Now That The Cowboys Are Out Of It....

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jason Garrett names Matt Cassel starter for Cowboys in Week 15
Jeffrey Kahn - 6 hours ago

Matt Cassel will start for the Dallas Cowboys in Week 15 of the NFL.

On Monday, head coach Jason Garrett addressed media and answered questions in regards to his quarterback and the upcoming game against the Jets.

"Matt Cassel will be our starting quarterback this week," Garrett announced during his press conference.

With three games left, the Cowboys are not mathematically eliminated from postseason play. That means Garrett still has reason to play Cassel to keep playoff hopes alive as he believes the quarterback gives the team the best shot at winning.

"The evaluation is who gives us the best chance to win on Saturday night," Garrett said shooting down the possibility of starting backup quarterback Kellen Moore. "We still feel like Matt Cassel is that guy. He's done some good things for our team over the time he's started for us this year. We have won a game with him and he's contributed to us to putting us in a position to win other games that he's started for us.

"Has he played perfectly? Absolutely not. No one knows that more than he does. No one knows that more than we do. We've got to create an environment for him to be successful and really for guys around him to be successful as well."

Cassel was 13-of-29 for 114 yards with one interception in Sunday's loss to the Packers. With the poor performance, why not give Moore, the former Boise State star, a shot under center for the Cowboys?

"I think you're always looking for opportunities to evaluate young players," Garrett said. "Our sole objective right now is to win this game on Saturday night. We're going to give Matt Cassel a chance to do that because we think he gives us the best chance right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I mention that I hate Jason Garrett?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Man, our idiot head coach and owner have reached a new level of being senile.

The fact that they think that they're still in it, despite the fact that we haven't played well all season, and the mere fact that they seem to be playing for a hopeless playoff spot is just completely laughable.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
"I think you're always looking for opportunities to evaluate young players," Garrett said. "Our sole objective right now is to win this game on Saturday night. We're going to give Matt Cassel a chance to do that because we think he gives us the best chance right now."
We should name Rowdy the HC for the rest of the year. It would be our best chance to win right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whenever a coach says "best chance to win" that is usually a tell tale sign they really have no options. Heard that a lot when Parcells was marching Testaverde out there over and over.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whenever a coach says "best chance to win" that is usually a tell tale sign they really have no options. Heard that a lot when Parcells was marching Testaverde out there over and over.
I would love to have a Testaverde type on this team now.

Top Bottom