Jason Garrett talks to Greg Hardy about 9/11 tweet

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
David Manning / USA TODAY Sports

On Friday evening, Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy made a joke on Twitter about the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. According to Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, the club addressed the tweet that very night.

"It's just one of the other mediums in the media," Garrett said Sunday at the "Taste of the NFL" at AT&T Stadium. "And I think it's important to have great discipline with that. I'm not someone who's on Twitter. So, I understand that a lot of people are, and that's part of the fabric of our culture these days."

Garrett, who has been coaching with Dallas since 2010, says he and his staff try to emphasize to their players that social media needs to be used in a correct manner.

"Distinguish yourself with your play, not with what you say," said Garrett.

The Cowboys don't have an official policy on social media use, only that players use "good restraint" and to consider the impact of one's words.

"Some guys just need reinforcement one way or the other when they reach out and do some of those things. So, it's all a learning process. None of us are perfect. So we try to address it as these things come up."

Last night, Hardy tweeted that he was going to go silent on Twitter.

But in the same evening, he change his profile picture, banner, unfollowed Cowboys players and fans, and began retweeting.

-------------------
Jesus. The Randy Gregory pick is looking better and better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And The Kraken kept retweeting. All day long.

Obviously, Jason is building something here and has the respect of all the players.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And The Kraken kept retweeting. All day long.

Obviously, Jason is building something here and has the respect of all the players.
:lol

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Now that we have Gregory, and we're not going to have a running game to take us to the playoffs anyway, why not just let Hardy go and say "thanks for being an insurance policy"?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Now that we have Gregory, and we're not going to have a running game to take us to the playoffs anyway, why not just let Hardy go and say "thanks for being an insurance policy"?
:lol

Drunk already? We usually don't get these until 2:30 or so.

townsend

Banned
We made it to the playoffs in 2003 with Troy Hambrick. New England just won the Super Bowl with Jonas Gray as their lead rusher, racking up an astounding 412 yards.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We made it to the playoffs in 2003 with Troy Hambrick. New England just won the Super Bowl with Jonas Gray as their lead rusher, racking up an astounding 412 yards.
Wut? Talk about twisting stats to fit your narrative. He got half those yards in one game and missed a meeting the next week and only got used in garbage time after that. Also he had a grand total of 4 carries in the playoffs and that was in the Colts blowout.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why we wasted all these picks in the offensive line. Clearly they have nothing to do with the running game.

townsend

Banned
Wut? Talk about twisting stats to fit your narrative. He got half those yards in one game and missed a meeting the next week and only got used in garbage time after that. Also he had a grand total of 4 carries in the playoffs and that was in the Colts blowout.
Not really the point. Jonas Gray got the most yards, every other back got less than that. I was pointing out that the premise that we need an franchise RB to make the playoffs was wrong.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not really the point. Jonas Gray got the most yards, every other back got less than that. I was pointing out that the premise that we need an franchise RB to make the playoffs was wrong.
Great example, our head coach and qb are every bit as good as theirs.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We ran the ball over 500 times in 2003.

I don't really care what the Pats do. Tom Brady doesn't work here.

I don't know why we wasted all these picks in the offensive line.
That's what we're going to be saying when the coaching staff abandons the run, goes back to passing 45 times a game, and Romo ends up injured.

We run it for one season and all those years of pass-happiness never happened? No, they are going to make it a "trust" issue. They wouldn't give anyone but Murray carries last year, they won't give any of these guys the ball this year.

data

Forbes #1
Thekraken just tweeted: how'd a thread about my tweets turn into a Patriots running game discussion?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We run it for one season and all those years of pass-happiness never happened? No, they are going to make it a "trust" issue. They wouldn't give anyone but Murray carries last year, they won't give any of these guys the ball this year.
Because the coach who changed the pass happiness also happens to be our offensive coordinator still. Kthxbi

townsend

Banned
We ran the ball over 500 times in 2003.

I don't really care what the Pats do. Tom Brady doesn't work here.

That's what we're going to be saying when the coaching staff abandons the run, goes back to passing 45 times a game, and Romo ends up injured.

Linehan ran the ball 450 times with the Lions in 2013, without Demarco Murray. He usually rushed at least 400 times with the lions. Garrett averaged 350 rush attempts.

townsend

Banned
Great example, our head coach and qb are every bit as good as theirs.
Don't be a little bitch. First of all, no Romo isn't as good as Brady, but he's the highest rated passer of all time and was a legitimate contender for MVP last year. Don't pretend he's dog shit just to make your non-existent point.
We have a better receiving core than them, the league's best O-line, and one of the best DCs in the league coordinating an unbelievably talented unit. You cherry picked two fucking things, and forgot that talent wise we're superior to the Pats almost everywhere else.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Linehan ran the ball 450 times with the Lions in 2013, without Demarco Murray. He usually rushed at least 400 times with the lions. Garrett averaged 350 rush attempts.
I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but Garrett has a new contract. He's more comfortable and doesn't have to walk on eggshells.

townsend

Banned
I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but Garrett has a new contract. He's more comfortable and doesn't have to walk on eggshells.
If he takes away play calling it's a sign to worry. Linehan is a much more balanced play caller. Plus not having a record setting poor defense should prevent some of the pass happiness.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Don't be a little bitch. First of all, no Romo isn't as good as Brady, but he's the highest rated passer of all time and was a legitimate contender for MVP last year. Don't pretend he's dog shit just to make your non-existent point.
We have a better receiving core than them, the league's best O-line, and one of the best DCs in the league coordinating an unbelievably talented unit. You cherry picked two fucking things, and forgot that talent wise we're superior to the Pats almost everywhere else.
Quit putting words in my mouth you cherry picking little bitch. Nowhere did I say Romo was dogshit or we wouldn't make the playoffs. Right after the draft I even said I see around 11-5 but have doubts we could make a deep run in the playoffs without a bellcow back so go throw your "we are too as good as the Patriots" tantrum on someone else "true fan"

Top Bottom