Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think the chunk he's talking about is the salary cap damage from signing a high dollar back.

Either Murray or Peterson could bust big, and frankly Peterson is a bigger risk. At this stage of his career LaDainian Tomlinson was averaging less than 4 YPC. If there's a back if equivalent talent level in this generation it's LT. Father Time took away his talent at about age 30.
How is Peterson a bigger risk?

And Tomlinson was coming of a knee injury later in his Career and playing with a team who was limited at QB.

So the 2 are nowhere near comparable.

dallen

Senior Tech
Coincidence? I don't think so

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How is Peterson a bigger risk?

And Tomlinson was coming of a knee injury later in his Career and playing with a team who was limited at QB.

So the 2 are nowhere near comparable.
The program Dallas has committed to at this point is is the RB by committee. Linehan has already proclaimed it. No point in taking on another back and paying out the nose before you have tried your initial strategy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

:towel
Who does that sound like??

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd give up a first for Peterson. If it goes as planned we'd be drafting later in the draft anyways, so I could support. Also, I bet we could get 3 great years from Peterson, which is all you can ask from a RB anymore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd give up a first for Peterson. If it goes as planned we'd be drafting later in the draft anyways, so I could support. Also, I bet we could get 3 great years from Peterson, which is all you can ask from a RB anymore.
I'm with you on that.....I think we're like 4 of us who would actually do this, though. :lol

Let's go for broke, I say. We're close and it's worth the risk.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't know that he will be great for 3 more years though. I wouldn't hate the trade. I think it would let us compete for a championship the next couple years

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wouldn't. If for nothing else we may need that first round pick to move up in the draft for a QB to replace Romo.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't hate the trade
I would. There is no way I'd ever be ok with trading a first rounder for a 30 year old RB. I don't care who it is. The team is set up to compete right now, and for the future. All we need to continue competing is another QB once Romo is done. It's hard enough to find them. No sense in making it even harder by trading away first rounders.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I would be excited as hell to have Peterson on the team. But I would not give up more than a fourth for him. this team is young and built for long-term success. If we go through one season without a running back, and it derails our season, this team is not ruined. We can always draft a running back or sign a running back in 2016 having learned our lesson.Romo and Witten are aging, but beyond that our team would still be poised to win a year from now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would be excited as hell to have Peterson on the team. But I would not give up more than a fourth for him. this team is young and built for long-term success. If we go through one season without a running back, and it derails our season, this team is not ruined. We can always draft a running back or sign a running back in 2016 having learned our lesson.Romo and Witten are aging, but beyond that our team would still be poised to win a year from now.
This has been my standard for trade all along. More than a 4th is too much.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't. If for nothing else we may need that first round pick to move up in the draft for a QB to replace Romo.
We need to be all in right now...I get the reasoning, just don't agree.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
so you are saying if we give up a Chaz Green pick for Adrian Peterson you would say its too much?
You have no idea how Chaz Green will turn out. Would you give up a Jason Witten pick for Peterson? I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom