2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
Because the first 2 players taken could possibly be the 2 best players in the draft. We have to wait a year for him...McClain gets us through this season. Nicely done.
Right. We didn't luck out. So why the astonishment?

dallen

Senior Tech
Because the first 2 players taken could possibly be the 2 best players in the draft. We have to wait a year for him...McClain gets us through this season. Nicely done.
If he recovers. I guess we trust our doctors.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
F draft positioning. I'm just begging for good players in every round and if/when Smith is healthy, he's a home run.

Home Fucking Run
The "if" is, there is not a guarantee. The foot drop thing is not that common.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Too high of a risk at 34th overall. It's that god damn simple.
Considering that the team doctor did the surgery, no team had better insight. You have to think beyond next year.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
What next, trade up towards the end of the 2nd for Dak? I mean holy fuck that's irritating with all that was there.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
By the way I had an injured nerve at my brainstem after a nerve decompression surgery. My left eye drooped for about 4 months. It gradually healed and now is fine. If the team doctor did it, he is hanging his rep with the team on it getting better. I bet this is going to work out for us. Just hope the year off doesn't hurt him much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Redshirt doesn't worry me. If he is heathy and they trust their doctor, A+
I trust the health since our team basically did the surgery. And a year from now Jaylon will slide right into the WLBer spot flawlessly I'm sure. Which shouldn't be that big of a concern since most rookies second round and beyond aren't immediate impact players. I mean looks at Gregory last year or Lawrence the year before. Takes most a year to really make an impact anyway which will be the case for Jaylon.

It's just not very exciting because we won't see him for a long time. I wish there was at least hope he could go on pup and come back mid season.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So, we desperately need DL help. There is a TON of DL talent available at our pick. We take a LB that has promise but won't even play for at least a year. How does this make sense to anybody with a fucking brain?
Short term, Romo and Elliott do more for the defense than any player taken here. Long term, Smith is a superior talent.

Clearly they felt he was better than Jack and that another team would have taken him at some point soon.

data

Forbes #1
Dane Brugler said on one side of the negative spectrum, a team's doctor said 20% chance Jalen Smith plays again.

I'd like to hear our doctor's opinion.

FYI tidbit

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Dallas doc did Jaylon Smith surgery?

I didn't know that. "Intimate knowledge of his knee"???

Really?

I wouldn't put it past Dallas to have gently nudged their doctor to exaggerate his condition.

Dallas is sneaky like that.

Watch that nerve suddenly "wake up" come August

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dallas doc did Jaylon Smith surgery?

I didn't know that. "Intimate knowledge of his knee"???

Really?

I wouldn't put it past Dallas to have gently nudged their doctor to exaggerate his condition.

Dallas is sneaky like that.

Watch that nerve suddenly "wake up" come August
ROFL The The doctor has been nothing but positive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like I'm in the usual position in the second round of now hoping and praying guys continue to fall and then slowly seeing them get picked away.

Dallas must feel better about our DE situation then any of us do. Which if both guys weren't suspended I would feel good about too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom