Kubiak Fired

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fat Wade will probably get the interim gig.

Heh heh.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fat Wade will probably get the interim gig.

Heh heh.
Yep.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That game last night was weird. Keenum sucks....Kubiak pulls him and puts Schaub in and gets a brief spark until throwing the INT late.

Fat Wade's secondary piles up stupid penalty after stupid penalty all night.

He is now interim HC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They do have a lot of residual talent and should have the first overall pick.

It should be a very desireable HC gig.

I wonder if McNair still makes a run at Sumlin despite his extension.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yep.

Didn't he say he would be a head coach again?

Guess he was right.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What a shock, a team associated with Wade Phillips collapses.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Another case of history repeating.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What a shock, a team associated with Wade Phillips collapses.
It really fell apart last night. Guys were running around like a bunch of undisciplined slobs on defense, especially in the secondary.

Sorry, but for them to panic and have like three or four pass interference penalties against a Chad Henne QBed team...awful.

As for Kubiak, not sure what I think of him anymore.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kubiak?

Another one in a long line of guys who I've been told is an upgrade over Garrett, but would actually come here and be 8-8 and not get us over the hump like the average coach that he (and Garrett) is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It really fell apart last night. Guys were running around like a bunch of undisciplined slobs on defense, especially in the secondary.

Sorry, but for them to panic and have like three or four pass interference penalties against a Chad Henne QBed team...awful.

As for Kubiak, not sure what I think of him anymore.
Well he did go to and play for Texas A&M. :tippytoe

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kubiak?

Another one in a long line of guys who I've been told is an upgrade over Garrett, but would actually come here and be 8-8 and not get us over the hump like the average coach that he (and Garrett) is.

Easy there, lil camper. Nobody was insulting your girlfriend.

I used to think he might not be a bad option as an OC if he got fired.

After watching him going all empty set last night even in short yardage, I don't believe I'd even take him as an OC to pair with your mancrush.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lovie Smith will be on the Texans interview list

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2013, 12:48 PM EST

While firing head coach Gary Kubiak today, Texans owner Bob McNair made it clear he was looking for experience.

And one guy with successful head coaching experience is sitting nearby.

McNair indicated that former Bears coach Lovie Smith was a possibility for the vacancy, and the timing gives him an advantage.

Smith has been sitting idle since being fired by the Bears, after compiling an 81-63 record in nine years as the Bears’ head coach. That should make him a hot commodity this offseason, in places beyond his native Texas.

That would trigger immediate speculation about the future of quarterback Jay Cutler, who could become a free agent this offseason.

But Smith’s candidacy would stand on its own merits, after a consistently successful run with the Bears.
-----------------

If Smith goes to Houston, so does Marinelli.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Getting rid of Kubiak is only a small part of their problem. They need to address the OL and secondary as well.

If the Texans do indeed draft 1st overall, I think they'll try to trade back and target Bridgewater or Manziel. Assuming those two delcare for the NFL draft.

Are people still saying Clowney will be #1 overall? If so, there's your trade bait. I think he'd be great paired with Watt but I could see them wanting to make the offense the priority with their early picks.

D

Deuce

Getting rid of Kubiak is only a small part of their problem. They need to address the OL and secondary as well.

If the Texans do indeed draft 1st overall, I think they'll try to trade back and target Bridgewater or Manziel. Assuming those two delcare for the NFL draft.

Are people still saying Clowney will be #1 overall? If so, there's your trade bait. I think he'd be great paired with Watt but I could see them wanting to make the offense the priority with their early picks.
Bridgewater will not fall far enough to target in a trade down. If Jacksonville stays at 2 and he's there, they'll take him.

Top Bottom