Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't buy that. It was like a practice kick then. 45 or 50 it doesn't matter. He's the most accurate kicker in history for a reason. The weather, field, etc didn't hurt Crosby on his FG. They fucked up 3rd and 1 though. What the hell. Run the damn ball every 3rd and 1 in 2015 please.
Either run or at least present the run as an option and try to find a receiver open underneath.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The little girl seems amused. :lol

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It was called a catch on the field. Was there enough to overturn the play? Do they know for sure Dez didn't make a football move and try to score?

kidd

DCC 4Life
Now Blandino is saying that the Competition Committee will review the "process of a catch" rule in the offseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now Blandino is saying that the Competition Committee will review the "process of a catch" rule in the offseason.
Ultimately worthless since they have enforced this "rule" but a handful of times.

Under normal circumstances that play is called a catch.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Here's hoping the car he takes to the meeting gets in a head-on collision with a semi truck.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Are you retarded? We are most certainly criticizing Linehan right now.
Absolutely. More than once he ran empty set when it was obvious he shouldn't. Plus the long shots down the field in short yardage situations were terrible. I still keep him over going back to Garrett's dumbass calling plays.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It was called a catch on the field. Was there enough to overturn the play? Do they know for sure Dez didn't make a football move and try to score?
If the ref can't say with 100% certainty Dez was not reaching for the goaline then by rule the call on the field has to stand.

Obviously the NFL was scared shitless after all the Detroit backlash to give Dallas a call that possibly wins the game.

I truly believe that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If the ref can't say with 100% certainty Dez was not reaching for the goaline then by rule the call on the field has to stand.

Obviously the NFL was scared shitless after all the Detroit backlash to give Dallas a call that possibly wins the game.

I truly believe that.
They already ruled it a catch though, so they weren't scared to give the call.

It was a calculated decision to right what they considered a wrong to get everyone off their ass. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They already ruled it a catch though, so they weren't scared to give the call.

It was a calculated decision to right what they considered a wrong to get everyone off their ass. Nobody can convince me otherwise.
Exactly. They went out of their way to overturn that call.

Fox was in "the process" of writing this grand story of Aaron Rodgers' legend the whole game. If Dallas scores there, that script was definitely in jeopardy.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Absolutely. More than once he ran empty set when it was obvious he shouldn't. Plus the long shots down the field in short yardage situations were terrible. I still keep him over going back to Garrett's dumbass calling plays.
Yes, a lot of the same shit Garrett got criticized for and rightly so. Accept it or not Garrett's fingerprints or all over this offense as well.

There are a shit ton worse playcallers in the NFL then Garrett.

I love Linehan, but it helps to have Romo only miss one game, a healthy dominant o line remain intact except for Free/Parnell, a healthy Dez all year and a healthy Murray. When was the last time Dez, Romo, our O line, and Murray (or any other starting RB) remain healthy for the whole season? A long time. That's probably not going to happen next year. And that helps the offense.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
How did Hanna not recover that Cobb fumble on the kickoff?!!!!!
God only knows. Two biggest plays were the fumbles. Murray loses his which likely kept us from scoring while giving GB a FG. And then the non-recovery by Hanna. Up 8 late in the 3rd and a chance to take over inside the Packers 25. Instead GB regains possession and then somehow converts a 3rd and 15 later in the drive for a 45+ yard TD catch and run. Other plays factored in but those two were the biggest imo.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
God only knows. Two biggest plays were the fumbles. Murray loses his which likely kept us from scoring while giving GB a FG. And then the non-recovery by Hanna. Up 8 late in the 3rd and a chance to take over inside the Packers 25. Instead GB regains possession and then somehow converts a 3rd and 15 later in the drive for a 45+ yard TD catch and run. Other plays factored in but those two were the biggest imo.
Green Bay got alot of bounces, not to mention the game-clinching play where a deflected pass that was nearly going end over end somehow found a WR. It took a whole lot of 50/50 type of bounces on top of a completely fucked up bullshit call for the Packers to win at home, is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom