Wildcard Sunday Chatter | Cowboys and Lions | 1/4/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Parnell is a JAG. Players like him are scattered all over the NFL, and yeah... He wouldn't be all that hard to replace. You're the one who's delusional if he's playing great and is erasing opposing players. He has been serviceable, with an occasional above average play.

Find me one person who agrees with your assessment of Parnell's play, and I'll show you a retard named xwalker.
There are plenty of people who agree Broadus was talking today about how well he has played over the last 3 games.

A jag does not shut out Kerrigan a jag does not give make a DE quit in a playoff game.

The definition of a jag is that RT from the Colts who players were fighting to line up against.

If he is such a jag why are the giving him zero protection?

Its foolish to think that kind of play is easy to replace the Redskins have been trying to find it for the last 5 years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, I guess we are going to have to have a clinic on how to post pictures.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There are plenty of people who agree Broadus was talking today about how well he has played over the last 3 games.

A jag does not shut out Kerrigan a jag does not give make a DE quit in a playoff game.

The definition of a jag is that RT from the Colts who players were fighting to line up against.

If he is such a jag why are the giving him zero protection?

Its foolish to think that kind of play is easy to replace the Redskins have been trying to find it for the last 5 years.
No, that Colts RT is not a JAG. He's just shitty. Just because you're a JAG doesn't mean you're terrible. And I've never implied that Parnell is terrible. Or even a bad player. Only that he's not GREAT as you try to feed us weekly. The league has many JAGS that play important roles for their team. Just like Parnell plays an important role for us. As a good backup and spot starter. And if we go into next year with Parnell slotted to be our starter, we'll see just how much of a JAG he is. For such a great player that erases pro bowl caliber players, you'd think he'd have wrestled the starting job away from Free. Now granted, Free has played better the last couple years. But why didn't he take the job from him during the time when Free couldn't block my dead grandma?

Also, you're trying to use the Redskins and their inability to field good players as a comparison point? Really? :lol Ok.

Cotton

Staff member
There is a little icon that looks like this
. That's the image icon. After clicking on that select "post from URL", put the URL in the URL window and uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Why that box isn't defaulted unchecked is beyond me, but you have to uncheck it or it will throw an error. Imgur.com is the best site to upload images to, FYI

Attachments

Last edited:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
So sick of hearing about this fricking Hitchens play. Why don't any of these MF'ers want to talk about the ticky-tack hold on Witten that negated Murray's TD? Or the BS call on the pick play that Denver runs 100 times a game that wiped out Beasley's 20-something yard catch?

Bad calls happen all the time, both ways.
I think the sports talk guys on WIP (Philly) are more indignant over that call than even those in Detroit. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
He never took the job because Free was better is that so hard to believe and when Free was bad Parnell stepped up and helped solidifie that spot in 2012.

Free came back a much better player in 2013 and won the job. Why is that a negative on Parnell even in 2013 he stepped in at LT and was serviceable.

And you maybe he is just now rounding into form and is ready to take the next step, you know the same way Free got better.

And how the hell do you downplay what he did against Kerrigan who has 13.5 sacks on the year?

Last edited:

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
He never took the job because Free was better is that so hard to believe and when Free was bad Parnell stepped up and helped solidifie that spot in 2012.

Free came back a much better player in 2013 and won the job. Why is that a negative on Parnell even in 2013 he stepped in at LT and was serviceable.

And you maybe he is just now rounding into form and is ready to take the next step, you know the same way Free got better.

And how the hell do downplay what he did against Kerrigan who 13.5 sacks on the year?
All things being equal, I'd rather have Free back, but all things aren't equal. Free is going to command more money than Parnell. Smart teams develop guys like Parnell so that they can move on from guys like Free when they try to get a contract that exceeds their value. It's how teams like the Patriots are able to make the playoffs year in and year out. With the number of free agents that we have this year, it doesn't make financial sense to re-sign Free unless he's willing to accept a team-friendly deal. And given that he's already taken a pay cut, my take is that he's going to want to get paid since he's going to be 31 in the offseason and this is most likely his last chance at a nice contract.

Jiggyfly

Banned
All things being equal, I'd rather have Free back, but all things aren't equal. Free is going to command more money than Parnell. Smart teams develop guys like Parnell so that they can move on from guys like Free when they try to get a contract that exceeds their value. It's how teams like the Patriots are able to make the playoffs year in and year out. With the number of free agents that we have this year, it doesn't make financial sense to re-sign Free unless he's willing to accept a team-friendly deal. And given that he's already taken a pay cut, my take is that he's going to want to get paid since he's going to be 31 in the offseason and this is most likely his last chance at a nice contract.
Yeah I like Free better as well I was one of the 1st to talk about resigning him, but the injuries tell me its time to move on.

With what Parnell is showing its an easy decision to make, I would still be looking for competition but RT would not be a huge ? with Parnell.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And this is where your panties get all wadded up. Why does it have to be a negative? I never said Parnell was a bad player. Only that he's not as great as you continue to say.

And thank you for basically saying what I've been saying. When a player does a serviceable job, as you state here, it's just as I have said. That he's a JAG. Not bad, certainly not great. Just there. Serviceable.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And this is where your panties get all wadded up. Why does it have to be a negative? I never said Parnell was a bad player. Only that he's not as great as you continue to say.

And thank you for basically saying what I've been saying. When a player does a serviceable job, as you state here, it's just as I have said. That he's a JAG. Not bad, certainly not great. Just there. Serviceable.
Panties in a wad.:lol

I never said Parnell was great so stop that nonsense.

I said he was not so easily replaceable you were the guy saying he was easily replaceable and then acting like he had done nothing of note after shutting out Kerrigan.

I think your definition of JAG is questionable you don't get this level of play from just anybody off the street.

Parnell has never embarrassed himself and has been dominant at times I think that's something to build on and by the way he graded out as the 2nd best offensive lineman in this game.

Cotton

Staff member

:picard

data

Forbes #1
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

Can you get this video? Apparently, Irvin had a new pump-up video that was played just before kickoff that ratcheted up and fired up the crowd. It had Irvin wearing the navy blue #Fight T-shirt.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is the "nonsense" I'm talking about. And no... He certainly wasn't great yesterday, no matter how you try and spin it.

I think he has shown enough over these 3 games he can be a good starter, he was great yesterday and they even put Suh out there.
I said he was not so easily replaceable you were the guy saying he was easily replaceable and then acting like he had done nothing of note after shutting out Kerrigan.
Please. Show me where I've ever said he's done nothing of note. I've said he's had good stretches. I've never once implied he's a bad player.

I think your definition of JAG is questionable you don't get this level of play from just anybody off the street.
Again, I've never said he was bad. Or just some player off the street, as you're implying here. I'd say your definition of JAG is questionable. Apparently you think it means it's some sort of terrible player I've even went as far as saying he's a valuable part of the team, but apparently you just want to gloss that over.

But hey, we get it. It's what you do. You make up shit to try and fit your stupid agendas.

Parnell has never embarrassed himself and has been dominant at times I think that's something to build on and by the way he graded out as the 2nd best offensive lineman in this game.
And, yet again, I've never said he's embarrassed himself. Or that he's bad. I've even mentioned that he's been good in places. Why would you feel the need to throw something in, yet again, that hasn't been said, or even implied? Oh yes. That's right... See the last sentence above this last quote for further clarification.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Panties in a wad.:lol

aside from forgetting the snap count and almost getting Tony killed

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Parnell needs to get props as well he had that DE quitting on the last drive,

As of now I am letting Free walk he is 30 years old and getting injured to much.
... and drafting a tackle in the 2nd/3rd round? Ok.

But I'm not planning on Parnell being my starting RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom