Archer: Mel Kiper Jr. has Cowboys taking DT in first mock

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Lockett is a great receiver and good punt returner. He would be a good replacement for Harris but he is smaller than I prefer.
He's fast and a huge playmaker, though...

There have been about five or six Locketts. About time we got one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lockett is a great receiver and good punt returner. He would be a good replacement for Harris but he is smaller than I prefer.
He is listed at 5'11" so even if he is say 5'10" I'm ok with that. DeSean Jackson size doesn't bother me with a speed WR.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dorsett for sure. I really love Agholor and Lippett, but they will go before I am willing to go WR. Guys like Christion Jones and Tyler Lockett...even Rashad Greene interests me.
Lippett is a real favorite of mine, very clutch.

Lockett would be nice to replace Harris. While I get you can't have "steak on every plate", but all he does outside of teams on offense is block on running plays...which is pretty much a dead giveaway to our play design. I would have expected him to be a better receiver by this stage in his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's more of what I thought. There is always a little cheating up going on with some of the smaller guys in college.
He is nothing compared to Ty Montgomery of Stanford.

Somehow he shrunk 3 inches between the time he measured for Stanford's media guide and the weigh ins today.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's more of what I thought. There is always a little cheating up going on with some of the smaller guys in college.
Not really surprising to me. Basically the size of DeSean Jackson like I was saying. Doesn't scare me off any.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet Lockett doesn't come close to having Jackson's timed speed.
That's a safe bet. Jackson is freak fast. I don't think Lockett is slow by any means though and I think he has plenty of speed to beat people deep. If he ran a 40 like Jackson he would be in the discussion as a late first round pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's a safe bet. Jackson is freak fast. I don't think Lockett is slow by any means though and I think he has plenty of speed to beat people deep. If he ran a 40 like Jackson he would be in the discussion as a late first round pick.
A slower Jackson is pretty much worthless. So why name drop?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A slower Jackson is pretty much worthless. So why name drop?
Because everyone said that Jackson was too small to play in the NFL and he has lit it up...

Why do you hate the guy so much? He was productive. Has great quickness. Can provide special teams play. Do you just hate small WRs? Sort of like Beastley?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who said I hate him? I just think it is dumb to drop Jackson's name into it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But what has made Jackson successful is his speed.
A lot of people doubted his ability to hold up in the NFL physically at his size. That's what I was speaking to. By the way, Lockett isn't slow by any means. He is quick and fast. I don't forsee him as a franchise WR though because he doesn't have freak speed like Jackson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watching the North practice right now, Crowder looks really good. Looks extremely explosive and obviously he brings a lot as a returner as well.

Top Bottom