2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sources, plural. Multiple sources scattered across front offices and media outlets throughout the country. #notguessing
My apologies, fine sir. Just really appreciate you passing this info along to us.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The optics of drafting a guy with a drug history to fill your need at DE created by guys with drug histories who have been suspended for drug use are... interesting.
I would say it's a puzzler but not when you consider this franchise's past drafts. We've gone from LBs with injury histories to DEs with drug histories. I don't know if that's a step up or a step down. I guess it's a step up from TEs that never quite pan out.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I am not that familiar with most of the players in the draft but just reading Dodd's nfl.com draft profile it seems like he would be the kind of guy they like to draft. And he visited Valley Ranch? I'd think he must be very much in the mix.

Those of you who don't want him there just think he lacks upside?
I like him, and wouldn't hate the pick. I think he's good. I just don't really like that he's going to be 24 in July, and is kind of a one year wonder.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I seriously think the Browns are behind this - trying to gin up more trade value, throwing the Cowboys into the mix because people will believe it and get yet more picks.

Those sneaky moneyball m'fers.

We're going Dodd/Ogbah and Prescott in 3. Brady bottle lock it.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll be honest. The main reason I don't want Ogbah is that his name reminds me of Eric Ogbogu. I don't want to be reminded of that every Sunday
I'd draft a guy named Adolph Hitler if I thought he'd help us win.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I like him, and wouldn't hate the pick. I think he's good. I just don't really like that he's going to be 24 in July, and is kind of a one year wonder.
From what I'm seeing–again, just based on reading nfl.com draft profiles as well as some comments on the board here–it looks like DT would be the better choice here over DE. Sounds like they might be locked in on a DE though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
From what I'm seeing–again, just based on reading nfl.com draft profiles as well as some comments on the board here–it looks like DT would be the better choice here over DE. Sounds like they might be locked in on a DE though.
Yeah, I'd prefer to take somebody like Robinson at 34, then if either Spencer, Ogbah, or Dodd starts falling, consider going up to get them. Coming out of the first two rounds with Elliott, Robinson, and Dodd/Spencer/Ogbah would be sweet. Hell, Spencer with his past might even be there at the top of the 3rd. Who knows?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those of you who don't want him there just think he lacks upside?
Pretty much and it's not that I don't want him. I just like other DE's and D-lineman in general more. And him being a 24 year old rookie reminds me a little of Hatcher with his size and advanced age.

The people hating on Ogbah I don't get though. Was he streaky? Sure, but if he is only giving half effort and still recording 24 sacks over 2 seasons (11 as a sophomore and 13 as a junior) then I look at a motivator like Marinelli and wonder if we could potentially be finding a big time player. He is athletic too, this isn't Kevin Dodd. Ogbah is a really good athlete.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
FYI, maybe you guys should be looking more at the DBs... You know how the Cowboys are.

Mackensie Alexander
Kendal Fuller
Xavier Howard
Vonn Bell

Would make up my short list of DBs available.

Jiggyfly

Banned
you would not hear any complaints from me if we get a DE right here. This would be one of the best drafts (combined with last year) that I could ever remember
Yeah that's how I feel, I think this is the make or break point of the draft for us.

GShock

DCC 4Life
FYI, maybe you guys should be looking more at the DBs... You know how the Cowboys are.
True.

Mackensie Alexander
Acceptable. Would prefer a DT/DE, but acceptable.

Kendal Fuller
Xavier Howard
eh - I think Fuller is getting the benefit of his last name, and I've heard there are off the field issues with Howard. Would rather not in round 2 on either of them.

Vonn Bell
Not terrible, but seems to be more redundant of Jones' skills. Not remote throwing, but not fantastic either.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I seriously think the Browns are behind this - trying to gin up more trade value, throwing the Cowboys into the mix because people will believe it and get yet more picks.

Those sneaky moneyball m'fers.

We're going Dodd/Ogbah and Prescott in 3. Brady bottle lock it.
It's Bradie Bottle Lock.

You sound like an idiot when you say it wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom