Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
:zzz

I am getting less and less impressed with McClay's choices of guys to put through the motions.

I know some people credit him with Laurent Robinson, but that was as much Garrett and his relationship with Norv as anything else.
He won't hit on them all. He's done well enough overall to merit some accolades.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh snap

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Collins crushed it last night, but saying he's better than Leary based on his performance vs backups isn't right either. What he should be asking is whether Collins should be pushing Doug Free and replacing Weems altogether at swing tackle.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Even if Collins isn't better right now, by season's end he will be. No sense delaying the inevitable. It's close enough at this point to use future considerations as the deciding factor.

p1_

DCC 4Life
there we have it. Definitive.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Collins isn't better already. That's pretty absurd after a couple of quarters against NFL backups and never-wills. Just because he has more talent doesn't mean he'd function as well against NFL starting defenses scheming to take advantage of him.

Sturm is overrated anyway. Yes, he takes the time to watch the all-22s and all that, but it's not like his opinions are unassailable. He's more like the one-eyed king in the land of the blind DFW media.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not unassailable, but unless he also has an "agenda" against Leary, it's a lot less likely that two people both made something up.

Clearly you could realistically have an issue with how he played.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Clearly you could realistically have an issue with how he played.
I don't know what this means, but I don't have any issue at all with how Collins played. But that doesn't mean that he's already better than Leary.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know what this means, but I don't have any issue at all with how Collins played. But that doesn't mean that he's already better than Leary.
I originally said Leary did not play great in the game, which is not surprising because he has a tendency to be inconsistent. Some posters think this is making shit up due to an agenda, which seems a little far fetched now given that others saw it too.

Leary is more on par with Free than Martin in terms of ability. Don't know why that is so offensive to some.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Leary is more on par with Free than Martin in terms of ability. Don't know why that is so offensive to some.
Does anyone find that objectionable, much less offensive? I'm new to you guys' battles on this, but all I'm saying is that Collins isn't better yet, because Leary is pretty good himself. That doesn't mean Leary is Larry Allen.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Does anyone find that objectionable, much less offensive? I'm new to you guys' battles on this, but all I'm saying is that Collins isn't better yet, because Leary is pretty good himself. That doesn't mean Leary is Larry Allen.
Well when I said it someone accused me of having an agenda and making shit up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Collins isn't better already. That's pretty absurd after a couple of quarters against NFL backups and never-wills. Just because he has more talent doesn't mean he'd function as well against NFL starting defenses scheming to take advantage of him.

Sturm is overrated anyway. Yes, he takes the time to watch the all-22s and all that, but it's not like his opinions are unassailable. He's more like the one-eyed king in the land of the blind DFW media.
Oh Snap.

I agree, I love his stuff but he can have his pet cats and will harp on the obvious negatives.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh Snap.

I agree, I love his stuff but he can have his pet cats and will harp on the obvious negatives.
My point in citing Sturm is that even if he's wrong on this, he's not an idiot and he knows what he's watching.

He and I happened to see Leary's performance the same way.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My point in citing Sturm is that even if he's wrong on this, he's not an idiot and he knows what he's watching.

He and I happened to see Leary's performance the same way.
And media guys tend to get smarter or dumber depending on how much their takes agree with the observer.

I like Sturm. I like him a lot. He at least tries to get deep into things.

But like others, you cannot regard what he says as the end all be all. I trust my own eyes.

I didn't see a big issue with Leary that made me think he needs to sit in favor of Collins at this point. Collins impressed me a lot and I think he has a future, but Leary is doing what we have been told he would do, he's fighting for his job and looks okay.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cowboys coach predicts ‘you’re going to see some hellified running’ now that all 3 backs are healthy

David Moore Follow @DavidMooreDMN Email dmoore@dallasnews.com
Published: August 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar will all take part in this afternoon’s practice for the first time since training camp began.

What does running backs coach Gary Brown expect?

“Competition makes everyone great,’’ he said. “Now that there is some competition out here, you’re going to see some hellified running.’’

McFadden hasn’t practiced with the team since their June mini-camp. Dunbar last went through a practice on Aug. 4.

Randle was limited in two practices this week with a strained oblique, but has easily been the most durable of the bunch and has had a strong camp.

Still, Brown expects him to take it up a notch.

“Absolutely,’’ Brown said “You have to.

“I think we were all frustrated and wanted to be out here at full strength (from the start), but they’re here now, we’re happy to have them and we’re just going to keep moving forward.’’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom