Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at 49ers | Week 4 | 10-02-2016

Jiggyfly

Banned
It was sickening seeing Garret with his chest all puffed up walking on the field after the game.

Seriously fuck that guy.:flip

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It was kind of cool seeing Beastly drawing double coverage.

I guess the niners didn't get the message that he's not a receiver.

shane

DCC 4Life
It was kind of cool seeing Beastly drawing double coverage.

I guess the niners didn't get the message that he's not a receiver.
What a nice diamond in the rough he turned out to be. Let's hope he can last for several more years with his body frame.

kidd

DCC 4Life
So are there still people here who want Butler to replace T-Will?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Dak just looks so much more decisive than Romo I don't know if he is willing to trust more guys or is not waiting for the big play but this offense just runs so smooth and crisp.

I also wonder if Linehan has more sway over what is called without Romo playing as coach during game planning for the week.

As much complaining as people do about the depth of this what they have without Smith, Collins, Scandrick Lawrence Romo and today Dez is amazing.

I wonder what Faux outrage some will have this week to take away from a good win.
I still wish we'd take a few more shots down the field but can't complain too much.

It was super impressive to see us go down 0-14 and Dak just shrug it off like nothing with that "I got this" swagger.

Loved getting to watch it in person.

On a side note the stadium was about 45% Cowboys fans and holy shit was it loud with people cheering for the Boys. It's a shame we can't get this type of noise at our stadium.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I still wish we'd take a few more shots down the field but can't complain too much.

It was super impressive to see us go down 0-14 and Dak just shrug it off like nothing with that "I got this" swagger.

Loved getting to watch it in person.

On a side note the stadium was about 45% Cowboys fans and holy shit was it loud with people cheering for the Boys. It's a shame we can't get this type of noise at our stadium.
Yeah, I was there too and it seemed like there were more Cowboys fans than 49ers fans. Lots of chants of "Let's go Cowboys" throughout the game.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yeah, I was there too and it seemed like there were more Cowboys fans than 49ers fans. Lots of chants of "Let's go Cowboys" throughout the game.
What section were you in? I was up on 404 and it was loud. Had to love the Niners suck chants going on also.

hstour

Brand New Member
I am going to ask a crazy question.
Romo retires would you hire him for QB coach?
My personal plan for Romo would be for him to come back this year and take his shot.
Then slip into the backup position next year to continue to mentor Dak and provide Dallas with the best backup QB in the league.
Retire after 2017 when it costs nothing (Dallas actually gets 9.5M in cap space back) and move into the coaching staff.

hstour

Brand New Member
I noticed the 49ers OT did the same thing a couple times. The refs were very consistent with how they called the game. Again, I can't stand when officials throw flags every other play. So I'm really glad that they called this game the way they did. Let the players decide who wins and not the officials.
I've actually seen it a lot this year across the league. Curious if there was something in the offseason ref meetings the was one of the famous "points of emphasis." Maybe they were told to not call it if they didn't also see the snap of the ball and are 100% sure the movement was first? Just a guess.

I just know I've seen it on a number of games.

hstour

Brand New Member
Claiborne's gonna be an interesting off-season issue.
I wouldn't wait till the offseason. Carr's contract ends after this season also. You can't go into next year having to resign them both or replacing them both.

Do it now when you have some negotiating power (injury history) to keep the price down.

Andy Reid is an idiot! Seriously you take a timeout with 8 seconds left when you had over 1:30 left and could have taken them. Should have just let the clock run out.

hstour

Brand New Member
I'd be surprised if a pass rusher worth spending the money on hit free agency.
Only two I can remember over the last few years that have been worth the money spent is Julius Peppers, Olivier Vernon & Ware (but only a degree on Ware, he played only 11 regular season games last year, it was more how he freed up Von Miller). It RARELY works out.

hstour

Brand New Member
So are there still people here who want Butler to replace T-Will?
Yes, give me a big fast receiver who catches with his hands and has tremendous upside vs a body catcher who had a good game.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Does anyone happen to have the clip of Dez chewing out Butler after dropping the TD?

Top Bottom