Kellen Moore will start this Sunday

p1_

DCC 4Life
With all his limitations, I still feel Moore is an upgrade over the two jackasses we rolled out to fill in for
Romo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Moore has a very good football mind and has been able to overcome his physical limitations because of it. He doesn't have a future as a starter in this league but he can be productive.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
With all his limitations, I still feel Moore is an upgrade over the two jackasses we rolled out to fill in for
Romo.
That's the only reason Moore should play. He actually outplayed Cassel.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A 6-5 MFer no less. Go figure.
Yeah, I think tipped balls almost have more to do with instincts and pocket awareness then they actually do height. Guys like Brees at 6 foot even don't have any serious problem with it while a guy who is 6'5" like Cassel seems to have balls batted down all the time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
LOL. Garrett throwing all kinds of praise at Moore in the PC today, acting like he's all exciting about playing him. Totally different than he was any other time about him, including after the game Saturday night.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
LOL. Garrett throwing all kinds of praise at Moore in the PC today, acting like he's all exciting about playing him. Totally different than he was any other time about him, including after the game Saturday night.
One question.

Did you hear him clapping as he was talking?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Give him a break. He received his programming flash drive from Jerry with directives just this morning.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Romo.
Weeden looks a lot better playing in a real offense over in Houston.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Give him a break. He received his programming flash drive from Jerry with directives just this morning.
There must be a Steve Harvey joke in there somewhere.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Meh. At this point with the season being toast I would even be fine with calling Showers up from the PS and throwing him out there. Moore played decently for the most part under the circumstances but it's not like he's a long term post-Romo solution at QB.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Real offense? Perhaps, but certainly a better head coach.
Both. O'Brien is a legit offensive mind. He's a former Belichick assistant who runs a more modular New England style offense, not an antiquated predictable offense that has to have overwhelming talent and perfect timing to be productive.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Both. O'Brien is a legit offensive mind. He's a former Belichick assistant who runs a more modular New England style offense, not an antiquated predictable offense that has to have overwhelming talent and perfect timing to be productive.
its incredible to me how vanilla and mundane our offense is versus most other teams'

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
its incredible to me how vanilla and mundane our offense is versus most other teams'
It's based off an aggressive style from the 90's built to take advantage of dominant talent.

When you lack that dominance at WR, QB, OL, and RB, the offense fails.

2007 and 2014 had dominant WRs with strong to dominant RB performances behind strong OL's, and Romo tore it up each year. Owens in 2007 was amazing and his injury is one of the biggest reasons the season stalled. We trusted no one to step up behind him and went out of our way to keep an over-the-hill Terry Glenn on the roster.

Being able to take advantage of sub-par talent is why a guy like Josh McDaniels might succeed with a second shot at HC. He's shown he can win with either star players or average Joe's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's based off an aggressive style from the 90's built to take advantage of dominant talent.

When you lack that dominance at WR, QB, OL, and RB, the offense fails.

2007 and 2014 had dominant WRs with strong to dominant RB performances behind strong OL's, and Romo tore it up each year. Owens in 2007 was amazing and his injury is one of the biggest reasons the season stalled. We trusted no one to step up behind him and went out of our way to keep an over-the-hill Terry Glenn on the roster.

Being able to take advantage of sub-par talent is why a guy like Josh McDaniels might succeed with a second shot at HC. He's shown he can win with either star players or average Joe's.
Norv Turner seems to be doing fine with that offense in Minnesota. It's not the system that is the problem, it's the coaches who are running it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Norv Turner seems to be doing fine with that offense in Minnesota. It's not the system that is the problem, it's the coaches who are running it.
100% correct.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Norv can run a slightly antiquated system because he's a legit offensive mind and one of the best play callers and QB gurus in football. There's a lot of difference between that and running "Air Coryell for Dummies".

He's also close to being the only one left. No one has heard from Al Saunders or Mike Martz in a long time.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Norv can run a slightly antiquated system because he's a legit offensive mind and one of the best play callers and QB gurus in football. There's a lot of difference between that and running "Air Coryell for Dummies".

He's also close to being the only one left. No one has heard from Al Saunders or Mike Martz in a long time.
this is part of what chaps the shit out of me. How can Garrett be a pupil of this system having played in it with the likes of Aikman
and Emmitt and Irvin and have so poor a command of it, needing near perfection on all fronts in order to win? Last season had
the look and feel of the teams of the 90s; we have the same team, minus each of the new 'triplet' players at various points throughout the season. The loss of those players certainly has an impact, but this is beyond that. This offense is setting new lows with each passing week. Surpassing the futility marks set by Campo is a serious low point. This is simply unacceptable, even with the injuries.

Top Bottom