Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We're not getting Goff, the Browns will take him (or the Rams will, and the Browns will take Wentz), or they'll trade the pick to someone who will.

Then the Chargers take Tunsil and we get fucking stuck with Jalen Ramsey.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We will be lucky if he is strictly a CB. He's like so uber athletic, he can like, do evrathang. Yet nobody can figure out if he is better on the perimeter or in the middle of the field.

Doesn't matter, Marinelli will figure it out and stuff. His system is so flexible.
Still maintain he's a poor mans Byron Jones

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still maintain he's a poor mans Byron Jones
He is basically the same guy but he went to FSU and did basically the same shit but has the hype support.

About the only edge he has on Jones is that he is more physical.

I can't believe so many people buy he is the best player in this draft.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He is basically the same guy but he went to FSU and did basically the same shit but has the hype support.

Yea I don't get it either.

data

Forbes #1
When it comes to Ramsey, think Mike Jenkins................but better.

~Oriental eyes wide open~

data

Forbes #1
When it gets to pick #4, I see Wentz, Goff, Tunsil gone...leaving us with a tier of same-grade prospects (Ramsey, Jack, Buckner, Bosa, Stanley, Treadwell, Elliott). So our #4 might as well be #11, whereas other drafts the Top 5 prospects were in a clear tier higher than the next group of prospects.

If we were to trade, does this lend to us trading down to stay before pick #11 or a steeper drop beyond #11, or no influence?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Just draft Buckner or Elliott and move on. Either would make a serious impact for years.

Ramsey scares the shit out of me. Memories of Dave Campo talking about not wanting to miss out on the "next Ronnie Lott" <shudder>.

data

Forbes #1
If I'm the Browns, trade with the Cowboys and, with Cowboys fans around the world hoping for a Browns' 0-16 record, ride the karma to a 10-6 record.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I can't fucking believe we're gonna end up with another god damn fucking piece of shit can't force a turnover to save his fucking life corner back.
I can. I've imagined for awhile he would be our pick if available. I just had hopes he'd go to SD or even TN. With a QB going 1 and probably 2, that means Tunsil can fall to SD leaving us Ramsey. fml

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
When it gets to pick #4, I see Wentz, Goff, Tunsil gone...leaving us with a tier of same-grade prospects (Ramsey, Jack, Buckner, Bosa, Stanley, Treadwell, Elliott). So our #4 might as well be #11, whereas other drafts the Top 5 prospects were in a clear tier higher than the next group of prospects.

If we were to trade, does this lend to us trading down to stay before pick #11 or a steeper drop beyond #11, or no influence?
It always seems to be the case that the previous tier ends right above us. If we're 4th the first tier ends at 3. If we're 18th the 2nd tier ends at 16 or 17.

Carl

RIP Brother
Most of these GM/ front office types are fraudulent mf'ers. Les Snead looks like the cat who got the cream. If they are all so clever, how come there may be only 2 consistently functional front offices; the Pats and to a lesser extent the Ravens The rest make stuff up as they go along.

Carl

RIP Brother
I see Jerry is making a road trip to Berkeley to watch Goff. Hopefully he is driving there and back. Keep him out of the office for as long as possible.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Most of these GM/ front office types are fraudulent mf'ers. Les Snead looks like the cat who got the cream. If they are all so clever, how come there may be only 2 consistently functional front offices; the Pats and to a lesser extent the Ravens The rest make stuff up as they go along.
Yes, yes they are.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is no way he is a poor man's Byron Jones, that's just ridiculous.

What does Jones do that is better than him?
Long Jump.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Agreed.

I know stats aren't the end all be all, especially in college football, but I still would like to see some big numbers from a DB who's considered a top 5 player because that tells me the guy is a play maker.

If I'm burning a top 5 draft pick on a DB it's because I think the guy has big play potential and has demonstrated that he can make impact plays regularly.

Ramsey hasn't done that.

I have a feeling we're going to draft this guy and to no surprise he'll end up only generating 2 or 3 INTs per year. That's not necessarily a bad thing because obviously despite the low INT numbers he could still provide solid pass coverage. That said, if you're using the #4 overall pick on a player, you want a little more bang for your buck. You don't want to settle for "solid" play. With a pick that high you want an impact player.

Nothing Ramsey has ever done suggests that he's that type of player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed.

I know stats aren't the end all be all, especially in college football, but I still would like to see some big numbers from a DB who's considered a top 5 player because that tells me the guy is a play maker.

If I'm burning a top 5 draft pick on a DB it's because I think the guy has big play potential and has demonstrated that he can make impact plays regularly.

Ramsey hasn't done that.

I have a feeling we're going to draft this guy and to no surprise he'll end up only generating 2 or 3 INTs per year. That's not necessarily a bad thing because obviously despite the low INT numbers he could still provide solid pass coverage. That said, if you're using the #4 overall pick on a player, you want a little more bang for your buck. You don't want to settle for "solid" play. With a pick that high you want an impact player.
Basically Terrance Newman 2.0. Able to stick with most receivers but can't make a play on the ball once it's in the air to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom