2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There is a fair point to be made about media bias in this scandal, I think. But it's not that Trump is being treated unfairly. It's the fact that these things are being dug up now, in the home stretch of the election. I am supposed to believe that CNN couldn't be bothered to go through a bunch of Howard Stern appearances until after Trump beats out several guys who would all be smoking Hillary right about now? The New York Times couldn't find a gaggle of Trump sex assault victims until just this minute, when there's no chance of a replacement candidate?
Some of these things have been out there since the primary.

Most of the Stern stuff has been reported, the Ivanka thing I especially remember.

The thing with miss Utah has been out there and the Harth lawsuit has been covered, about half of this stuff has been floating around But the hot mic has put it all in a new light.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Some of these things have been out there since the primary.

Most of the Stern stuff has been reported, the Ivanka thing I especially remember.

The thing with miss Utah has been out there and the Harth lawsuit has been covered, about half of this stuff has been floating around But the hot mic has put it all in a new light.
Okay, maybe I don't remember this amount of stuff. I remember him making comments about Ivanka's hotness, but not the Stern stuff about her being a POA.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Okay, maybe I don't remember this amount of stuff. I remember him making comments about Ivanka's hotness, but not the Stern stuff about her being a POA.
It's really amazing how much stuff has gotten passing interest involving Trump and Stern, there is a lot of stuff that parallels what he said on that bus.

There are some parallels of that with the Wikileaks stuff but none of that is as salacious and is much more nuanced.

Not tometnion some of it seems to be outright edited.

townsend

Banned
It's really amazing how much stuff has gotten passing interest involving Trump and Stern, there is a lot of stuff that parallels what he said on that bus.

There are some parallels of that with the Wikileaks stuff but none of that is as salacious and is much more nuanced.

Not tometnion some of it seems to be outright edited.
Honestly I think that if he had literally said the exact same thing to Stern on air, it wouldn't have been an issue. The fact that it was a "hot mic" recording made it salacious enough for the media to pick up, and make a scandal out of.

You have to wonder if Trump had some kind of Bill Cosby reputation that the general public didn't know about and the powers that he have been waiting for the right way to leverage that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Honestly I think that if he had literally said the exact same thing to Stern on air, it wouldn't have been an issue. The fact that it was a "hot mic" recording made it salacious enough for the media to pick up, and make a scandal out of.

You have to wonder if Trump had some kind of Bill Cosby reputation that the general public didn't know about and the powers that he have been waiting for the right way to leverage that.
I have heard a couple of campaign managers for other Republican candidates say that he was being called "Grabby Trump" during the primary and had a history of being handsy but nobody could figure out how to introduce that stuff.

That's why Trump would not let anybody on his campaign team vet him.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/trump-wouldnt-let-staff-research-his-past.html

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Obama's put the full smackdown on Trump and the GOP yesterday.:lol

Now that's a power couple, I wonder what they do after leaving office.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/the-tweet-storm-that-should-terrify-the-republican-party/503771/

So let me get this straight: I, a conservative female, have spent years defending the Republican Party against claims of sexism. When I saw Republican men getting attacked I stood up for them. I came to their defense. I fought on their behalf. I fought on behalf of a movement I believed in.

I fought on behalf of my principles while other women told me I hated my own sex. Not only charges of sexism, but I defended@marcorubio during Go8, I fought in my state to stop the@ScottWalker recall, etc… Now some Trojan horse nationalist sexual predator invades the @GOP, eating it alive, and you cowards sit this one out? He treats women like dogs, and you go against everything I – and other female conservatives – said you were & back down like cowards.

Get this straight: We don’t need you to stand up for us, YOU needed to stand up for us for YOU. For YOUR dignity. For YOUR reputation. Jeff Sessions says that he wouldn’t “characterize” Trump’s unauthorized groping of women as “assault.”

Are you kidding me?!

Others try to rebuke his comments, yet STILL choose to vote for a sexual predator - because let’s be honest, that’s what he is. “What he said is wrong, and the way he treats women is wrong, but it’s not wrong enough for me to not vote for him."

Thanks, cowards.

Various men in the movement are writing it off as normal, confirming every stereotype the left has thrown at them. So I'm done. I'm sooo done.

If you can’t stand up for women & unendorse this piece of human garbage, you deserve every charge of sexism thrown at you. I’m just one woman, you won’t even notice my lack of presence at rallies, fair booths, etc. You won’t really care that I’m offended by your silence, and your inability to take a stand. But one by one you’ll watch more women like me go, & you’ll watch men of ACTUAL character follow us out the door.

And what you’ll be left with are the corrupt masses that foam at the mouth every time you step outside the lines. Men who truly see women as lesser beings, & women without self-respect. And your “guiding faith” & “principles” will be attached to them as well. And when it’s all said and done, all you’ll have left is the party The Left always accused you of being.

Scum.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Mike Pence answers 11-year-old girl's body image question with pivot to terrorism

Mike Pence answers 11-year-old girl's body image question with pivot to terrorism

(CNN)When Mike Pence was asked to respond to an 11-year-old girl's questions about body image and female objectification, the Republican vice presidential nominee responded by talking about foreign policy.

WBNS anchor Scott Light asked Pence Thursday how he would respond to the girl, a Girl Scout who had recently visited the radio station, who told a staff member that Donald Trump's words and campaign commercials made her feel bad about looking at herself in the mirror.

"I would say to any one of my kids Donald Trump and I are committed to a safer and more prosperous future for their family," Pence responded. "The weak and feckless foreign policy that Hillary Clinton promises to continue has literally caused areas of the world to spin apart. The rise of terrorist threats that have inspired violence here at home. We've seen an erosion of law and order in our streets and we've seen opportunities and jobs evaporate and even leave Ohio and even leave this country. I would tell every kid that if Donald Trump and I have the chance to serve in the White House that we are going to work every day for a stronger, safer and more prosperous American." :lol

This comes just days after Donald Trump, Pence's running mate, has come under fire, still heavy in fallout over a leaked hot mic tape in which the GOP candidate can be heard making lewd comments about women.

Several other women have come forward, alleging Trump groped them and kissed them without their consent. CNN has not independently verified those accusations, and Donald Trump has denied all of the allegations in those reports.

Pence has staunchly stood by his running mate, rebuking allegations being made against Trump. He said in the same interview that he is confident Trump had never assaulted women -- calling the claims "unsubstantiated" -- and instead pivoting and launching into an attack on former president Bill Clinton's past extramarital affairs.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ann Coulter “The SAME MEDIA gasping in horror at “P*ssy” sure didn’t mind my being called a C*nt repeatedly”POLITICS BY TRUTHFEEDNEWS OCTOBER 13, 2016
By Ann Coulter

*Please note graphic language throughout the column.*

They don’t care about being exposed as lying, hypocritical swine — I’d describe them more fully, but it would require locker room talk. They’ll win the public back later. Right now, all that matters is stopping Trump.

The same media that are pretending to consider the use of a bad word equivalent to rape don’t give a fig about real rape, real sexual assault, real whoring, even real homicide, depending on who did it.

JFK was an STD-infected drug addict who cavorted with whores at the White House, but the media ferociously hid all this from the public, publishing fairy-tale versions of his presidency as “Camelot.”

And what happened to the 11-year rule? Trump said the word “p*ssy” 11 years ago, in a secretly recorded conversation. Eleven years before Sen. Teddy Kennedy ran for president, he killed a girl — but he ran, not only without apology, but, indeed, as the Conscience of the Democratic Party.

Throughout 2009, good, decent Americans who happened to oppose Obamacare were called the name of a gay sex act hundreds of times on TV — and that was just on MSNBC. CNN’s Anderson Cooper made the reference explicit when he giggled, “It’s hard to talk when you’re tea-bagging.”

Among the people using this sexual slur were distinguished members of Congress such as U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez and Rep. Barney Frank. Were they fit to hold office?

Going way, way, way back to a few weeks ago, the same media gasping in horror at “p*ssy” sure didn’t mind my being called a c*nt repeatedly on a Comedy Central broadcast. And when I say “didn’t mind,” I mean they thought it was awesome.

But saying “p*ssy” 11 years ago is over the line.

Cut the crap, media.

A few years ago, Sen. Al Franken joked on a Comedy Central roast about producer Rob Reiner butt-f*cking his children. Does Hillary think he’s fit to be a U.S. senator? Is he fit enough for the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, but not the Senate Finance Committee?

None of these were leaks of secretly recorded conversations — considered a hanging offense in the Clinton years. These vulgarities were intentionally, publicly broadcast by the same media that, today, pretend to need smelling salts after hearing “p*ssy.”

At least this new puritanical standard explains why rappers like Jay Z are banned from the White House. Wait — what?

Perhaps realizing their Victorian virgin act wasn’t cutting it, the media turned to their Pretend We Don’t Understand English method of argument, and claimed that Trump was confessing to having committed a “sexual assault”!

Trump said: “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do any of that. (Laughter.)” Journalists turned this into “sexual assault” by being literal on the “grab” part, non-figurative on the “you” part — and on the “they let you do it” part? Stone, cold deaf.

If “they let you do it,” it’s not an assault.

Like most of Trump’s bragging, his loutish boast was not intended to be taken seriously, nor was it. Far from whipping out his pencil and carefully taking notes, “Access Hollywood”‘s Billy Bush laughed. The gist of what Trump was saying is that — hold onto your hats! — women like to sleep with celebrities! I don’t know if you’ve heard that before.

At least we’re back to the media pretending to care about sexual assault — until further notice.

This is the same media that ran interference for an actual sexual predator in the White House, ignoring Bill Clinton’s serial pants-dropping, groping and raping for nearly a decade, while gleefully vilifying his accusers, and would have been happy to continue if Bill Richardson had become president. Clinton talking about p*ssy was one of his more dignified moments, proudly attested to by his friend Vernon Jordan in a nationally broadcast interview with Mike Wallace.

In the pages of The New York Times, feminist icon Gloria Steinem announced the “one-free grope” rule, specially developed forthe Clinton era.

Former Time magazine correspondent Nina Burleigh said of Clinton, “I would be happy to give him a bl*w job just to thank him for keeping abortion legal.”

Time magazine’s Margaret Carlson said Linda Tripp had “lost membership in the family of man” for secretly tape-recording Monica Lewinsky. Tripp kept the recordings not for something so exalted as stopping Trump, but to protect herself from a charge of perjury.

Even when the law began to close in on the horny hick — midway through the second term he won because of the media’s heroic self-censorship — the rest of us had to spend a year listening to liberals say “Guys like bl*w jobs,” “Everybody does it” and “Let’s move on.”

When Clinton was credibly accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick, NBC strategically held the story — until a week after the Senate had voted in the rapist’s impeachment trial. All the public could do was helplessly sport “Free Lisa Myers” buttons, referring to the investigative reporter who got the interview.

Explaining NBC’s incomprehensible decision to hold its own investigative report, Myers told Broaddrick: “The good news is you’re credible. The bad news is that you’re very credible.”

At least NBC ran the story eventually. The name “Juanita Broaddrick” never crossed the lips of “CBS Evening News” anchor Dan Rather.

Asked by FNC’s Bill O’Reilly why he never got around to mentioning that the commander in chief was, more likely than not, a rapist, Rather said, “When the charge has something to do with somebody’s private sex life, I would prefer not to run any of it.”

So according to our media, committing a rape is “somebody’s private sex life,” but using a bad word is rape.

Poor Billy Bush has to be fired from NBC’s “Today” show so the media can pretend that Trump’s using bawdy language is a very, very serious offense.

Meanwhile, Billy’s ex-president uncle and cousin openly fraternize with the rapist. The second President Bush calls Bill Clinton his “brother from another mother” and praises Clinton’s “character” — something even Clinton’s defenders never did with a straight face.

Now the networks are holding casting calls for some loon willing to falsely accuse Trump of sexual assault, so they can hype it like the Duke lacrosse case, Mattress Girl and Rolling Stone’s fraternity rape. Unfortunately — for us, fortunately for the media — by the time the truth comes out, the election will be over.

H/T – AnnCoulter.com

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Examples of what I stated about the hypocracy of all this pretend outrage. It has been going on for years with others who are heros of the accusers of the current "scandal". How convienent all of this suddenly was brought to light about one individual regarding actions and statements. All the pseudo outrage is more political dirty tricks than personal sentiment. That's the hypocracy of it.

If it's scandalous for one it's scandalous for others.

townsend

Banned
Examples of what I stated about the hypocracy of all this pretend outrage. It has been going on for years with others who are heros of the accusers of the current "scandal". How convienent all of this suddenly was brought to light about one individual regarding actions and statements. All the pseudo outrage is more political dirty tricks than personal sentiment. That's the hypocracy of it.

I agree there's hypocrisy in media coverage. If the media "likes" you then rape allegations aren't treated with the same importance.

That being said, the media liked Bill Cosby, but now Trump's in a similar "accusers come forward" avalanche that he was in. Trump's now getting the Bill Cosby treatment.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ann Coulter “The SAME MEDIA gasping in horror at “P*ssy” sure didn’t mind my being called a C*nt repeatedly”POLITICS BY TRUTHFEEDNEWS OCTOBER 13, 2016
By Ann Coulter

*Please note graphic language throughout the column.*

They don’t care about being exposed as lying, hypocritical swine — I’d describe them more fully, but it would require locker room talk. They’ll win the public back later. Right now, all that matters is stopping Trump.

The same media that are pretending to consider the use of a bad word equivalent to rape don’t give a fig about real rape, real sexual assault, real whoring, even real homicide, depending on who did it.

JFK was an STD-infected drug addict who cavorted with whores at the White House, but the media ferociously hid all this from the public, publishing fairy-tale versions of his presidency as “Camelot.”

And what happened to the 11-year rule? Trump said the word “p*ssy” 11 years ago, in a secretly recorded conversation. Eleven years before Sen. Teddy Kennedy ran for president, he killed a girl — but he ran, not only without apology, but, indeed, as the Conscience of the Democratic Party.

Throughout 2009, good, decent Americans who happened to oppose Obamacare were called the name of a gay sex act hundreds of times on TV — and that was just on MSNBC. CNN’s Anderson Cooper made the reference explicit when he giggled, “It’s hard to talk when you’re tea-bagging.”

Among the people using this sexual slur were distinguished members of Congress such as U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez and Rep. Barney Frank. Were they fit to hold office?

Going way, way, way back to a few weeks ago, the same media gasping in horror at “p*ssy” sure didn’t mind my being called a c*nt repeatedly on a Comedy Central broadcast. And when I say “didn’t mind,” I mean they thought it was awesome.

But saying “p*ssy” 11 years ago is over the line.

Cut the crap, media.

A few years ago, Sen. Al Franken joked on a Comedy Central roast about producer Rob Reiner butt-f*cking his children. Does Hillary think he’s fit to be a U.S. senator? Is he fit enough for the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, but not the Senate Finance Committee?

None of these were leaks of secretly recorded conversations — considered a hanging offense in the Clinton years. These vulgarities were intentionally, publicly broadcast by the same media that, today, pretend to need smelling salts after hearing “p*ssy.”

At least this new puritanical standard explains why rappers like Jay Z are banned from the White House. Wait — what?

Perhaps realizing their Victorian virgin act wasn’t cutting it, the media turned to their Pretend We Don’t Understand English method of argument, and claimed that Trump was confessing to having committed a “sexual assault”!

Trump said: “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do any of that. (Laughter.)” Journalists turned this into “sexual assault” by being literal on the “grab” part, non-figurative on the “you” part — and on the “they let you do it” part? Stone, cold deaf.

If “they let you do it,” it’s not an assault.

Like most of Trump’s bragging, his loutish boast was not intended to be taken seriously, nor was it. Far from whipping out his pencil and carefully taking notes, “Access Hollywood”‘s Billy Bush laughed. The gist of what Trump was saying is that — hold onto your hats! — women like to sleep with celebrities! I don’t know if you’ve heard that before.

At least we’re back to the media pretending to care about sexual assault — until further notice.

This is the same media that ran interference for an actual sexual predator in the White House, ignoring Bill Clinton’s serial pants-dropping, groping and raping for nearly a decade, while gleefully vilifying his accusers, and would have been happy to continue if Bill Richardson had become president. Clinton talking about p*ssy was one of his more dignified moments, proudly attested to by his friend Vernon Jordan in a nationally broadcast interview with Mike Wallace.

In the pages of The New York Times, feminist icon Gloria Steinem announced the “one-free grope” rule, specially developed forthe Clinton era.

Former Time magazine correspondent Nina Burleigh said of Clinton, “I would be happy to give him a bl*w job just to thank him for keeping abortion legal.”

Time magazine’s Margaret Carlson said Linda Tripp had “lost membership in the family of man” for secretly tape-recording Monica Lewinsky. Tripp kept the recordings not for something so exalted as stopping Trump, but to protect herself from a charge of perjury.

Even when the law began to close in on the horny hick — midway through the second term he won because of the media’s heroic self-censorship — the rest of us had to spend a year listening to liberals say “Guys like bl*w jobs,” “Everybody does it” and “Let’s move on.”

When Clinton was credibly accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick, NBC strategically held the story — until a week after the Senate had voted in the rapist’s impeachment trial. All the public could do was helplessly sport “Free Lisa Myers” buttons, referring to the investigative reporter who got the interview.

Explaining NBC’s incomprehensible decision to hold its own investigative report, Myers told Broaddrick: “The good news is you’re credible. The bad news is that you’re very credible.”

At least NBC ran the story eventually. The name “Juanita Broaddrick” never crossed the lips of “CBS Evening News” anchor Dan Rather.

Asked by FNC’s Bill O’Reilly why he never got around to mentioning that the commander in chief was, more likely than not, a rapist, Rather said, “When the charge has something to do with somebody’s private sex life, I would prefer not to run any of it.”

So according to our media, committing a rape is “somebody’s private sex life,” but using a bad word is rape.

Poor Billy Bush has to be fired from NBC’s “Today” show so the media can pretend that Trump’s using bawdy language is a very, very serious offense.

Meanwhile, Billy’s ex-president uncle and cousin openly fraternize with the rapist. The second President Bush calls Bill Clinton his “brother from another mother” and praises Clinton’s “character” — something even Clinton’s defenders never did with a straight face.

Now the networks are holding casting calls for some loon willing to falsely accuse Trump of sexual assault, so they can hype it like the Duke lacrosse case, Mattress Girl and Rolling Stone’s fraternity rape. Unfortunately — for us, fortunately for the media — by the time the truth comes out, the election will be over.

H/T – AnnCoulter.com
:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

How is it hypocrisy it was a scandal for Clinton and it's a scandal for Trump.

Why are people acting like nothing was ever said about Bill Clinton?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is it hypocrisy it was a scandal for Clinton and it's a scandal for Trump.

Why are people acting like nothing was ever said about Bill Clinton?
I think the point is most of America loves Bill Clinton. He is a pretty widely beloved guy. But when it came to womanizing he was as bad as they come. Truth be told I could give a shit less about it. I care about our country, not whether my president is trying to bang every girl he meets.

townsend

Banned
I think the point is most of America loves Bill Clinton. He is a pretty widely beloved guy. But when it came to womanizing he was as bad as they come. Truth be told I could give a shit less about it. I care about our country, not whether my president is trying to bang every girl he meets.
I think it's true that if Clinton was a republican he would have been treated more harshly. But Trump has had gotten away with more than every candidate this century. An affair sent Bill's campaign into a tail spin. The allegation of draft dodging was a crisis.

Trump was a known adulterer and draft dodger before he even teased a presidential run.

Clinton got flack for going on Arsenio Hall. Trump was a repeat guest on Howard Stern.

Obama was a Muslim no matter what he said, Trump is a "baby Christian", no matter how many shitty things he does or says.

Now Clinton, as far as I can tell has two allegations against him. I can't comment on their truthfulness but I do fee like Paula Jones stint on celebrity boxing, just a few years after being handed a million dollar check.", speaks to some kind of craving for attention (even when it's negative). Broaddrick signed an affadavit swearing that an assault never happened to her. That certainly doesn't prove Clinton innocent, but at the very least you can't blame Hillary for giving her husband the benefit of the doubt.

Trump had floating allegations before this happened. He was accused of raping a woman when she was 13. Then the teen USA girls said he'd walk into their dressing rooms, he's been caught making "You'll be my girlfriend" comments to girls as young as 10. He mentioned on Howard Stern that he walked into pageant dressing rooms.

He clearly has some weird issues with women. Even without the "hot mic" stuff there's a lot about Trump (including his s inability to apologize) that throw up huge red flags. I called him a sociopath a year ago, I feel like he's done nothing but demonstrate that over and over again over during his campaign.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

So apparently that sheriff Fox trots out to counter Black Lives Matter after every police shooting is calling for mob violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom