Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
17 point loss and double that still wasn't the real difference. This is a bad team. Thanks, Jer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Peace out.

data

Forbes #1
We lose another game rushing for 200 yards.

Wasn't the last time vs Baltimore?

data

Forbes #1
:lol

3 games in 2013 where the team didn't punt.

2 were against the Cowboys

dallen

Senior Tech
Well, at least that's over

dallen

Senior Tech
:lol

3 games in 2013 where the team didn't punt.

2 were against the Cowboys
And no turnovers. They scored every possession except the kneel down at the end

dallen

Senior Tech
Who thinks we make the playoffs now?

vtcowboy

After watching this clusterfuck of a gutless performance tonight, I now believe that if Philly still has something to play for in that game against us Week 17, we are going to see some new records set against this defense.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dallas Cowboys: turning backup QBs into Drew Bree's since 2000!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You suggest the offense is underperforming because they are cold and you have the balls to lecture anyone on logic?
Yes, maybe you've heard it before.... they say it every time Peyton Manning is on TV. The only way to stop him is to keep him on the sidelines, not let him get into a rhythm, etc.

When your defense can't get off the field, it effects your offense.

What you are missing here is that it can be both unit's fault.
I'm not "missing" shit, except perhaps a bit of sanity for bothering to address this nonsense.

It can be both unit's fault.... but tonite it wasn't. The offense did more than enough in the first half to put up a respectable showing, and by time they got the ball for the first time in the 2nd half they were down 2 scores and completely thrown off their game, which was clearly to run the ball in sub-zero temperatures in heavy winds, which are never conditions that are ideal for passing.

The defense was twice as bad as the offense tonite. Three times as bad.

It wasn't even close.

The offense isn't good enough, and the defense isn't either.
The offense was not at fault for this loss tonite. Putting up 21 points by early in the 4th quarter would be good enough for a tie or a lead most games, if the defense was even average. At they very worst, you'd be within a score.

It was not tonite, because the defense was horrible.

Garrett left points on the field tonight. He does that often. He over exposed a horrific defense. He managed the game poorly.
It's not poor game management to pass the ball when you are trying to score before the half with a minute and ten seconds left and 1 timeout or whatever it was, FWIW.

That doesn't absolve the defense. But it's the HC's job to do the best he can with what he has. Garrett doesn't do that.

He's the HC of the entire team. He had a hand in shaping this roster. He had a hand in shaping this game plan. He had a hand in managing this game. And thats an understatement.
You're getting a little off track.

What kicked off this debate was the statement that some idiots will try to claim the offense was as much to blame for the defense as this loss. Not "game management." I know you're in a scramble to pin as much blame on Garrett as you can at all times, so you want to take the argument there, but that's not really what it's about.

The offense was not to blame for this loss.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well, we have a unique situation given that our owner picks his head coach's coordinators and apparently told Garrett to fire Ryan (and himself as play caller).
And Garrett was the beneficiary of that. I loathe the day we hired Garrett as OC on many levels.

And remember, the reason those coaching changes were made in the first place was to avoid firing Garrett like we should have.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Who thinks we make the playoffs now?
I thought we'd go 2-1 in the three leading up the final. I was hoping we could take this one because I think GB will be tough.

This is disappointing but not season ending.

The defense just can't do a damn thing, though. It's gonna sink us.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And Garrett was the beneficiary of that.
And?

It's only a knock against him in the sense that he doesn't have the pull to force Jerry into the background, which everyone admits is the case with Garrett, and which has been the knock against every non-Parcells coach Jerry has hired, and will be the case for the next coach Jerry hires as well.

Deuce said something to the effect of "how many coaches could survive 4 bad coordinators" but he's not "surviving" his selection of them, he's being handed them. No sane decision maker would assign his head coach a coordinator and then blame his head coach when that coordinator sucks.

And remember, the reason those coaching changes were made in the first place was to avoid firing Garrett like we should have.
I'm with you, I wish we had hired Reid in the offseason. But Jerry botched it like he always does, and like he'll do again next time.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yes, maybe you've heard it before.... they say it every time Peyton Manning is on TV. The only way to stop him is to keep him on the sidelines, not let him get into a rhythm, etc.

When your defense can't get off the field, it effects your offense.

I'm not "missing" shit, except perhaps a bit of sanity for bothering to address this nonsense.

It can be both unit's fault.... but tonite it wasn't. The offense did more than enough in the first half to put up a respectable showing, and by time they got the ball for the first time in the 2nd half they were down 2 scores and completely thrown off their game, which was clearly to run the ball in sub-zero temperatures in heavy winds, which are never conditions that are ideal for passing.

The defense was twice as bad as the offense tonite. Three times as bad.

It wasn't even close.

The offense was not at fault for this loss tonite. Putting up 21 points by early in the 4th quarter would be good enough for a tie or a lead most games, if the defense was even average. At they very worst, you'd be within a score.

It was not tonite, because the defense was horrible.

It's not poor game management to pass the ball when you are trying to score before the half with a minute and ten seconds left and 1 timeout or whatever it was, FWIW.

You're getting a little off track.

What kicked off this debate was the statement that some idiots will try to claim the offense was as much to blame for the defense as this loss. Not "game management." I know you're in a scramble to pin as much blame on Garrett as you can at all times, so you want to take the argument there, but that's not really what it's about.

The offense was not to blame for this loss.
tl;dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom