Cowboys sign Michael Sam to practice squad

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think this is Jerry wanting to sustain the team's relevance for another 10 years. Lmao..

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It just took a little shock value to get this thread in a pause and think mode. It was about to go out of control.
And, there is nothing wrong with that. What is out of control is you going for an all in joke in the middle of a bunch of gay jokes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think this is Jerry wanting to sustain the team's relevance for another 10 years. Lmao..
If so, he's doing it ass backwards.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And, there is nothing wrong with that. What is out of control is you going for an all in joke in the middle of a bunch of gay jokes.
Got you attention didn't it?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's definitely part of it, but at least this time it's for a player that makes sense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Must be shift change. Everyone is gone. :lol:lol

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Oddly enough Jerry and his media whoring over the years has created an atmosphere unique among all 32 teams that can probably handle Sam's baggage without much more disruption than the normal drama that surrounds the team every year.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That's definitely part of it, but at least this time it's for a player that makes sense.
Reports are that Sam wasn't even on their draft board at all. No idea if that's true, but that's what people are saying. Listening to Broaddus since before the draft I'd say that may very well be the case.

If that's true I think it's more about generating buzz than anything else. Jerry probably sees it as one more way to make history...be the first team to have an openly gay player. Sure, the Rams drafted him but he won't be playing in any regular season games for them. My guess is that if he's signed he will eventually get onto the 53 and play for the Cowboys.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh. Not too concerned about it yet. If he's on the practice squad it is not a real big media distraction. There are only so many open practices.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oddly enough Jerry and his media whoring over the years has created an atmosphere unique among all 32 teams that can probably handle Sam's baggage without much more disruption than the normal drama that surrounds the team every year.
You are probably right. There is always a circus going on with the organization real or imagined.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Bring him on.

I long to hear, "Smack my bitch up!" on the loud speakers after a Sam sack.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Reports are that Sam wasn't even on their draft board at all. No idea if that's true, but that's what people are saying. Listening to Broaddus since before the draft I'd say that may very well be the case.

If that's true I think it's more about generating buzz than anything else. Jerry probably sees it as one more way to make history...be the first team to have an openly gay player. Sure, the Rams drafted him but he won't be playing in any regular season games for them. My guess is that if he's signed he will eventually get onto the 53 and play for the Cowboys.
He really showed up in the preseason though...he might not have been on the board, but he certainly played well enough to be on the PS...and with our DL...the 53.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Regardless of him being gay or not...and I childishly have been having fun with it...I think it is a smart signing.

Top Bottom