Fisher: 'Jerry Draft Plans' Memes Feed Foolish Cowboys Myths

data

Forbes #1
You kidding me? Drafting a QB at #4 would make the Cowboys more relevant than any other team in the NFL. The "best" thing jerruh could do for those 91k fans' interest.

Qb controversy anytime Romo slips up would be a media feeding frenzy.

junk

Not So New Member
The reason Ware was gone was because he didn't play well and was getting grossly over paid for his production. The guy had 6 sacks for us in 2013. Do you think that was worth like 13 + mil?
That certainly played into it, but at the time it was also one of the few moves they had to get cap healthy

Their cap is in good shape now but they were very cap constrained for a couple of years there. Not cap "hell" where you cut everyone just to be compliant, but constrained to the point that you have to restructure everyone to be compliant and aren't really a player in FA at all

dallen

Senior Tech
He had to be talked down off a ledge to avoid a marketing bonanza.

That is where yeah, it depends. Jones loves money, he loves relevance. It is not accurate to paint him as some detached rational creature.
And I think he knows his golden bull is about to be put out to pasture. I think he's at least smart enough to know QBs keep you relevant in the NFL. Plus, what's more exciting than a good old fashioned QB controversy to get his face on ESPN?

dallen

Senior Tech
You kidding me? Drafting a QB at #4 would make the Cowboys more relevant than any other team in the NFL. The "best" thing jerruh could do for those 91k fans' interest.

Qb controversy anytime Romo slips up would be a media feeding frenzy.
Exactly, Spags

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
No offense but either a backup QB is a marketing goldmine or they aren't. Guys like Wentz and Goff would be just as much of a marketing goldmine.

But it's ridiculous to think Jerry wanted him just because he could market him. Believe it or not our scouts had Manziel highly ranked on our board. Which is why Jerry wanted him. Speaking of Jerry wanting a QB, you guys have all seen the video of Jerry doing the creepy wink at Wentz right?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11242188/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-leads-league-jersey-sales

The NFL announced on Monday that more Johnny Manziel No. 2 Cleveland Browns jerseys were sold on NFLShop.com during the first quarter of the league's fiscal year than any other player's jersey.

This was with the Browns, how do you think those numbers would look with the Cowboys?

I'm pretty sure you won't see Wentz or Goff hit those numbers as rookies.

The JFF hype machine was off the charts and not every backup QB will be the same marketing goldmine, that is just plain lazy on your part.

Real Madrid didn't win shit with Beckham, but they were printing money thanks to the sales of his shirt.

Manziel topped Super Bowl-winning Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (No. 2), San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick (No. 3) and Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (No. 4).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11242188/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-leads-league-jersey-sales

The NFL announced on Monday that more Johnny Manziel No. 2 Cleveland Browns jerseys were sold on NFLShop.com during the first quarter of the league's fiscal year than any other player's jersey.

This was with the Browns, how do you think those numbers would look with the Cowboys?

The JFF hype machine was off the charts and not every backup QB will be the same marketing goldmine, that is just plain lazy on your part.

Real Madrid didn't win shit with Beckham, but they were printing money thanks to the sales of his shirt.

Manziel topped Super Bowl-winning Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (No. 2), San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick (No. 3) and Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (No. 4).
Bet that wouldn't be the case now. The Manziel hype machine is dead now after the latest incidents. I know a lot of cowboys fans and people in general and all have washed their hands of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:wtf

You do know there is a difference between the QB situation in Dallas and the QB situation in Cleveland. Like, their fans actually thought and wanted Manziel to be the starter. So yeah it's a big difference then Dallas. In Dallas he would have been a backup to Romo. The hype for Manziel had to do with the fact that he was a unique and what some thought was a special talent. Also Cleveland fans are bat shit crazy hard core fans.

And again don't give a shit. I don't believe for a second Jerry wanted Manziel as his backup QB to sell jersey's. Jerry has no problem selling jerseys in the first place. It's ridiculous to think he throws away draft picks's strictly to sell jersey's for a season or two. Think of Jerry what you want as a talent evaluator but he isn't dumb enough to think he can put a shit product on the field year after year and make a shit ton of money based on hype factor. But everyone is so eager to prove their hatred for Jerry that they blow things out of proportion.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bet that wouldn't be the case now. The Manziel hype machine is dead now after the latest incidents. I know a lot of cowboys fans and people in general and all have washed their hands of him.
Correct, which lends itself to my point that Jerry had different motivators then versus now.

Top Bottom