Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty much...and it is find of funny that they want Murray to play the Atherton/pessimist role.

The best part about that is that they are distinguishing themselves from the original completely. Murray playing a completely different character keeps the original standing on it's own without a true sequal.
No, it doesn't. It is just gay.

Even the great Bill Murray cannot save this turd.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Guest was a good movie.

Not especially intelligent, but an entertaining watch that was so bad it is was good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Odd Thomas was good as well. Faithful to the book.

Carl

RIP Brother
Birdman, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I might. Still advocating A Most Violent Year. Liked the camel skin coat.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
'Super Troopers 2' Is Officially Happening

Fans of the 2001 Broken Lizard comedy "Super Troopers" have been hoping for a sequel to the film for years. While there have been rumblings and rumors since 2012, Steve Lemme has confirmed that it's finally happening.

Lemme, who starred in the original film about five Vermont state troopers, told Us Weekly earlier this week that Fox plans to distribute the film as long as the money is raised for it. "The fans have been asking for it for a while, but we were finally able to package everything together," Lemme told Us Weekly. Lemme said they've almost got the $27 million budget they need, but plan to make a Kickstarter to raise the rest. "Super Troopers" director and co-star Jay Chandrasekhar alsotold fans on Reddit last month about their Kickstarter plan. Lemme said they plan to start filming early next year.

Although the Broken Lizard gang said they had a prequel in mind back in 2006, this new movie is definitely a sequel and is set to pick up where the first film left off. Lemme didn't share much more about the new movie, but said that it will definitely top the original opening scene and the troopers' mustaches will be returning, because of course. "Everybody who had a mustache in the first one will grow it back," Lemme said. Apparently the guys who didn't have one want one now, and Lemme is contemplating ways to make them work for it. "Not sure how we'll haze them, but they better be prepared."

D

Deuce

I really want to like the new Jurrasic World, but the newest commercial gives me even less hope. So Pratt is supposed to be some Raptor whisperer or wrestler? And then him riding the bike in the dark isn't him being chased by them, but them probably running along side him on their way to a fight? GTFO

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The Guest was a good movie.

Not especially intelligent, but an entertaining watch that was so bad it is was good.
I have fanboyed for this movie on here a couple times already, but I have to disagree that with the "so bad it's good" label. Wingard and Barrett clearly have a ton of knowledge about genre tropes and were able to appropriate them in a way that somehow feels fresh. From the bar fight as a means of character development toward the beginning, to the warped '80s teen-movie-esque lovers' confrontation in the diner while a cheeseball love song plays, to
the slasher movie villain resurrection and escape at the end
, I think it was pretty brilliant in its ludicrousness.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have fanboyed for this movie on here a couple times already, but I have to disagree that with the "so bad it's good" label. Wingard and Barrett clearly have a ton of knowledge about genre tropes and were able to appropriate them in a way that somehow feels fresh. From the bar fight as a means of character development toward the beginning, to the warped '80s teen-movie-esque lovers' confrontation in the diner while a cheeseball love song plays, to
the slasher movie villain resurrection and escape at the end
, I think it was pretty brilliant in its ludicrousness.
Thanks, James Lipton.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Never been a big Jennifer Lawrence guy, but I have to say after watching Silver Linings Playbook that things changed. I am a sucker for yoga pants.
Between that movie and The Fappening, she's officially hot now when she really wasn't before.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Saw a pretty decent movie on netflix. "Out of the Furnace." Christian Bale, Casey Afflec, Willem DeFoe.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/nutzoid_actor_randy_quaid_has_crazed_meltdown

WTF happened to Randy Quaid? The dude has completely lost his shit.

Looking like it was shot in a cheap motel, Randy Quaid, the much-arrested actor/fugitive commonly believed to be out of his cotton-picking mind, decided to give Rupert Murdoch a little piece of what is left of it.

Or more to the point, Quaid, who clearly feels that he’s on the wrong end of a fucking by the Australian media magnate and the evil minions at his News Corps empire, has decided to turn the tables and fuck Murdoch (in the form of his mask-wearing wife Evi).

The results, you might say, are not sexy. NSFW, but more for how deeply insane it is than anything else. This has been popping up, and then getting taken down all morning like a video Whac-a-Mole.

Quaid and his wife believe that an evil Hollywood sect named “Star Whackers” wants to kill them.

Top Bottom