Teacher suspended over test questions

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I still hear that used occasionally
That has always been on older generation saying. To my knowledge young people of any generation never used it. It might equate to crazy but cool.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Never heard that until I moved to Texas. Of course I could probably write a pretty lengthy essay titled "Never Heard That Until I Moved to Texas".
Like people calling Dr. Pepper a coke? Or chicken fried steak? Or Fittin' ta? Or hitch in yer giddy up?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Like people calling Dr. Pepper a coke? Or chicken fried steak? Or Fittin' ta? Or hitch in yer giddy up?
I did know about chicken fried steak but the others, yeah. Another phrase I had never heard is "Six to one, half a dozen to another". Seems like I heard that constantly when I lived in Houston.

Cotton

Staff member
I did know about chicken fried steak but the others, yeah. Another phrase I had never heard is "Six to one, half a dozen to another". Seems like I heard that constantly when I lived in Houston.
Six on one hand, half dozen on the other.... but, yeah. Had you heard "over yonder"? Or "Might shoulda?'

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Six on one hand, half dozen on the other.... but, yeah. Had you heard "over yonder"? Or "Might shoulda?'
There are a few variations of that 'six/half dozen' phrase I have heard, including the one you mentioned.

Over yonder I had definitely heard. I think we were talking about regional dialect in the Test Thread at one point and I mentioned that growing up I had great-grandparents who were originally from SW Kentucky and over yonder was very much a part of their vernacular. They also said you'ns instead of y'all.

Mighta shoulda is definitely one I didn't hear until I moved down here.

Cotton

Staff member
There are a few variations of that 'six/half dozen' phrase I have heard, including the one you mentioned.

Over yonder I had definitely heard. I think we were talking about regional dialect in the Test Thread at one point and I mentioned that growing up I had great-grandparents who were originally from SW Kentucky and over yonder was very much a part of their vernacular. They also said you'ns instead of y'all.

Mighta shoulda is definitely one I didn't hear until I moved down here.
The might shoulda one drives me up a wall. Fucking embarrassing ass rednecks.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You all can go straight to hell. You all give me a *raft of shit when I never heard of that.

*PA Colloquialism

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How about , I'm a fixin to commence to begin.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You all can go straight to hell. You all give me a *raft of shit when I never heard of that.

*PA Colloquialism
That is still one of my favorite moment on any DCC version. Just hilarious.

Cotton

Staff member
That is still one of my favorite moment on any DCC version. Just hilarious.
Yes it was. It should be in the glossary if it's not already, [MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION].

Newt

DCC 4Life
Leroy has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an eight ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold?"
This is tricky, Leroy is kinda being a douche here, he is inconsistent in his pricing, he is basically selling to Antonio for $5 more per gram than he is selling to Juan. If you take the average, the street value would be $4,488.75 but his business ethics are shady to say the least.

Cotton

Staff member
This is tricky, Leroy is kinda being a douche here, he is inconsistent in his pricing, he is basically selling to Antonio for $5 more per gram than he is selling to Juan. If you take the average, the street value would be $4,488.75 but his business ethics are shady to say the least.
:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

You are basing the street value on an average. But what if he is able to get Antonio pricing for the rest of the stash? Or maybe he wants to reduce the risk by selling the stash all at once for a discounted rate?

Newt

DCC 4Life
You are basing the street value on an average. But what if he is able to get Antonio pricing for the rest of the stash? Or maybe he wants to reduce the risk by selling the stash all at once for a discounted rate?
But if that's the case you would think the 8 ball would have went for less than $85 per gram, when in fact he sold the 8 ball for $5 more per gram than he sold Individual grams to Juan. That's the opposite of a bulk discount seeing as how an eight ball is 1/8 of an ounce which equates to 3.34 grams. Basic street knowledge dictates that the selling price for an 8 ball be $265.00, this allows for smaller distributors to mark up accordingly and also make a profit. I would not buy my cocaine from Leroy, and I would slander him in the streets by saying he cuts his product with baking soda....

Top Bottom