50 dead in mass shooting at Gay Night Club in Orlando

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sacramento pastor defends controversial Orlando comments
Sarah Heise, KCRA.com Published 5:11 pm, Tuesday, June 14, 2016

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Sacramento-pastor-defends-controversial-Orlando-8152900.php

Video here.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/despicable-christian-pastor-compares-orlando-victims-to-paedophiles-682731

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) — A Sacramento pastor, who is receiving some backlash for remarks he made during a Sunday sermon at his church following the shooting massacre in Orlando, spoke with KCRA 3 on Tuesday about his controversial comments.

During a portion of his teaching, Pastor Roger Jimenez, of Verity Baptist Church on Northgate Boulevard, was talking about sodomites, saying that it is "unnatural to want to be with some of the same sex."
Jimenez then went on to make comments about the shooting at a gay nightclub that happened just hours before.

"People say, 'Well, aren't you sad that 50 sodomites died?' Here's the problem with that, it's like the equivalent of asking me, 'Well, aren't you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?'" Jimenez said. "No, I think that's great. I think that helps society. I think that Orlando, Florida is a little safer tonight."
Jimenez went on to say that it was a tragedy more didn't die.

"I'm kind of upset that he didn't finish the job because these people are predators," Jimenez said. "They are abusers, they take advantage of people."

KCRA's Kathy Park spoke with Jimenez on Tuesday about his sermon.
"I don't regret anything that I said, and I don't take back anything that I said," Jimenez said. "I do think that most people out there have not listened to the sermon in it's context and are basically just taking what the media is portraying, and the media, for the most part, is just flat out lying."

During the interview, Jimenez quoted a couple passages in the Bible that he says teach that "these people" deserve to die.
"The point that I was making is if God puts the death penalty on it, God says they deserve to die, and they die, this is not something that we, as Christians, need to be mourning," Jimenez said. "In the same way that this gunman who went in there and killed all these people, he violated scripture. God says that he deserves to die for taking their lives. We don't need to be mourning his death either."

Jimenez went onto say that the main focus of his sermon was about how the government and media is going to use this even to push their agenda, which is to take away gun rights and limit freedom of speech.

"In America, we are no longer allowed to have an opinion," Jimenez said. "In America, you are no longer allowed to say anything that doesn't follow what mainstream media tells you you're allowed to say or else they are going to take your sermon off You Tube or try to shut down your website or whatever."

Jimenez said he has been getting a lot of hateful comments, but he has also been getting a lot of messages and phone calls of people who say they support him and agree with what he is saying.
"I think it's time for normal people to step up and say enough is enough," Jimenez said. "I'm not saying, 'Let's go kill them.'"

Jimenez has been a pastor at Verity Baptist Church for more than 5 years and said his recent sermon will not change the way he preaches. He thinks he might lose some people from his church, but he also might gain some followers because of his comments.

Members of the City Pastors Fellowship of Sacramento released a statement Tuesday in response to Jimenez's comments:

"This past Sunday morning, there was a heartless and heartbreaking statement made by a Sacramento pastor to his congregation related to the shootings in Orlando. These comments, applauding the death of innocent people, are completely contrary to the Bible's teaching and God's heart. His statements do not represent Jesus nor hundreds of Sacramento pastors whose hearts have been broken and are praying for the loved ones so tragically affected by this cowardly act. As Sacramento pastors, we are united in our prayers and sadness for those who have lost loved ones and for those even now fighting for their lives. May God's love prevail in this tragedy."
At least two protests are planned for Sunday at Verity Baptist Church in response to Jimenez's sermon.
"I am not against people protesting. I think people have the right to say whatever they want, and people should be able to disagree with me," Jimenez said. "I don't have an issue with that. We are going to make sure people are safe and aren't harassed and are allowed to come into the church service if they wish to. We don't mind protesters being there. I will be preaching."

According to its website, Verity Baptist Church is "an independent, fundamental, soul winning, separated, King James Bible believing Baptist Church--and not ashamed to say so."

Jiggyfly

Banned
Omar Mateen may not have understood the difference between ISIS, al-Qaeda and Hezbollah
By Adam Taylor WorldViewsJune 13

In the early hours of Sunday morning, Omar Mateen killed at least 49 people during an attack on the popular gay nightclub Pulse in Orlando. During the attack, Mateen placed a 911 call and told the operator that his actions were motivated by his hardcore Islamist beliefs. However, Mateen's comments about Islam suggested that while his viewpoints were no doubt extreme, they were also confused, perhaps even incoherent.

Speaking to reporters Monday, FBI Director James B. Comey said that during his 911 calls, Mateen said he was a supporter of the Islamic State, the extremist Sunni group also known as ISIS that controls a significant expanse of territory in Syria and Iraq. Media outlets linked to the Islamic State later claimed Mateen as their own, describing him as "one of the soldiers of the caliphate in America."

Mateen also mentioned the 2013 Boston bombing during his calls. That attack, which left three dead and more than 260 injured, was carried out by the Tsarnaev brothers. While the brothers were not found to be directly linked to a foreign group, they were partly motivated by a magazine published by al-Qaeda's affiliate in Yemen. (According to the Guardian, Mateen's admiration for the Tsarnaev brothers went back further. In 2013, Mateen is believed to have told the FBI that he knew the two bombers, though investigators later concluded that this relationship had been fabricated.)

Comey said that during the calls, Mateen also mentioned Moner Mohammad Abusalha, a fellow Floridian who had traveled to Syria to fight with Jabhat al-Nusra, the al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria. Mateen had been investigated by the FBI for his contact with Abusalha in 2014, but the case was quickly closed. Abusalha returned to Syria, where he killed himself in a suicide attack.

Further confusing matters, Comey also revealed that in "inflammatory and contradictory" comments to co-workers in 2013, Mateen had claimed to be a member of Hezbollah, the Shiite militia based in Lebanon.

To be clear, these groups named by Mateen are not allies. The Islamic State and al-Qaeda both derive their theology from an extreme view of Sunni Islamism, but in practical terms the pair split in 2014, with the more established al-Qaeda publicly disavowing the actions of the more extreme Islamic State. Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, often fights the Islamic State in the Syrian conflict. Meanwhile, Hezbollah is a Shiite Islamist group. In Syria, it supports the government of Bashar al-Assad, effectively meaning it fights both the Islamic State and al-Qaeda.

Comey suggested Monday that Mateen may have not understood the distinctions among the groups. Relatives have given mixed reports about the level of Mateen's religiosity, with some suggesting he preferred working out to studying religion. He attended the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, though he is said to have rarely spoken. His Afghan father has filmed videos that appeared to offer support for the Taliban, a fundamentalist movement that also opposes the Islamic State, though his messages also were sometimes incoherent.

Mateen certainly wouldn't be the first terrorist to cite Islam as justification for his actions while apparently being somewhat confused about the religion. In one especially notorious case, two British men who were found guilty of terrorism charges in 2014 ordered “Islam for Dummies,” “The Koran for Dummies” and “Arabic for Dummies” from Amazon before they left for Syria.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wow! Orlando is a disaster today. The massacre and now a child was taken by an alligator at Disneyworld. The land of the Magic Kingdom is cursed all of a sudden. But that's a different topic.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Christianity has had it's troubles, but for the most part they are way back in history with very few exceptions. The Klan was a hate group that cloaked itself in Christianity , but was never based there. Where people fail to differentiate Muslims is in the fact you have people of the faith who are truly of the faith, and may not adhere to the more violent aspects of the Koran. They want to worship Allah and get along. Many have lived in Israel for centuries. Then you have the fundamentalist-extremists who take the text verbatim and want the entire world to do the same. These people are the enemy of freedom and peace for any faith and we should terminate as many as we can as fast as we can with extreme prejudice before the do it to us.

townsend

Banned
There are tons of Christian extremist groups operating in India, Africa, and of course Ireland. Not even largely dormant hate groups like the KKK, we're talking about organizations with ethnic cleansing on their mission statement and their resume.

townsend

Banned
Quick run down of some prominent Christian extremists

Army of God: US based anti abortion terrorist group.

Anti Balaka militias: Christian group responsible for whole sale slaughter of Muslims and destruction of Mosques in central Africa

NLFT: Organization in Indian trying to force the existence of a seperate Christian state, has murdered at least 20 Hindus for not converting to Christianity. Along with threats of death, they've been known to force conversions under the threat of rape. Also gunned down

Nagaland: North Indian militant group, that wants to establish a Christian Theocratic gov't. They attempted to Carry out an ethnic cleansing of Kuki tribes that left 900 dead and over 100,000 as refugees.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Another bar in Florida with armed security and it still got shot up. 2 kids dead so far. 16 more hurt.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus Christ, the FBI is looking worse and worse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus, people looking for an easy solution to fix some of this gun violence should have a pretty clear and obvious target.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jesus, people looking for an easy solution to fix some of this gun violence should have a pretty clear and obvious target.
There is never an easy answer when politics and people are involved.

Top Bottom