2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Exactly, for the reason mentioned multiple times. They would love to see him win, so why throw out attacks that might hurt him?
So what then is the issue since we are both saying the same thing?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I would vote for about anyone over this draft-dodging, born-on-third-and-thought-he-hit-a-triple, reality show phony.

Or else just sit out of voting and have old people tell me, well, you can't complain about the government, because you didn't choose Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump to take charge of our national security.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would vote for about anyone over this draft-dodging, born-on-third-and-thought-he-hit-a-triple, reality show phony.

Or else just sit out of voting and have old people tell me, well, you can't complain about the government, because you didn't choose Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump to take charge of our national security.
Old People?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Who gives a shit about old people who say that. Guess what, you can still complain.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They aren't geared to go after him because him winning the primary is their wet dream.
Dumb Americans scare the crap out of me and they should scare the crap out of you too.

This whole election is going to end up picking between two terrible candidates probably anyway. I already know the Democratic options are horrific and most of the Republican ones are too.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Old People?
There is a segment of people who see voting (and only for one of the two REAL parties, by God) as a kind of sacrament.

In my experience this segment trends older. If I had to guess, that's mainly because they remember a time when there tended to be at least one non-turd choice in each election.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dumb Americans scare the crap out of me and they should scare the crap out of you too.

This whole election is going to end up picking between two terrible candidates probably anyway. I already know the Democratic options are horrific and most of the Republican ones are too.
Think about the fact that there is a sizable portion of the electorate that cares about Teen Mom 2 and what the Kardashians are up to.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

We see the results of dumb Americans with the current electorate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Think about the fact that there is a sizable portion of the electorate that cares about Teen Mom 2 and what the Kardashians are up to.
The majority of voters are totally uninformed about the candidates or what is actually best for the economy in general. They care more about celebrities and whoever is cool to support.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The majority of voters are totally uninformed about the candidates or what is actually best for the economy in general. They care more about celebrities and whoever is cool to support.
Nor would they even know what is best for the economy if they cared.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We see the results of dumb Americans with the current electorate.
Yes.

We need a swing in the other direction for awhile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That about sums up this entire field of candidates.:lol
After doing enough criminal defense work to see some really good people convicted of felonies, I'm not sure we should be laying out a flat rule that they should be losing either of those constitutional rights.

Besides none of it prevents a felon from having a gun. All it really does is gives the cops another reason to tag another felony onto a guys record and put him in jail without the felon actually doing anything wrong.

Jiggyfly

Banned
After doing enough criminal defense work to see some really good people convicted of felonies, I'm not sure we should be laying out a flat rule that they should be losing either of those constitutional rights.

Besides none of it prevents a felon from having a gun. All it really does is gives the cops another reason to tag another felony onto a guys record and put him in jail without the felon actually doing anything wrong.
I agree.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

considering the kind of neighborhoods ex offenders end up living in it would be pretty scary for them not to have a gun. I advise the ones who are getting out that as long as their wife isn't a felon she can own all the guns she wants. The law can't limit a family member's right to bear arms just because they live with a felon. Whether it's a parole violation is another matter though. A guy can get his parole taken for things that aren't actually crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom