2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is what happens when you play great offense and never turn the ball over. You're defense is left in a great position where the other teams offense continually has to go the length of the field to score and win. That's a difficult thing to do in the NFL. I'm sure we will drop some with the Bengals and Packers up next. Dalton doesn't really scare me but AJ Green certainly does. And well, Aaron Rodgers when he is on point is just insane at throwing the ball. Plus with his athleticism our pass rush will never get to him without blitzing.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I mean I'd trade him for anything I could get but otherwise I guess you could always just leave him on PUP/IR correct? Either way his contract is up after this year and he is gone. I certainly wouldn't use a roster spot on him.
I think it may be a little too late for that but who knows.

It's a bit odd we didn't entertain it when people called asking about trading for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it may be a little too late for that but who knows.
You have until week 8 to make a trade with him. If he is healthy and an NFL team takes a blow to their runningback depth chart, you'd have to think they would consider it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Kind of odd how Jaylon tweeted that and then never really followed up. You would have thought he would have clarified.
If you look through his Twitter history he tweets random religious inspired statements on a regular basis.

For example from early September:

Jaylon Smith ‏@thejaylonsmith
Oh Lord I am nothing without you 🙏🏾❤ #ClearEyeView

Mid September:

Blessed for another day🙏🏾

Etc.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If you look through his Twitter history he tweets random religious inspired statements on a regular basis.

For example from early September:

Oh Lord I am nothing without you ����❤ #ClearEyeView

Mid September:

Blessed for another day����

Etc.
Yeah I wondered about that it did read like a random religious quote.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now Chaz Green is in a walking boot. Fantastic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah what the hell. Strained foot supposedly. He was able to play through it during the game.
Hopefully it's nothing. It would suck if neither him nor Tyron could go Sunday.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

And there you have it, folks. Rush to your fantasy football waiver wire to claim this gem.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
So, according to the guys on the Lunch Break they provided an update about Jaylon Smith he is still unable to walk without his brace. He's unable to do anything with it.

Also for the talks of him being selected by NE in the 2nd round he wasn't cleared by their medical staff and that caused them to be removed from their board.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, according to the guys on the Lunch Break they provided an update about Jaylon Smith he is still unable to walk without his brace. He's unable to do anything with it.

Also for the talks of him being selected by NE in the 2nd round he wasn't cleared by their medical staff and that caused them to be removed from their board.
:lol

So his Tweet was trolling.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

So his Tweet was trolling.
Here is what they were referring to.

Jaylon Smith Encouraged By His Progress, But No Injury News To Report
Tuesday, October 04, 2016 5:31 PM CDT

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
@HelmanDC

FRISCO, Texas – It hardly qualifies as a surprise that, in the surreal age of social media, Jaylon Smith started and ended a firestorm – all on his own.
To set the scene a bit, Smith – who is on the Non-Football Injury list while he recovers from the severe knee injury he suffered during his final college game – prompted intense speculation from fans and media Monday with a seemingly benign tweet.

Follow
Jaylon Smith ✔ @thejaylonsmith
Oh Lord, Thankyou����
12:37 PM - 3 Oct 2016
465 465 Retweets 1,107 1,107 likes

Smith was surprised Tuesday when a huddle of reporters met him at his locker to ask if the message had any underlying meaning – which, according to him, it did not.

“Just because I’m thanking the Lord, that doesn’t necessarily have to mean that it’s dealing with my injury – it’s just giving thanks to him for life, being in this unique situation,” Smith said.

It was a stretch to assume that the Cowboys would deliver major injury news about such an intriguing player via Twitter – but fans’ curiosity is understandable. After all, Smith was talented enough to be drafted No. 34 overall despite a debilitating injury. He likely would have been a top 10 pick if he’d been fully healthy.

On top of that, Smith has worked his way back into impressive physical condition – meaning that, theoretically, the only thing stopping him from contributing on the field is the regeneration of his oft-discussed peroneal nerve.

Smith said there has been progress on his regimen, as he can run, sprint and work on linebacker drills. The rookie typically works with the athletic training staff apart from the rest of the team during practice.

He still wears a brace to stabilize his foot, but he said his progress has been encouraging.

“If you see me running, it would be hard to tell what’s really wrong with me, just based on the progression that’s happened thus far,” he said. “I’m so astounded with the process, all the training staff trusting me, and me putting my trust in them. We’re getting results.”

True to his optimistic nature, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones emphasized that encouragement on Tuesday morning. Asked about it on 105.3 FM The Fan, Jones said he wouldn’t rule out Smith’s ability to contribute this season – and Smith echoed that attitude.

“I’ll never rule myself out. For me it’s just grinding each and every day, like I’ve always said, and controlling what I can control,” he said. “You guys can’t see how well I’m doing or exactly what I’m doing. But it’s just a great feeling getting out there working and running in this process.”

All of that said, it might be wise not to read too much into the meaning of any tweets – though Smith did say he’s not put off by anybody’s interest in his progress.

“I think there’s beauty in the struggle,” he said. “I think people following along with my injury, my process – I feel comfortable not being alone and sharing it with fans or anyone who’s curious.”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here is what they were referring to.

Jaylon Smith Encouraged By His Progress, But No Injury News To Report
Tuesday, October 04, 2016 5:31 PM CDT

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
@HelmanDC

FRISCO, Texas – It hardly qualifies as a surprise that, in the surreal age of social media, Jaylon Smith started and ended a firestorm – all on his own.
To set the scene a bit, Smith – who is on the Non-Football Injury list while he recovers from the severe knee injury he suffered during his final college game – prompted intense speculation from fans and media Monday with a seemingly benign tweet.

Follow
Jaylon Smith ✔ @thejaylonsmith
Oh Lord, Thankyou����
12:37 PM - 3 Oct 2016
465 465 Retweets 1,107 1,107 likes

Smith was surprised Tuesday when a huddle of reporters met him at his locker to ask if the message had any underlying meaning – which, according to him, it did not.

“Just because I’m thanking the Lord, that doesn’t necessarily have to mean that it’s dealing with my injury – it’s just giving thanks to him for life, being in this unique situation,” Smith said.

It was a stretch to assume that the Cowboys would deliver major injury news about such an intriguing player via Twitter – but fans’ curiosity is understandable. After all, Smith was talented enough to be drafted No. 34 overall despite a debilitating injury. He likely would have been a top 10 pick if he’d been fully healthy.

On top of that, Smith has worked his way back into impressive physical condition – meaning that, theoretically, the only thing stopping him from contributing on the field is the regeneration of his oft-discussed peroneal nerve.

Smith said there has been progress on his regimen, as he can run, sprint and work on linebacker drills. The rookie typically works with the athletic training staff apart from the rest of the team during practice.

He still wears a brace to stabilize his foot, but he said his progress has been encouraging.

“If you see me running, it would be hard to tell what’s really wrong with me, just based on the progression that’s happened thus far,” he said. “I’m so astounded with the process, all the training staff trusting me, and me putting my trust in them. We’re getting results.”

True to his optimistic nature, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones emphasized that encouragement on Tuesday morning. Asked about it on 105.3 FM The Fan, Jones said he wouldn’t rule out Smith’s ability to contribute this season – and Smith echoed that attitude.

“I’ll never rule myself out. For me it’s just grinding each and every day, like I’ve always said, and controlling what I can control,” he said. “You guys can’t see how well I’m doing or exactly what I’m doing. But it’s just a great feeling getting out there working and running in this process.”

All of that said, it might be wise not to read too much into the meaning of any tweets – though Smith did say he’s not put off by anybody’s interest in his progress.

“I think there’s beauty in the struggle,” he said. “I think people following along with my injury, my process – I feel comfortable not being alone and sharing it with fans or anyone who’s curious.”
All this tells me is that Smith is a Twitter whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom