2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
It would help to know how many people flipped from 2012, how many didn't vote in 2012, etc.

Anyway, my point is not that I know that's what swung it for Trump. That would be reductive. I just think it's also reductive to say voters would have stumbled over themselves to go out and vote for single-payer healthcare.
I think that specific issue might have definitely pushed out more voters.

I think the fact that ACA is a steaming pile of shit has undercut the enthusiasm that Obama had enjoyed. I think when ACA was getting pushed through, that's what people thought they were getting. Instead of a website where vendors offer you a bare bones plan for 400 dollars a month.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WOMAN RUNS OVER HER HUSBAND WITH AN SUV AFTER LEARNING HE VOTED FOR TRUMP

A Californian woman severely injured her husband by hitting him at great speed with her SUV, after he confessed that he had voted for Donald Trump in the last presidential election.

Tania Whitmore, a devoted militant for the Hillary Clinton campaign, allegedly used her Ford Escape SUV to trample her husband, Darrell Johnson, after he told her that he’d voted for Trump.

Investigators believe that her vehicle was going at more than 65 miles per hour it hit Mr Johnson, around 7:30 this morning. After the collision, it changed direction and ended up crashing into a large tree.

Officers of the San Diego Police Department rapidly arrived on the site, and were fortunately able to arrest her before she had time to finish her spouse.

“I’d forgiven him for cheating on me with both my sister and my best friend, but this was too much!” she shouted after her arrest. “The jerk deserved to die!”

Mr Johnson was rapidly transported at the UC San Diego Health Center, where he remains in a critical but stable condition.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
'My life goal is to assassinate Trump': Ohio man is first to be charged for sending threatening election night tweet

A 24-year-old man from Ohio has been charged in a federal court after tweeting a threat to assassinate President-elect Donald Trump on election night.

Zachary Benson, from Fairview Park in Cleveland, posted the remark on Twitter a few minutes before the Republican nominee was declared the winner of last week's election.

Benson tweeted: 'My life goal is to assassinate Trump. Don't care if I serve infinite sentences. That man deserves to decease (sic) existing.'

Seconds earlier he tweeted: 'Diplomacy. F***ing fools. I hate you all. I want to bomb every one of your voting booths and your general areas.'

Benson was arrested a few hours later and interviewed by the Secret Service.

After the results were announced, many of those who opposed Trump rushed to Twitter to call for his assassination. But Benson is believed to be the first person to be charged in connection with one of those tweets.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that Benson told the Secret Service agent he spent election night drinking and eating at a restaurant with his father and a friend.

He got back home and was watching the election results on TV in his bedroom when he tweeted the remarks.

Benson said he had no intention of following through with the threat and was 'just frustrated thinking about how President-elect Trump's policies could affect his job'.

He apparently deleted the tweets when he woke up in the morning, but the Secret Service had already been tipped off about them.

But he has now been charged with making a threat to a successor to the presidency.

Benson made his first appearance in court yesterday and is thought to be in custody, pending a bail hearing.

Cuyahoga County, which includes Cleveland, voted for Clinton over Trump by a margin of 66 per cent to 33 per cent, but Ohio overall went for Trump by nine points.

2233boys

Not So New Member

I think the fact that ACA is a steaming pile of shit has undercut the enthusiasm that Obama had enjoyed. I think when ACA was getting pushed through, that's what people thought they were getting. Instead of a website where vendors offer you a bare bones plan for 400 dollars a month.
That those same providers had a hand in planning so it was basically and FU to the rest of us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why'd they nominate her? Because she was a moderate.
Why'd the DNC and the Media tell us she was the only chance to beat Trump? Because she was a moderate.
Because Hillary had purchased favors with a lot of Democrats. I mean lets face it, she wheeled and dealed her way into that position. It's why the DNC served it up on a silver platter. It's why no other legitimate Democratic contenders even pushed her for the nomination outside of Bernie, who is an outsider who basically plays by his own rules. Bernie was an inconvenience to the DNC who didn't want to put any legitimate competition against Hillary for President. It was a massive mistake on their part thinking that Hillary would be elected and that they didn't need to consider any other candidates.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think the massive spikes in premiums right before the election was really killer to Hillary.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Because Hillary had purchased favors with a lot of Democrats. I mean lets face it, she wheeled and dealed her way into that position. It's why the DNC served it up on a silver platter. It's why no other legitimate Democratic contenders even pushed her for the nomination outside of Bernie, who is an outsider who basically plays by his own rules. Bernie was an inconvenience to the DNC who didn't want to put any legitimate competition against Hillary for President. It was a massive mistake on their part thinking that Hillary would be elected and that they didn't need to consider any other candidates.
Or need his voters for her election. I don't know how many of the I'm with Her crowd told me they didn't need our votes.

Guess what nominate a deeply flawed candidate, to face off with another deeply flawed candidate, and you get what we have now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:laff

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

What a moron. News flash, dumbass. Yes he is, unless you're planning on renouncing your citizenship.
I'm not an Obama fan. Didn't mean that he wasn't the President of my country, which in fact, made him my President.

I can thankfully say that he was never my CIC, though. :art

townsend

Banned
DNC Aiming To Reconnect With Working-Class Americans With New ‘Hamilton’-Inspired Lena Dunham Web Series

http://www.theonion.com/article/dnc-aiming-reconnect-working-class-americans-new-h-54707?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing
NEWS IN BRIEF November 15, 2016
VOL 52 ISSUE 45 · Politics · Celebrities · Culture · Politicians · Entertainment
WASHINGTON—Saying the new effort would help them make critical inroads with low-income rural voters following a stunning election loss last week, the Democratic National Committee announced the launch of a new Hamilton-inspired web series Tuesday starring Lena Dunham intended to connect with working-class Americans and address their most pressing concerns. “We’re hoping to make up the ground we lost with white working-class voters and union members who once made up our base with a new 10-part hip-hop musical set in rural Wisconsin, featuring a down-on-her-luck manufacturing worker played by Lena Dunham,” said DNC interim chair Donna Brazile, who added that, in an effort to appeal to economically distressed voters, each episode would see the protagonists tackle a different theme, such as taxes or free trade, through the choreography of five-time Tony winner Susan Stroman. “We are confident that with the help of Josh Gad, Debra Messing, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and the creative team behind The Mindy Project, we can bring Americans who feel like they have been left behind by globalization back to the Democratic Party. Viewers will also have the chance to win a trip to be in the audience at a live TED Talk taping if they share the series on Instagram, which we believe will draw considerable interest across the nation’s heartland.” Brazile added that the web series would be available exclusively through Seeso and HBO Go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
DNC Aiming To Reconnect With Working-Class Americans With New ‘Hamilton’-Inspired Lena Dunham Web Series

http://www.theonion.com/article/dnc-aiming-reconnect-working-class-americans-new-h-54707?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing
NEWS IN BRIEF November 15, 2016
VOL 52 ISSUE 45 · Politics · Celebrities · Culture · Politicians · Entertainment
WASHINGTON—Saying the new effort would help them make critical inroads with low-income rural voters following a stunning election loss last week, the Democratic National Committee announced the launch of a new Hamilton-inspired web series Tuesday starring Lena Dunham intended to connect with working-class Americans and address their most pressing concerns. “We’re hoping to make up the ground we lost with white working-class voters and union members who once made up our base with a new 10-part hip-hop musical set in rural Wisconsin, featuring a down-on-her-luck manufacturing worker played by Lena Dunham,” said DNC interim chair Donna Brazile, who added that, in an effort to appeal to economically distressed voters, each episode would see the protagonists tackle a different theme, such as taxes or free trade, through the choreography of five-time Tony winner Susan Stroman. “We are confident that with the help of Josh Gad, Debra Messing, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and the creative team behind The Mindy Project, we can bring Americans who feel like they have been left behind by globalization back to the Democratic Party. Viewers will also have the chance to win a trip to be in the audience at a live TED Talk taping if they share the series on Instagram, which we believe will draw considerable interest across the nation’s heartland.” Brazile added that the web series would be available exclusively through Seeso and HBO Go.
:lol

This is a joke right? Lets get blue collar union workers back by doing a hip-hop musical in rural Wisconsin?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The crazy thing is that they do think more Lena Dunham is what they need.

Please behave Trump. You are a couple smart moves away from a 2018 Republican supermajority.

Republicans control all but like 13 state legislatures. We are like 8 US Senate seats away from legitimately being able to put Constitutional Amendments on the table. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Today I learned Libertarians can't read.
Uh, I did see it was the Onion. Maybe you can't read. What I said was, despite being satire, the Democrats do think they need more Lena Dunham.

Which is hilarious.

townsend

Banned
The crazy thing is that they do think more Lena Dunham is what they need.

Please behave Trump. You are a couple smart moves away from a 2018 Republican supermajority.

Republicans control all but like 13 state legislatures. We are like 8 US Senate seats away from legitimately being able to put Constitutional Amendments on the table. :lol
There seems to be a strong correlation between wanting a republican supermajority and having poor reading comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom