed)
I don't either other than Jersey is strange in general.

The statute on this is confusing to read, but it doesn't help that I don't know anything about guns or ammo.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Huh. Never heard of that before. A well placed FMJ from a .45 will kill you just as dead as HP. Just not as messy. :art

Maybe my thinking is all backwards, but I would think that FMJ in a public setting would be more dangerous. It's a piercing round, and more likely to pass through it's target and strike another.
This is absolutely correct, and is one of the biggest fallacies when it comes to gun haters. They see the words hollow point as scary, when it is actually safer when it comes to how many people one round can hurt or kill because it stops on impact.

data

Forbes #1
Trent Williams, Redskins Pro-Bowler OL, suspended for 4 games, including our rematch.

Good for us.

Cotton

Staff member
Trent Williams, Redskins Pro-Bowler OL, suspended for 4 games, including our rematch.

Good for us.
Well, thank goodness you posted this a third time. The first 2 times I saw it, I didn't believe it. :unsure

Genghis Khan

Interesting trend in Philly recently.

Johnson gets his second suspension for PEDs. Agohlor is accused of sexual assault. Bradham is charged with punching a cabana boy. Bradham is charged with possession of firearms at an airport. Now Huff with marijuana and weapons charges.

All in the past 4 or so months.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting trend in Philly recently.

Johnson gets his second suspension for PEDs. Agohlor is accused of sexual assault. Bradham is charged with punching a cabana boy. Bradham is charged with possession of firearms at an airport. Now Huff with marijuana and weapons charges.

All in the past 4 or so months.
You know how parents don't want their kids hanging out with the wrong crowd because they may get caught up in the bad stuff as well? Sometimes you have to wonder if football players aren't sort of the same way. If you get enough thugs on your team, it sort of spreads to other players who aren't.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

You know how parents don't want their kids hanging out with the wrong crowed because they may get caught up in the bad stuff as well? Sometimes you have to wonder if football players aren't sort of the same way. If you get enough thugs on your team, it sort of spreads to other players who aren't.
That's an interesting point. After this year's draft, Roseman talked about how they drafted Smallwood and Mills (both had character flags from college) and that they were more willing to take on character risks because they were working with less picks due to the Wentz deal.

These things probably don't happen in a vacuum.

The other interesting thing is their owner doesn't like character issues associated with the team so I wonder if they start shaking some of these guys loose eventually.

Cotton

Staff member
Fantasy tip: Jamaal Charles out for the year. Better go get Spencer Ware.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Michael Huff has been released by the Eagles.

I think it had more to do with his comments than the arrest. If it had been for the arrest, then I don't think they let him conduct interviews in the locker room yesterday.

I think his comments afterward are what got him released.

Genghis Khan

I think it had more to do with his comments than the arrest. If it had been for the arrest, then I don't think they let him conduct interviews in the locker room yesterday.

I don't know that it was the comments; public sentiment in the area has been pretty strongly against him before he even said anything. And Pederson has been taking some heat for appearing software and passive.

Genghis Khan

It'll be interesting to see how the eagles respond this week. Players are supposedly pretty unhappy and taken aback by Huff's release. It's been a big distraction leading up to a big division game against the giants. Malcolm Jenkins said releasing Huff caused more distraction than the actual incident.

Meanwhile Pederson said yesterday that Huff was going to be on the team and playing this week. Now the front office and ownership has cut the coach's legs out from under him. It doesn't look good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see how the eagles respond this week. Players are supposedly pretty unhappy and taken aback by Huff's release. It's been a big distraction leading up to a big division game against the giants. Malcolm Jenkins said releasing Huff caused more distraction than the actual incident.

Meanwhile Pederson said yesterday that Huff was going to be on the team and playing this week. Now the front office and ownership has cut the coach's legs out from under him. It doesn't look good.
Blame little Howie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

No, Michael Huff was the Longhorn safety that Hostile swore Dallas was going to sign but never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom