Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:zzz

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we sign Morris we're not drafting any RB before our comp picks.
I'd be fine with that. He is a reliable veteran back who you can count on to pick up blitzes and probably pick up the short yards. The way RBs are in the NFL you might find the best back in the draft in the sixth round.

townsend

Banned
I'd be fine with that. He is a reliable veteran back who you can count on to pick up blitzes and probably pick up the short yards. The way RBs are in the NFL you might find the best back in the draft in the sixth round.
Makes more sense in 2017, our season and Romo's life depend on him not getting Gronked again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I'm not a fan either.
Too much wear on the tires for one. If anything, it needs to be dirt cheap like McFadden and for one year. He's a three yards and a cloud of dust type. Might be okay for short yardage, but I am not signing him for much to just do that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Booze is just mad because if we sign Morris, it's not likely we take Elliot at 4.
Absolutely.

Because you know damn good and well we won't take the QB. We won't take another back like Zeke because, well, Jerry and Stephen will be high fiving themselves getting Morris on the cheap.

All this would do is check another box for them to make things simpler.

Then all they have to do is say, hey, Bosa was the best fit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys get Friday visit from restricted free agent Benson Mayowa

By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Oakland Raiders defensive end Benson Mayowa arrived at Valley Ranch on Friday, according to a source. The Cowboys are interested in signing the restricted free agent to a deal after he passes a physical.

The Raiders would have five days to match the offer sheet and retain his services. They would receive no compensation for letting him go.

Mayowa, who is 6 foot 3 and 252 pounds, has only three starts and two sacks in 30 games over three NFL seasons. But the Cowboys hope the best football lies ahead for the 24-year old.

Mayowa went undrafted out of the University of Idaho in 2013 before signing a free-agent contract with the Seattle Seahawks. He was waived in camp before the 2014 season and was picked up on waivers by the Oakland Raiders who he spent the past two seasons.

The Cowboys are in desperate need at defensive end with Randy Gregory suspended for the first four games, DeMarcus Lawrence coming off back surgery and Jack Crawford, Jeremy Mincey and Greg Hardy unsigned as unrestricted free agents.

The Cowboys expressed interest in Adrian Clayborn before he re-signed with the Atlanta Falcons. They had Chris Long scheduled to visit this week before he chose to sign with the Patriots after a visit there.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Don't get too excited about the Morris visit. According to KFFL, he's trading the turf for the court.

Dallas to meet with Alfred Morris

Free-agent RB Alfred Morris (Redskins) is scheduled to meet with the Dallas Mavericks Monday, March 21.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't get too excited about the Morris visit. According to KFFL, he's trading the turf for the court.

Dallas to meet with Alfred Morris

Free-agent RB Alfred Morris (Redskins) is scheduled to meet with the Dallas Mavericks Monday, March 21.

Great example of informed sports writers. Anyone can be one these days. All it takes is an internet account and a laptop.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd be okay with Morris on a one or two year deal as long as we don't pay him like our crown jewel of this free agency cycle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd be okay with Morris on a one or two year deal as long as we don't pay him like our crown jewel of this free agency cycle.

That is Thornton. You know, in a draft deep at his position.

Top Bottom