Jones: I’m going to do things in the weeks ahead to get the Dallas Cowboys more wins

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Nope. Not even as an expansion team.
The Campo years were pretty bad, but we weren't so far removed from the SB years and we didn't know that we would never go back in our lifetimes.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree with that, too. The effort they brought against the Eagles week 17 was excellent, and far above what they'd shown for about 6 or 8 weeks prior. Inexcusable.

I also think the team was more prepared for the last Eagles game than any other game under Garrett's tenure as HC. They actually looked like they'd studied their opponent on both sides of the ball. I was impressed.

But then I was left wondering where this shit has been all along.
Familiarity helps as does desperation and the focus a 1-game season offers.

But I think the Dallas defense happens to match up better against Philly than others. Philly is a speed team, and the Cowboys defense has a bunch of little guys and corners who prefer man coverage.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jerry Jones: I’m going to do things in the weeks ahead to get the Dallas Cowboys more wins

:lol

If it were that easy, Jerry, why didn't you do them for the last 17 years?
He will show you, Phil.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree with that, too. The effort they brought against the Eagles week 17 was excellent, and far above what they'd shown for about 6 or 8 weeks prior. Inexcusable.

I also think the team was more prepared for the last Eagles game than any other game under Garrett's tenure as HC. They actually looked like they'd studied their opponent on both sides of the ball. I was impressed.

But then I was left wondering where this shit has been all along.

What's strange is that two of the better defensive performances that we had on the year came against the Eagles.

Chip Kelly's O vs. Monte Kiffin's D.

That was supposed to be a match up that heavily favored Kelly since Kelly dominated the match ups in college.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jerry Jones: I’m going to do things in the weeks ahead to get the Dallas Cowboys more wins

:lol

If it were that easy, Jerry, why didn't you do them for the last 17 years?
And he says pretty much a variation of that same thing every single offseason.

Look kids. Big Ben. Parliament.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Familiarity helps as does desperation and the focus a 1-game season offers.

But I think the Dallas defense happens to match up better against Philly than others. Philly is a speed team, and the Cowboys defense has a bunch of little guys and corners who prefer man coverage.
That may be true but it also seemed like we were actually ready for what they threw at us. There were several examples, but probably the best one was the option to Brad Smith. We were all over it.

It's almost as if we - gasp - studied and were prepared for our opponent.

jootep

Brand New Member
Unless Jerry is talking about mixing prescription drugs with alcohol and gun play, I'm not interested.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Its like every year we do the same thing over and over again. I was born in 82 so I didn't see the 80s and caught my first game as a 7 year old in 89. Has there ever been a period when the boys were this hopeless?
No. The team began in 1960. In year 7 they were facing GB for a berth in Super Bowl I. We went 8 years, '83-'90 without a playoff win. That was our longest streak until Jerry started destroying the team in the mid '90's.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The reason Jerry Jones will never change... (I was shocked to read the disparity):

The Dallas Cowboys lead all 32 NFL teams in revenues with $530+ million! The second closest is the New England Patriots with $410 million.

I was just playing that trivia game on Yahoo Sports and it was one of the questions. The other thing that schocked me... it costs more (by a significant margin) to see Cowboys's home game than any other team. I believe they said the average cost was $614. The shocking thing though... it's not that it costs so much, but rather given the team's mediocrity people still fork over that much of their earned income.

Top Bottom