NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is complete bullshit Melo is not redundent because Houston currently has one guy who can create his own shot and that's Harden.

Parson relies on the offense and pace to get points, he does nothing to relieve the pressure on Harden, which is what Melo would do as well as give us 2 legitimate late game threats and another playmaker.

I would be worried about the defense but adding Melo makes nothing redundant on this team there is nobody like him on the roster.
Melo and Harden are the same player, guys who basically do nothing but score on high volume, usually out of isolation sets, and play shit defense. And I wasn't just directly comparing Harden/Parsons to Melo, it's more the overall team concept and how the Rockets play, they already have enough offense, their problem is they will never win it all because they play no defense and are undisciplined, which Melo will feed right into.

The Bulls on the other hand are the exact opposite, all defense and structure with no offense, Melo fills a huge void there whereas in Houston he just brings more of the same. The same being isolation scoring and no defense.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Melo and Harden are the same player, guys who basically do nothing but score on high volume, usually out of isolation sets, and play shit defense. And I wasn't just directly comparing Harden/Parsons to Melo, it's more the overall team concept and how the Rockets play, they already have enough offense, their problem is they will never win it all because they play no defense and are undisciplined, which Melo will feed right into.

The Bulls on the other hand are the exact opposite, all defense and structure with no offense, Melo fills a huge void there whereas in Houston he just brings more of the same. The same being isolation scoring and no defense.
Melo and Harden are not the same player and Houston runs very little isolations sets.

Both are liabilities on defense but let's not exaggerate with both playing no defense, Harden is 24 so he can improve defensively and by adding Melo it takes the offensive load of him so he has more energy for the defensive end.

Houston has to get better as a team defensively and they are talking about adding Hollins as an associate head coach if he does not get a job.

Who are all these players on Houston that score from isolation that Melo would be bringing more of the same?

Oh yeah lets just also ignore the fact that Melo has to take a leap of faith that he will be getting Rose back at anything close to his peak,that's a huge factor in going to Chicago.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Melo and Harden are not the same player and Houston runs very little isolations sets.

Both are liabilities on defense but let's not exaggerate with both playing no defense, Harden is 24 so he can improve defensively and by adding Melo it takes the offensive load of him so he has more energy for the defensive end.

Houston has to get better as a team defensively and they are talking about adding Hollins as an associate head coach if he does not get a job.

Who are all these players on Houston that score from isolation that Melo would be bringing more of the same?

Oh yeah lets just also ignore the fact that Melo has to take a leap of faith that he will be getting Rose back at anything close to his peak,that's a huge factor in going to Chicago.
Whenever I watch Houston Harden basically just gets the ball behind the 3 point line, pounds a few dribbles and jacks a 3 or drives straight to the hoop, isolation. There is no real offensive structure in place aside from play as up-tempo as possible, spread the court, and jack 3's or drive hard to the hoop.

Harden is an isolation scorer, Howard doesn't do shit offensively except get rebounds/put backs with a few post ups mixed in here and there and the rest are basically just shooters. My point is that Harden is an isolation scorer who doesn't play defense, just like Melo, and that the rest of the team is generally all offense and no defense, not that they're all isolation scorers.

At any rate, Rose is a question mark obviously but there is also the fact that the path to the Finals would be far easier in the East as opposed to the West.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree that Melo and Harden are essentially the same player.... That is why I suggested to a friend that I would seriously entertain trading Harden if it brought in Melo aling with another piece or two that woukd help to solidify the team and make them more solid all around.

Sorry to go all Hos on you guys, but my buddy who is the team barber told me that certain guys on the team had issues with Harden during that Portland series because of his attitude.

It wouldn't surprise me if he got traded.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whenever I watch Houston Harden basically just gets the ball behind the 3 point line, pounds a few dribbles and jacks a 3 or drives straight to the hoop, isolation. There is no real offensive structure in place aside from play as up-tempo as possible, spread the court, and jack 3's or drive hard to the hoop.

Harden is an isolation scorer, Howard doesn't do shit offensively except get rebounds/put backs with a few post ups mixed in here and there and the rest are basically just shooters. My point is that Harden is an isolation scorer who doesn't play defense, just like Melo, and that the rest of the team is generally all offense and no defense, not that they're all isolation scorers.

At any rate, Rose is a question mark obviously but there is also the fact that the path to the Finals would be far easier in the East as opposed to the West.
Who knew you could score 25 points a game by standing at the 3 point line and either shoot or dribbling it a few times and also make 1st team all NBA, do you know how absurd you sound.:lol

And I guess you missed the Portland series if you think all Howard does it get putbacks.

Houston needs more playmakers and crunch time scorers to go further in the playoffs and Melo would add that.

Yes Houston has to get better defensively and learn how to close games out but the fact remains they are closer than Chicago and are younger and have assets to do more to get better.

Also if Harden and Melo are redundant the same could be said of Rose and Melo and unlike Rose Harden has shown he can play well with other offensive minded guys.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree that Melo and Harden are essentially the same player.... That is why I suggested to a friend that I would seriously entertain trading Harden if it brought in Melo aling with another piece or two that woukd help to solidify the team and make them more solid all around.

Sorry to go all Hos on you guys, but my buddy who is the team barber told me that certain guys on the team had issues with Harden during that Portland series because of his attitude.

It wouldn't surprise me if he got traded.
How are they essentially the same player?

Their games are nothing alike, Harden is more of a slasher and Melo is more of a jump shooter, are you also agreeing with Simp that all Harden does is jack 3's and or drive straight to the basket?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have a hard time seeing the Melo/Harden comparison...there games are not similar at all.

D

Deuce

I have a hard time seeing the Melo/Harden comparison...there games are not similar at all.
Their games are similar in that they are both volume shooters that play little to no defense. Other than that, not so much.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Whenever I get into an argument with this dense buffoon it gets twisted all around because he doesn't understand what I'm saying.

To boil it down for you: Harden's strength is isolation scoring, Melo's strength is isolation scoring, Harden's weakness is defense, Melo's weakness is defense. Houston's strength as a team is their offensive pace and scoring ability, their weakness is defense and the lack of overall structure/discipline, which also generally describes Melo's game.

Melo duplicates what Houston already does well, in Chicago he brings something the team is sorely lacking while the rest of the Bulls roster does well at what Melo lacks, it's that simple.

My point about Harden either shooting a 3 or taking it to the hoop was that he mostly operates from isolation like Melo, not that all he can do is shoot 3's or drive. I realize that he is also a good passer, although I think his overall stats are generally inflated due to the pace Houston plays at.

As for Rose, I realize there could be a clash there, but no more than what there would be with Harden and the difference is that the rest of Houston's roster outside of Beverly is offensive-minded first, second and third whereas the rest of the Bulls roster is all about defense and rebounding.

Once upon a time you also said that Howard couldn't fit with Rose because he would clog the lane, is that not a concern with Melo?

And in what world does Houston have more assets than the Bulls to improve with?

The Bulls have two 1st's this year, the best player in Europe in their back pocket and extra 1st's in the coming years, not to mention what is on the roster now. The Bulls could conceivably trade for Love and still have assets left over to make it worth the Knicks while to S+T Melo.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As an aside, I hope that Rondo rumor is true, the Bulls have the Kings 1st rounder, top 10 protected through the next 2 years I think and if they have Rondo along with Cousins they could definitely improve to the point of being outside of the top 10.

D

Deuce

As an aside, I hope that Rondo rumor is true, the Bulls have the Kings 1st rounder, top 10 protected through the next 2 years I think and if they have Rondo along with Cousins they could definitely improve to the point of being outside of the top 10.
I'm not sure what they would take from the Kings. No future 1st to give and #8 alone doesn't do it for me. If the purpose to match him with Cousins, that takes him off the table and they have nobody else.

Plus at #8, they probably take Stauskas. No thanks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not sure what they would take from the Kings. No future 1st to give and #8 alone doesn't do it for me. If the purpose to match him with Cousins, that takes him off the table and they have nobody else.

Plus at #8, they probably take Stauskas. No thanks.
If they're in love with Smart at 6 they might want to wipe the slate clean for him and get whatever they can for Rondo.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sixers are said to be trying even harder to get to #1...not sure what that means, but I am sure much like last year there is a contingency in place depending on how things play out. Basically, the Sixers had a deal in place with NO should Bennett, Noel, or Oladipo be there at 6...thank god Bennett went 1st overall.

D

Deuce

Sixers are said to be trying even harder to get to #1...not sure what that means, but I am sure much like last year there is a contingency in place depending on how things play out. Basically, the Sixers had a deal in place with NO should Bennett, Noel, or Oladipo be there at 6...thank god Bennett went 1st overall.
Chad Ford said this morning that the Cavs are said to be negotiating a trade down with all teams from 3-6 to determine the best deal while also being in position to get Embiid.

D

Deuce

Afflalo to the Nuggets for Fournier and the 56th.
Apparently we all overestimated the trade value of Afflalo. Fournier is a nice player but that's a crappy deal. Should keep them from taking a PG at 4 now and probably increases the likelyhood of them packaging to move up for Wiggins.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chad Ford said this morning that the Cavs are said to be negotiating a trade down with all teams from 3-6 to determine the best deal while also being in position to get Embiid.
3 would be the best place to go then...I am not convinced that the Magic would not take Embiid at 4. Thad/#3...some 2nd rounders...we get the 1st pick.

AMERICA!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Apparently we all overestimated the trade value of Afflalo. Fournier is a nice player but that's a crappy deal. Should keep them from taking a PG at 4 now and probably increases the likelyhood of them packaging to move up for Wiggins.
I think this makes them more likely to draft a PG...Fournier seems like a bench player and now with Afflalo gone it opens up SG for Oladipo.

Top Bottom