2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
This is absolutely correct, and is one of the biggest fallacies when it comes to gun haters. They see the words hollow point as scary, when it is actually safer when it comes to how many people one round can hurt or kill because it stops on impact.
The reasoning is in the type of wound that they each create... FMJs make a clean entry/exit wound, hollow points shread and tear the flesh. It's much easier to surgically close a GSW made by the former than the latter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The reasoning is in the type of wound that they each create... FMJs make a clean entry/exit wound, hollow points shread and tear the flesh. It's much easier to surgically close a GSW made by the former than the latter.
It's also much more likely you hit a person behind the person you're shooting at with a FMJ round.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's also much more likely you hit a person behind the person you're shooting at with a FMJ round.
Yep. That would be worse if it's one of your family members. Hollow point must be used for home defense. No question.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep. That would be worse if it's one of your family members. Hollow point must be used for home defense. No question.
One of my worst fears is someone breaking into my house and me having to fire a weapon at them and the round going through them, a wall, and god forbid into one of my children's rooms. The .40 cal magazines I use for home defense are always kept loaded with hollow points.

Cotton

Staff member
No shotgun for home defense?
Shotguns work, they are just a bit more cumbersome. Pistols are much easier and faster to get into ready position. But, if the idea is to just scare them out of the house without confrontation, you rack a shotgun and watch them run from the sound. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Just curious, so I decided to look it up. Will Fuller has the highest drop percentage of any receiver in the NFL with more than 40 targets.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just curious, so I decided to look it up. Will Fuller has the highest drop percentage of any receiver in the NFL with more than 40 targets.
He's also on pace for a 50 catch rookie season.

Not bad if all you had to invest was a second rounder.

FWIW I could give two shits about Fuller. I just find it amusing and misplaced that you hate the guy so much.

Cotton

Staff member
He's also on pace for a 50 catch rookie season.

Not bad if all you had to invest was a second rounder.

FWIW I could give two shits about Fuller. I just find it amusing and misplaced that you hate the guy so much.
If all you had to invest is a second rounder. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If all you had to invest is a second rounder. :lol
What's so funny? I know he went in the first but my recollection is that the pre-draft discussion about him was asking if he was good value in the second?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's so funny? I know he went in the first but my recollection is that the pre-draft discussion about him was asking if he was good value in the second?
And someone thought he would be a sixth rounder...

Cotton

Staff member
And someone thought he would be a sixth rounder...
You keep perpetuating this lie, and guess what, it's still a lie.

What's not a lie is that he drops the ball at a higher rate than any other receiver in the NFL.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Random subject since I heard them talking about it on Mike & Mike earlier. Lately there's been a lot of talk about fun being removed from the game of football.

I've watched refs literally stare and chase down college players after a TD is scored, just to make sure that the player doesn't celebrate too much. It's ridiculous how these refs stare & follow players around the endzone with the intensity of a security guard following a black guy around a high-end department store.

I get not allowing stuff like the throat slash but banning stuff like Brandin Cook's bow & arrow celebration is silly.

I think part of the problem with baseball losing its appeal with younger viewers is all the silly unwritten rules being forced down our throats by older generations.

My recommendation for the NFL and all sports for that matter, is to allow include a group of individuals from the 35-45 year old range to be the principal rule makers when it comes to any rules addressing taunting and excessive celebrations.

I think that demographic would be better suited to address those types of rules. I think they'd be mature enough to understand what's offensive/excessive, yet young enough to still be in touch with the trends of today's youth. Right now I think a huge part of the disconnect is we have a lot of 50 and older people making rules based on what they deem is appropriate.

I know some are perfectly fine with just watching the game, but a lot of us actually like to see players express their personality. After all, sports is basically an entity of the entertainment industry. So I'd hate to see all the fun legislated out of the games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

What's not a lie is that he drops the ball at a higher rate than any other receiver in the NFL.
Even if you thought his talent only justified a sixth round pick, we can all see that it was a stupid statement. Which is why you keep trying to justify it by posting about his drops.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Let the body catch the ball...

Cotton

Staff member
Even if you thought his talent only justified a sixth round pick, we can all see that it was a stupid statement. Which is why you keep trying to justify it by posting about his drops.
He has the highest drop rate in the league in just his first season. Plus, outside of his first two game he has exactly one game where he has even managed 35 yards. So, that's 5 out of 8 games with less than 35 yards a game. I'd say the jury is still out on how stupid or misguided the statement was.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Did you not say you would not draft before the 6th or was it the 5th?

What is the lie here?

Jiggyfly

Banned
He has the highest drop rate in the league in just his first season. Plus, outside of his first two game he has exactly one game where he has even managed 35 yards. So, that's 5 out of 8 games with less than 35 yards a game. I'd say the jury is still out on how stupid or misguided the statement was.
He has been hurt and look at who his QB is.

Hopkins has not been that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom