Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It would be awesome if he finished his presser with this.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
This guy has always been a class act. Too bad he was saddled with such a shitty team and coaching for most of his career.
Yep.

Cotton

Staff member
Damn that had to be a tough thing to do. Sucks for Tony but he had his time. He started for a decade with no significant challenger to his job. They had a few seasons where they had a shot at going all the way but it just didn't work out. Maybe he'll still get a shot this year but unfortunately that would have to be a result of a Dak injury, which certainly could happen, or a Dak implosion, which looks unlikely.
I know it's of little consequence to Tony, but say we do the unbelievable and win the SB this year, he will still get a ring. Might be even tougher to take being as he wasn't the starter, but he would still get the ring.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That was one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

With that said, I still have something gnawing at me in the back of my mind that we will see Romo if Prescott does struggle for 2-3 games in a row, or even if he struggles mightily in a playoff game, say multiple turnovers by halftime in a game that is within 10 or so points.

Maybe it's just because I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the very real probability that Romo has taken his last snap as a Cowboy, but there's something in the back of my mind telling me that it's not over just yet.

But if it is, let's saddle up the Broncos or Jets for a first or second round pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feel pretty confident he will be needed, someway, somehow.

I will say this, Jerry Jones is right, he does appear to have a future in coaching.

Cotton

Staff member
I know we have had ourselves a pretty heated debate about Tony/Dak, but that presser saddened me quite a bit. I have always been a huge Romo supporter. Matter of fact, the only Cowboys jersey I own is a #9. Sucks that his era may have to end this way, but as it stands, I just can't imagine how the team has a choice.

Cotton

Staff member
Feel pretty confident he will be needed, someway, somehow.

I will say this, Jerry Jones is right, he does appear to have a future in coaching.
I hope he's not needed. That would mean Dak has gone south. And, as much as I love Tony, I love the team more. And, Dak is our future. I'd just as soon he keep on killing it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What's the absolute minimum you take for him in a trade next season?

I say a 1st and 5th - 7th round pick.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What's the absolute minimum you take for him in a trade next season?

I say a 1st and 5th - 7th round pick.
Depends on a lot, Romo has some leverage in all of this, especially after that presser.

It will depend largely on what team Romo wants to play for and them wanting to play ball, you know Jerry is going to feel pressure to make this as painless as possible.

At this point I would be happy with anything over a conditional 2nd.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We'll be lucky to get one third for Romo. Everyone knows we'll cut him if they wait long enough.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo is a true class act and I love what he has done for us. Even though we might not need Romo right now as a starter I hope he understands he still can play a big role on this team. He can help Dak in every way possible to be ready for games and to help him make adjustments during those games.

Watching this interview just reminded me how much respect I have for Romo as a player, competitor and a human being. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

Top Bottom