2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Uh, I did see it was the Onion. Maybe you can't read. What I said was, despite being satire, the Democrats do think they need more Lena Dunham.

Which is hilarious.
Oh, well in that case you have a very different conversation. Because I don't think that post autopsy democrats believe that.

I'm pretty sure the DNC backlash has been mostly against liberal elites. Pelosi is facing a lot of anger and a likely challenge to her seat as minority leader.

2018 will be telling, since it's typically a presidential referendum election, and even among the republicans Trump is not well liked. If republicans post big wins again in 2018 I think it will show that this country is moving right.

But I'd be real surprised with the electorate if they ended up approving of Trump's progress over the next two years. He has more enemies in the Republican Party than Hillary, andis going to be leaning on Obama to learn how to do his job. If they voted for change, they probably won't see it.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Keith Ellison emerging as front runner for DNC chair, speaks to a pretty big change.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh, well in that case you have a very different conversation. Because I don't think that post autopsy democrats believe that.

I'm pretty sure the DNC backlash has been mostly against liberal elites. Pelosi is facing a lot of anger and a likely challenge to her seat as minority leader.

2018 will be telling, since it's typically a presidential referendum election, and even among the republicans Trump is not well liked. If republicans post big wins again in 2018 I think it will show that this country is moving right.

But I'd be real surprised with the electorate if they ended up approving of Trump's progress over the next two years. He has more enemies in the Republican Party than Hillary, andis going to be leaning on Obama to learn how to do his job. If they voted for change, they probably won't see it.
You either underestimate or don't see that Trump and Congress will use each other to put their agendas together. They will need to be strange bedfellows if nothing else. Both see this as a rare opportunity to boost their agendas via a back scratching system. Even if Trump digs in his heels about somethings his current Chief of Staff will pave the way for a compromise.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The crazy thing is that they do think more Lena Dunham is what they need.

Please behave Trump. You are a couple smart moves away from a 2018 Republican supermajority.

Republicans control all but like 13 state legislatures. We are like 8 US Senate seats away from legitimately being able to put Constitutional Amendments on the table. :lol
Wait what?

So I guess it's all in with the R now.

After railing for years in here about conservatism over republicans now you are all on board with this iteration of republicans?

How does this fit with fiscal conservatism, Trump is looking to undertake massive spending if he gets his way.

Have you been a fraud all this time?

townsend

Banned
You either underestimate or don't see that Trump and Congress will use each other to put their agendas together. They will need to be strange bedfellows if nothing else. Both see this as a rare opportunity to boost their agendas via a back scratching system. Even if Trump digs in his heels about somethings his current Chief of Staff will pave the way for a compromise.
First of all, I'm not sure there's much Lindsay Graham, Rand Paul, and Donald Trump can find common ground on.
People forget that the Republicans are more divided than the democrats, and they don't have a common enemy to unite against anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
First of all, I'm not sure there's much Lindsay Graham, Rand Paul, and Donald Trump can find common ground on.
People forget that the Republicans are more divided than the democrats, and they don't have a common enemy to unite against anymore.
Maybe you missed the strange bed fellows comment. Folks will find ways to agree when they both have stakes in the game. They all will have something they want and the majority vehicle will be conducive to everyone getting stroked.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wait what?

So I guess it's all in with the R now.

After railing for years in here about conservatism over republicans now you are all on board with this iteration of republicans?

How does this fit with fiscal conservatism, Trump is looking to undertake massive spending if he gets his way.

Have you been a fraud all this time?
Despite all my votes for them, there are no libertarians in Congress.

A Republican supermajority is my best hope however slight it may be.

Trump is a dope. He'll sign what comes across his desk.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Dope? Rash but not a dummy.

townsend

Banned

Were the Bush years that good for you? Because that's what an idiot that does whatever Republicans say gets you. I didn't know libertarians were such fans of the war in Iraq.

townsend

Banned
Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Sour grapes taste like crap don't they?
How'd the economic crash in 08 taste to you? Two meaningless wars at the expense of 4 trillion dollars? 8000 military deaths, were those just delicious to you? We all lost last week, it's just half of us were too dumb to realize it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How'd the economic crash in 08 taste to you? Two meaningless wars at the expense of 4 trillion dollars? 8000 military deaths, were those just delicious to you? We all lost last week, it's just half of us were too dumb to realize it.
Your insults just compound your immaturity. You can't seem to grasp that there areother views besides your own. Liberal thought process are very forgiving an tolerant until someone disageees with them.

townsend

Banned
Your insults just compound your immaturity. You can't seem to grasp that there areother views besides your own. Liberal thought process are very forgiving an tolerant until someone disageees with them.
I'm not tolerant at all, and don't claim to be. I'm intolerant of the delusional and ignorant that hurt the prospects of an entire country. Which perfectly describes Trump's voting base.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Were the Bush years that good for you? Because that's what an idiot that does whatever Republicans say gets you. I didn't know libertarians were such fans of the war in Iraq.
:lol

You obviously don't know me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom