Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Sounds like the guy sucks. I wonder if the Giants didn't sign him for insight into our defensive scheme.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think that's it, the Giants are really thin at LB and just cut their leading tackler from last year.
Yeah it is a sensible signing on both fronts.

They need a body and it is a plus we gave them one who is familiar with what we have installed.

The only plus is that Brinkley never got a chance to run the defense as a MLB.

All through camp, he was practicing anywhere but the Mike. Then the games start and he's the Mike.

If this is their edge, roll with it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Heard on NFL radio that cutting Brinkley before the start of the season allows us to claim another comp pick. Something to do with the formula of what we lost vs what we gained tipping the scales in favor of another pick. I'd bet that factored in once he showed he wasn't going to be contributing all that much to us. Lose the guaranteed money, but might as well get something in return.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Heard on NFL radio that cutting Brinkley before the start of the season allows us to claim another comp pick. Something to do with the formula of what we lost vs what we gained tipping the scales in favor of another pick. I'd bet that factored in once he showed he wasn't going to be contributing all that much to us. Lose the guaranteed money, but might as well get something in return.
You heard right.

dallen

Senior Tech
Cowboys will gets offsets I hope.
We won't get his signing bonus back but we will get his guaranteed salary subtracted from whatever the Giants pay him. I think we guaranteed $750k worth of salary, but I imagine he is going to sign for the minimum .

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Only because I didnt know where else to put it:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

Love the player, but I don't like the sound of that. He hasn't earned big money yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be fine giving Crawford around 6-7 a year, anything above that is overpaying at this point, although I do think that it is very possible that he could command around 8-9 a year after the season if we let him play it out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love the player, but I don't like the sound of that. He hasn't earned big money yet.
To me it's the perfect time to pay him. I really expect a breakout year for him this season. If we can sign him up before he has a 7-10 sack year and probowl I think it's a pretty good idea.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd be fine giving Crawford around 6-7 a year, anything above that is overpaying at this point, although I do think that it is very possible that he could command around 8-9 a year after the season if we let him play it out.
Yeah that sounds about right and we know the Cowboys have been pushing team friendly deals lately.

D

Deuce

To me it's the perfect time to pay him. I really expect a breakout year for him this season. If we can sign him up before he has a 7-10 sack year and probowl I think it's a pretty good idea.
I don't hate the timing, I hate the phrase "aggressively working". Jerruh getting "aggressive" makes me nervous.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Should have been MVP last year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't hate the timing, I hate the phrase "aggressively working". Jerruh getting "aggressive" makes me nervous.
Jer is getting some new hardware, so his aggression is in check.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sean Lee said he was “honored” to be voted one of the Cowboys’ five captains for the 2015 season.

“We have so many leaders on this team,” Lee said Friday. “But to be able to be voted a captain, it’s humbling, and it’s something I take extremely serious.”

The linebacker was joined by tight end Jason Witten, safety Barry Church, quarterback Tony Romo and kicker Dan Bailey as captains in a vote by the team Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom